Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oppo Find 7

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

I knew full well it wouldn't go smoothly with these lads, this was part of the reply

Note: As stated clearly in our Terms of Service, we will not reimburse you for the shipping cost to return the package and we will not refund the original shipping costs that has already been paid to ship the package to you.

So they send me a faulty device and they expect to make me pay to send it back along with the pleasure of not refunding delivery costs.

I wonder should I be going to paypal now?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,908 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I got a reply, same as you they want a photo of the phone, I reckon it'll be paypal all the way with these cowboys.

Actually forgot to add they also wanted pics of device and accessories as well, then they would send a return form.

Will see how ye get on I suppose.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭mcg1987

All good with the one I got anyway. Camera is brilliant and finally got the internet working after problem caused by ourselves not the phone and herself is over the moon with it. Quick charge is great too. We were at the Ulster final in Clones on Sunday and the phone never stopped from 9am with photos, videos and games and by time we got back at 11.30pm the charge was down to 25%...20 minutes on the charger before we were back out to the pub and it was back up at almost full charge!

I say the camera is brilliant but we've yet to figure out how to properly use it in every way..like it can be difficult to get the right lighting in the evenings etc but generally it's great. My one qualm with the phone so far is the screen brightness or rather the difficulty there is in seeing the screen when it's really sunny and bright outside! not usually a problem for us up here but this week is insanely hot and sunny so and it's definitely not as easy to see the screen as say an iPhone.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Is that a reply from oppo or paypal?

I'm after getting a response from oppo where they want a photo of the phone from all sides, all accessories, the original invoice and a still of the phones imei, this is in order to be sent a returns form!

Hmmm, I'll be standing my ground anyway as they've acknowledged that a batch of their devices was faulty. In the case of a fault they are obliged to cover postage regardless of what their policy/t&c say, based on the collective responses we've gotten it's clear they're going by scripted "what to do if customer says X"

• Advertisement

They were replying daily now that I emailed pics and info they requested their suddenly gone quiet.

They were replying daily now that I emailed pics and info they requested their suddenly gone quiet.

Same, was dreading their reply this morning but I got nothing. Their returns procedure is an embarrassment, they've it designed to deter you from returning your phone what with all the arbitrary hoops they want you to jump through. It's a bit nasty and not a company I want to support - harsh lesson to learn really.

@Captain Morgan, have you heard anything from paypal?

Be grand if we all got to escalate it around the same time given their carry on, would make a nice picture for Paypal ;)

Yeah def won't be buying from this crowd again, back to Apple and the i6 for me if I can get this sorted hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Sorry you lads had so much trouble, Im loving it.

Anyone tried it on .11AC yet? Posters on the forums say the 7A supports it, would be interesting to see the max throughput. Best I have to throw at it is 300Mbps 5Ghz N.

I've now got a form/return address and confirmation that the initial postage will not be deducted from my refund, I don't think they'll be covering the postage to send it back but it's been difficult enough getting to this stage so I won't be pursuing that.

I've now got a form/return address and confirmation that the initial postage will not be deducted from my refund, I don't think they'll be covering the postage to send it back but it's been difficult enough getting to this stage so I won't be pursuing that.

If I got that much I'd be happy at this stage.

If I got that much I'd be happy at this stage.

I hear ya, I was expecting to have to go the paypal route in all honesty.

Ah lads....
    mode".
    2. Send the device in the original package/box with all the original accessories.
    Please note that the accessories (excluded the ones included in the original device box) are not refundable unless sealed in their original package. Please advise if you wish to return some accessory together with the device.

The charge and adapter came in a seperate box, are they trying to say thu won't refund the charger now?

• Advertisement

I hear ya, I was expecting to have to go the paypal route in all honesty.

WHat did you say that they dropped keeping the postage?

Btw guys if I open a paypal dispute and escalate, does the phone have to be already sent back for paypal to be able to find in my favour? Or do they refund before you send it back?

Right called PayPal, they have said to not send them anything until I've got a dispute sorted and they have ruled as they will get the proper return address and the bit about having the original accessories in original packaging to be refunded is not something they'd expect a customer to have given the issue.

Gonna open the dispute later on, these cowboys are pushing it too far.

I escalated my dispute with PayPal today. Not sure how long these things take but I'd be much more confident of them getting it sorted than Oppo.

From earlier dispute escalations I've had anywhere from 2-5 working days.

I even said in my case I was willing to meet halfway and pay to return it to them but that's as far as I'll go, hopefully get this sorted soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

used mine for calls and the likes today, not a bother, havent put in the tesco apns in it yet but i will. its probably going to be handed to the wife anyways once my 1+1 arrives :D

WHat did you say that they dropped keeping the postage?

Btw guys if I open a paypal dispute and escalate, does the phone have to be already sent back for paypal to be able to find in my favour? Or do they refund before you send it back?

Hey, sorry I musta missed this earlier!
    I think all I said was that I didn't think it was fair to deduct postage as the unit was faulty (and acknowledged as such), I also mentioned that as the the initial postage was described as being "free" that it was again unfair to deduct it and that I didn't agree to it's deduction. I wasn't as friendly as I'd been in prior exchanges either, more to the point verging on being a dick - which I did feel bad about.

Opened the paypal dispute and got this yesterday:
    First, we are apologized that we sent you a wrong instruction of returning defective device.
    Don't worry, we will cover all shipping cost related and you don't have to pay for it.

Again, we are sorry for the inconvenience.

That got the fire under them ;)

They avoided my questions to clarify their earlier comments on deducting the accessories price off the refunded if they still weren't sealed in the original packaging.

So I've just escalated the dispute as their dodging more questions.

• Advertisement

Wtf Captain a police report? What have they to say in the fax like?

Ugh, hope I don't have to do the same.

Advertisement