Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oppo Find 7

Options
  • 19-03-2014 8:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 BoloSpokoKolo

7a cost €399 so 7 could be anything from €499-€599

I want that beauty!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

try this one

http://www.androidcentral.com/oneplus-one-hands-and-first-impressions

Same company just different division of it

• Registered Users Posts: 4 BoloSpokoKolo

Friend of mine told me that to buy one plus one phone you need to be invited by someone who already has that phone, is that true or can u just order online?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Friend of mine told me that to buy one plus one phone you need to be invited by someone who already has that phone, is that true or can u just order online?
    Right now you get an invite from there website but because they only have a small production run at the moment the chances of getting one are slim.
    However in the future it should be much easier to obtain.
    They are opening up distribution networks in Europe so the invite system will be done away with soon IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 46 TransportCons

I'm looking at buying the Oppo Find 7a from the website OppoStyle Europe. Looks like a strong rival to the HTC One M8 and Galaxy S5 handsets. Has anyone any experience of using the phone in Ireland? Can anyone tell me with reasonable certainty that it would work on a billpay plan on the Three network in Ireland?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭rockal

I'm looking at buying the Oppo Find 7a from the website OppoStyle Europe. Looks like a strong rival to the HTC One M8 and Galaxy S5 handsets. Has anyone any experience of using the phone in Ireland? Can anyone tell me with reasonable certainty that it would work on a billpay plan on the Three network in Ireland?

Thanks

No problem working with Three, including 4g

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Checking LTE Compatiblity for the 7 International:
    Hutchison 3	 Ireland	1800	3	FDD

And 2100mhz HSDPA
    FDD-LTE Bands B1/3/7/20
    TD-LTE Band B40
    UMTS/HSDPA/HSUPA/HSPA+/HSPA+42 (850, 900, 1900, 2100MHz)
    GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900MHz)

So its fully compatible right?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Anyone have suggestions on the best places to purchase an Oppo?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Lucas Hood wrote: »

Have you (or anyone else) bought from them?

• Advertisement

Mines being prepped for dispatch from them at the moment.

ED E wrote: »
    Mines being prepped for dispatch from them at the moment.

Is it long since you ordered from them?

Where do they deliver from?

Last night. And supposedly its a UK fulfilment centre. Comes via Royal Mail or DHL, your choice, both free.

Last night. And supposedly its a UK fulfilment centre. Comes via Royal Mail or DHL, your choice, both free.

Be sure to let us know how you get on!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Are you moving away from Sonys ED? :D

I seem to remember you having a love of them from my Xperia S days!

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Are you moving away from Sonys ED? :D

I seem to remember you having a love of them from my Xperia S days!

Xperia S was a solid unit. I moved on after a year to a GS3 that I got free (new). Would have probably stayed with the S if the bootloader wasnt perma-locked.

Sony are still doing a decent job, like the hard corners and sleek black outers, but their dev team allow too many bugs through.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Xperia S was a solid unit. I moved on after a year to a GS3 that I got free (new). Would have probably stayed with the S if the bootloader wasnt perma-locked.

Sony are still doing a decent job, like the hard corners and sleek black outers, but their dev team allow too many bugs through.

Ah yes, I remember your BL was not able to be unlocked, tough break alright!

A pal in work just moved from the S to the X2 a couple of weeks back and he loves it. I have to admit, it looks nice.

I have a nexus 5 these days, but even that is small compared to the 5.5" Oppo screen, best of luck with it!

Day one with the oppo (or evening one):

Benches:
    iXQCAmkl.png

Battery:
    Dat fast charging. Handy in a jam no doubt.
    AWtTqhnl.png

Connectivity:
    For Regular use you wanna set LTE/GSM Auto(PRL). Unless the 4G is more than 1 bar it'll drop it even if that would be faster than 3 bars 3G. Would be nice to have an easy toggle to force 4G. Calls DO NOT work on 4G, but texts do.
    15zyzgcl.png
    Speeds, edge of cell
    n0xMNkPl.jpg
    Wifi 5Ghz AP, 3M. Faster than my ultrabook!
    1ZOv0N1l.jpg

Updates:
    S6fojn0l.png

Photos:
    Didnt get a chance to take anything that really shows it off. Will get them soon. Interested to try the Ultra HD 50Mp shot tomorrow, might try get a skyline shot of D1/D2.

Build is great. Feels very premium and solid. Packaging is nice, if you like that kinda thing. Reminded me of the old Xperia S a lot. Solid weight but not as heavy as Id have guessed considering its MASSIVE. Really is large, I'm over 6ft with large hands and its just about max size, wouldnt want to go bigger. Stock cover is nicer than it looked. The way it replaces the back works well. Leatherette back is similar to a GS, looks well.

Color os is understated and functional. CM11S is nice but Ive no real motivation to bother flashing it just yet, this seems pretty good stock. Ill sort out rooting though.

Included headphones are ok. Better than apple junk, little worse than Sonys included ones. Similar to samsung buds. Got some new earphones otw to replace em. Also got a Nillkin case as an alternative, but I dont think that will offer enough protection.

Speaker is better than average, but positioning makes it easy to cover with your hand. This is the big feature HTC win on with front facing loudspeakers.

UHD video is the dogs cajones. Tested using http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2297031/ which is available in 1440p (6.5GB). Pixel p0rn. Youtube app doesnt seem to support more than 1080p 30 on android just yet. Lets hope the update it soon to 1080 60 and 1440 30. 4G can manage it just fine.

Thats enough for starters. Ill add more later. Any questions or test you want done just ask and Ill give them a shot :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

Hey just wondering what you mean by calls don't work on 4G? Is it just coverage or a limit of the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Sully1890

Hey, I am thinking of buying the 7a from oppostyle.com and was wondering if it will work with meteor or will I have to switch to 3? Any help appreciated! Thanks!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Hey ED E, what colour did you get? any chance you could post a couple of photos of the back?

jacksie66 wrote: »
    Have you got the 7 or the 7a? How's the sound quality via headphones?

See above, already rated em.
    Sully1890 wrote: »
    Hey, I am thinking of buying the 7a from oppostyle.com and was wondering if it will work with meteor or will I have to switch to 3? Any help appreciated! Thanks!

As said works with all. Meteor have a load of lower frequency spectrum so it may perform better with them.

Hey ED E, what colour did you get? any chance you could post a couple of photos of the back?

They're on an SD card at home, ill fire some up tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Sorry to slightly derail the thread but I'm an Android noob.. Coming from a 5S, which is the better phone the Find 7 or the LG G3?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

They're on an SD card at home, ill fire some up tomorrow.

Thanks, I generally go for white when that's an option but i'm curious what the darker ones look like

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Sully1890

It will work on any network once it's unlocked.

Sweet thanks man! Now I just gotta sell my iPhone 5!

• Advertisement

I posted that on the 1+1 thread before we moved discussion over here. If any of the current owners could give their opinion that'd be great.

Initial impressions are good. Haven't shot moving targets but its almost as fast as my 600d for stationary stuff.

Advertisement