Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oppo Find 7

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,909 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Nope. Volume is fine, have been using its own charger mostly but it will charge slowly off a portable bank. Havent used my BT headphones with it yet. No heating whatsover, charges in 45mins and still a lot cooler than my GS3 got.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭satguy

I really really want one of these, in fact it is top of my Santa list this year.

And yes, I have been a good boy, and I even got the chimney sweep in this week..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,448 ✭✭✭droidman123

CathalK182 wrote: »
    I suppose if I was watching movies I would be at home so I could just plug it in anyway so it doesn't really make much of a difference to me as long as it stays going while I'm out somewhere. When you get the phone first can you just pop in the sim card and it will work?

Yeah I am with three, just put my Sim in and it was ready to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,448 ✭✭✭droidman123

-Can't hear callers on highest setting, have to use loudspeaker
    -Random Bluetooth disconnections
    -Battery gets very warm/hot after any sort of use
    -Battery is very bad, especially on standby
    -Doesn't charge with some (working) cables

I'm not arsed messing around with replacements and waiting on software.

I finished charging mine over an hour ago,haven't used it since,but its still at 100 %, also haven't noticed it getting warm even though yesterday I put it through its paces.

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Do keep us up to date with how the return goes, if there's any hassle along the way or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

did you order from oppostyle capt morgan or oppo itself?

here is how fast the charge is for anyone interested

img_20140715_1653167xekr.jpg

img_20140715_172748oys7u.jpg.

• Advertisement

SJwlgERl.png

• Registered Users Posts: 24 JoeJoe79

Hi all...first post ever...Oppo is that important! Sickened I missed the stock of the Find 7 oppostyle only has the Find 7a left.

Any insight into when/if oppostyle will have the find 7 back in stock???

My other option is wait for six months for LG G3 to drop in price T_T

• Registered Users Posts: 41 CathalK182

JoeJoe79 wrote: »
    Hi all...first post ever...Oppo is that important! Sickened I missed the stock of the Find 7 oppostyle only has the Find 7a left.

Any insight into when/if oppostyle will have the find 7 back in stock???

My other option is wait for six months for LG G3 to drop in price T_T

I just checked there and the 7 is in stock on oppostyle.

OMG thanks it is!!! I was checking last week and saw nothing! Praise the lord...please let them be there next week for pay day :D!

OMG thanks it is!!! I was checking last week and saw nothing! Praise the lord...please let them be there next week for pay day :D!

Haha. I'm waiting for the 7a midnight to come back in its been out of stock for ages :(

CathalK182 wrote: »
    Haha. I'm waiting for the 7a midnight to come back in its been out of stock for ages :(

You must really want that colour :D Why not sacrifice the colour and pay at little extra for extra 50% more RAM, little faster processor and sharper 1440p screen?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

You must really want that colour :D Why not sacrifice the colour and pay at little extra for extra 50% more RAM, little faster processor and sharper 1440p screen?

Due to that overkill screen the phone is actually slower than it's less powerful sibling, you can't have it all :pac:

Due to that overkill screen the phone is actually slower than it's less powerful sibling, you can't have it all :pac:

This dude seems to report the opposite :S at least with AnTuTu

I was thinking about it but then money came into the equation. :P I might though. I'll have to wait and see.

And the phone is ruined!!! It has partitioned memory!!! Only 3GB storage for apps and app data! Im already at 4 on my current phone. Im not paying hundreds of euro to buy a phone that I have to instantly root instantly and use a work around and risk loosing the touch features in colour OS. Rather...annoyed

Knew it was too good to be true T_T

What the hell are oppo thinking...patitioned memory...hello 2009 : S

• Advertisement

And the phone is ruined!!! It has partitioned memory!!! Only 3GB storage for apps and app data! Im already at 4 on my current phone. Im not paying hundreds of euro to buy a phone that I have to instantly root instantly and use a work around and risk loosing the touch features in colour OS. Rather...annoyed

Knew it was too good to be true T_T

What the hell are oppo thinking...patitioned memory...hello 2009 : S

Bit of an over reaction:
    1. You can easily move an app to /phone from /system with two taps. No rooting no hacks.
    2. CM can easily be flashed to fix it.

App2SD has some issues on the Find 7a. Apparently it leaves the apps on the SD inaccessible at times. Far from ideal solution

And not sure CM11 support most of the gesture controls which is one of the features of the Find 7a

As I understand it anyway :O. If I could confirm CM11 would support the gestures on Colour OS then I think it would be okay...hmmm...I just don't know what to do now. Can you definitely move apps from /phone to /system or is it only some apps? I thought if it were tht simple there wouldn't be so many devs trying to change partition tables on the internal memory :O

I can confirm on oppos forums that only the 3GB can be used for app storage and there is no support to move the apps from here to the rest of the phone storage

App2SD has some issues on the Find 7a. Apparently it leaves the apps on the SD inaccessible at times. Far from ideal solution

And not sure CM11 support most of the gesture controls which is one of the features of the Find 7a

As I understand it anyway :O. If I could confirm CM11 would support the gestures on Colour OS then I think it would be okay...hmmm...I just don't know what to do now. Can you definitely move apps from /phone to /system or is it only some apps? I thought if it were tht simple there wouldn't be so many devs trying to change partition tables on the internal memory :O

Not all are moveable no, not sure what determines if they are. Seems about half of my non system apps can be moved.

See attachment for the option, no app required.

Afaik the 1+1 has the gestures, which it inherited from CM. So I assumed we'd get em too, haven't checked though.

Well that seems okay. I would just really worry that I would have to stay on top of my cache in some apps all the time. Spotify in particular although I think your cacche can be stored in the SD card for that. A friend of mine is getting the 7a today so I can look at his and see if the apps I have can be moved. I might be starting to calm down a bit now :O Thanks for looking at that Ed E :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

ED E wrote: »
    Bit of an over reaction:
    1. You can easily move an app to /phone from /system with two taps. No rooting no hacks.
    2. CM can easily be flashed to fix it.

Does flashing it with CM definitely sort of the memory partition issue on the 7A?

Edit - hmm, seemingly not - http://www.oppoforums.com/threads/available-memory-on-7a.11037/page-3

That's me out.

Apparently a member on the oppoforums Coldbird has developed something for inverting the partition table but he has only got NamelessROM to support it so far...no Cyanogenmod yet. Suppose they might have to just be annoyed over at CM about it...not sure there are that many find 7/7a owners to rally enough support for unified storage support though : S

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Just OOC lads, regarding the student discount what is the verification process? I still have an in-date card but am no longer in college so if I send them a scan will they contact the university to see if I'm still on the system?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Hmm rather tempted now. Somehow managed to not notice the white bezel on the black OPOs and it's somewhat ruined the look of the device for me. Not really an app hog either so 3GBs will probably be fine.

Advertisement