Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oppo Find 7

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Just OOC lads, regarding the student discount what is the verification process? I still have an in-date card but am no longer in college so if I send them a scan will they contact the university to see if I'm still on the system?
    mine was 3 years old ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭mcg1987

The phone arrived yesterday afternoon after being ordered on Monday. So far so good anyway. Just getting it all setup for herself here now. Well packaged when it arrived and lovely looking phone! Disappointed the only screen protection on it is the frosted cover that has phone in middle of it which i'll have to take off and order ones from the website likely. Need a protector and cover ASAP!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

mcg1987 wrote: »
    The phone arrived yesterday afternoon after being ordered on Monday. So far so good anyway. Just getting it all setup for herself here now. Well packaged when it arrived and lovely looking phone! Disappointed the only screen protection on it is the frosted cover that has phone in middle of it which i'll have to take off and order ones from the website likely. Need a protector and cover ASAP!

Are you sure? my one, which i'm returning, came with a screen protector applied.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 CathalK182

Are you sure? my one, which i'm returning, came with a screen protector applied.

Why are you returning it?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

CathalK182 wrote: »
    Why are you returning it?

Lower quarter of the screen is very yellow looking so I'm guessing it's a defect, it's not subtle either as I spotted it as soon as I opened the settings menu (which is a white colour), otherwise it's a really lovely phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭mcg1987

yeah i'm sure. the only one that was on it was a frosted kind of one with an outline of the phone in the middle of the screen which was too annoying to leave and wasn't showing the screen in all it's glory anyway ! Front camera is absolutely unbelievable i might add !

mcg1987 wrote: »
    yeah i'm sure. the only one that was on it was a frosted kind of one with an outline of the phone in the middle of the screen which was too annoying to leave and wasn't showing the screen in all it's glory anyway ! Front camera is absolutely unbelievable i might add !

Hmm, that's a bit odd...I wonder if my one was someone else's return? I guess there's no way of knowing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,909 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

No reply yet, hopefully it'll be painless, if not i'll point them in the direction of the distance selling regulations that apply in the EU and if that doesn't help it'll be off to paypal I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Lower quarter of the screen is very yellow looking so I'm guessing it's a defect, it's not subtle either as I spotted it as soon as I opened the settings menu (which is a white colour), otherwise it's a really lovely phone.

Did you get the 7a? Its a common issue with the A but not the qhd.

• Advertisement

ED E wrote: »
    Did you get the 7a? Its a common issue with the A but not the qhd.

That's the one, if it's a common issue I should have no trouble getting a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

That's the one, if it's a common issue I should have no trouble getting a refund.

See xda for a big thread on it

ED E wrote: »
    See xda for a big thread on it

this one? http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2767785

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

How are you finding the return process? I've had one reply in the past week, asking me to do a thousand things. :rolleyes:

Mine seems to have a major issue of yours, it's battery is getting extremely hot when even using for ten minutes, so much so you can feel the top of the screen is very hot.

What email did you contact?

Thanks man.

No reply yet, hopefully it'll be painless, if not i'll point them in the direction of the distance selling regulations that apply in the EU and if that doesn't help it'll be off to paypal I guess.

Hey pleasant I'm wondering what is your options with the phone as you mentioned EU distance selling. Can you just request a straight refund cause of the defect or are you after a replacement?

Hey pleasant I'm wondering what is your options with the phone as you mentioned EU distance selling. Can you just request a straight refund cause of the defect or are you after a replacement?

I'm seeking a refund as it's a defect, of that i'm 100% sure after ED E mentioned the xda thread on the matter so there should be no issue, if they insist on a replacement then I'll move to enforce the distance selling regulations which state that I have a 14 day cooling off period from the date I receive the goods in which I can return the goods without giving a reason, that option may cost me postage fees though.

That's what i'm thinking too, but they have absolutely no basis in the case of a defect where they can deduct postage.

• Advertisement

As can I, I'm sure if paypal see a few of us putting in claims all around the same time they'll see something is up.

Sent in my request few hours ago anyway. If they refuse to pay returns and try to keep postage I'll just go to PayPal not gonna spend possibly weeks arguing.

I was reading on the Oppo forums people where starting Paypal disputes just to get a response from them. Iirc I also read Oppo refused to deal with them unless the closed the Paypal dispute, which puts you in a tough position because afaik you can't reopen a dispute.

Could you not just request a PayPal refund if they try that? It seems very dodgy would be attaching that as evidence for PayPal if they tried that.

Posted this earlier but didn't go through it seems.

Anyway I'm not 100% sure but I think PayPal has an attachment option in a dispute where you can add screen shots and such. I'd be adding a shot of the email where they are demanding you close the dispute before they will deal with you.

I honestly can't see PayPal being too impressed at that carry on. Just say how you find it very odd carry on from a business and that by closing the dispute in order to meet their demands you leave yourself open to being fobbed off which you are not going to do.

Jesus they sound like such right bunch of chances.

Am on holiday at the moment, was using phone for about 20 minutes web browsing and it got very hot front and back. Left it down and just picked it up, half an hour later and still feels like it was sitting in the sun for an hour.

Back to my iPhone 4s when I get home tomorrow.

Got a reply this morning. It's basically along the lines of sorry it's not meeting your expectations, if you would like to go ahead with the return we will advice you on the process.

Hopefully it will go smoothly.

• Advertisement

Got a reply this morning. It's basically along the lines of sorry it's not meeting your expectations, if you would like to go ahead with the return we will advice you on the process.

Hopefully it will go smoothly.

Lucky you, i've not heard a word and I'm pretty sure I got in touch with them before you :pac:

Advertisement