Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oppo Find 7

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Three are doing it free for their PAYG custs until the end of this month. They havent announced what the pricing will be after that.

Currently:
    Top up by €20 ever 30 days
    AYCE Data (15GB FUP, may be throttled after that)
    Free texts any networks
    Free 3 to 3 calls
    3000 mins free weekend any network calls
    5000 mins of skype calls not counted against data
    And 20E to spend on out of bundle calls

Its a pretty great deal. I have €53 of unused credit right now as I dont make many calls (OH is 3 too).

And data ranges for decent to very good. Only downside is incompetent support staff.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

ED E wrote: »
    Three are doing it free for their PAYG custs until the end of this month. They havent announced what the pricing will be after that.

Currently:
    Top up by €20 ever 30 days
    AYCE Data (15GB FUP, may be throttled after that)
    Free texts any networks
    Free 3 to 3 calls
    3000 mins free weekend any network calls
    5000 mins of skype calls not counted against data
    And 20E to spend on out of bundle calls

Its a pretty great deal. I have €53 of unused credit right now as I dont make many calls (OH is 3 too).

And data ranges for decent to very good. Only downside is incompetent support staff.

Thanks for he info. The o/h is with 3 too. Only problem is there is NO 3 coverage in the house where we live but at least I can kind of get meteor signal to take a call then go outside. The data would mainly be for when around dublin. The skype minutes is interesting, never thought to use it in that way. She has had a pain in the ass with 3 and would like to move.

Hmmm decisions decisions.

How are you finding the oppo?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,665 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Also on the Three plan mentioned you can use the €20 to buy from the Play store which also means you can get the All Access to Play Music for free really as you are spending €10 you have already spent already.

dahat wrote: »
    Also on the Three plan mentioned you can use the €20 to buy from the Play store which also means you can get the All Access to Play Music for free really as you are spending €10 you have already spent already.

You can what? Whopper!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,665 ✭✭✭✭dahat

ED E wrote: »
    You can what? Whopper!

Yep....been doing so for 2/3,months, savage benefit in my eyes,saved me downloading or transferring music to my phone as you can sync your ITunes as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 CathalK182

Seriously considering the 7 or 7a. Could anyone who has the phone please give me a list of good and bad points about either and a recommendation on which one to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,909 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

8hRMC6us.png

yovBIaus.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭mcg1987

Just bit the bullet and ordered one half an hour ago ! Lets hope she can work it now ! needa look for a case and that for it...any recommendations?? And anyone with one want to tell me anything I should do/change when I get it??

• Advertisement

mcg1987 wrote: »
    Just bit the bullet and ordered one half an hour ago ! Lets hope she can work it now ! needa look for a case and that for it...any recommendations?? And anyone with one want to tell me anything I should do/change when I get it??

Let me know when you get it and what you think of it. I'm thinking of getting it. Are you getting 7 or 7a?

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭mcg1987

7 for €479

• Registered Users Posts: 5,448 ✭✭✭droidman123

just received mine this morning(find 7), so far I am delighted. just a small niggle, is there a way to clear the notifications in one click? I have to swipe them all away individually. I miss the the "clear" tab from my galaxy s3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

just received mine this morning(find 7), so far I am delighted. just a small niggle, is there a way to clear the notifications in one click? I have to swipe them all away individually. I miss the the "clear" tab from my galaxy s3.
    pull down the notifications, and there is a lil sweeping brush press that and it all goes away

I can't see any brush or any other way to clear all notifications lads.the only way I can do it is swipe them away individually.

Omg I am going blind...I just seen it when I checked to.see if the screenshot came out correctly here.

I can't see any brush or any other way to clear all notifications lads.the only way I can do it is swipe them away individually.

Omg I am going blind...I just seen it when I checked to.see if the screenshot came out correctly here.

How are you finding the phone? Good/bad points?

CathalK182 wrote: »
    How are you finding the phone? Good/bad points?

I haven't really seen any bad points to be honest.the screen is amazing and the sound quality is so much better than the sg3. I haven't tried the camera or video yet. I like the way oppo included a set of different themes in the phone.

I haven't really seen any bad points to be honest.the screen is amazing and the sound quality is so much better than the sg3. I haven't tried the camera or video yet. I like the way oppo included a set of different themes in the phone.

Thanks. Any chance you could keep me updated as you find out new things? I want to get the phone but I want to know everything first.

Nillkin arrived. Looks slick, insufficient protection. Wont be using it for now.

u1xmIf6l.jpg396S2Rrl.jpg
    JgbGyVAl.jpg

• Advertisement

Thanks. Any chance you could keep me updated as you find out new things? I want to get the phone but I want to know everything first.

The battery drains fast-ish because of the high quality screen,but it's no worse than my old gs3.the upside is that with the oppo software it charges really really quickly,much faster than any other phone I have had.

The battery drains fast-ish because of the high quality screen,but it's no worse than my old gs3.the upside is that with the oppo software it charges really really quickly,much faster than any other phone I have had.

So the vooc charging actually works. I wonder would the battery drain be less if I got the 7a with the 1080p display. Thanks for keeping in touch.

So the vooc charging actually works. I wonder would the battery drain be less if I got the 7a with the 1080p display. Thanks for keeping in touch.

Might be less of a drain on the 7a, it's not really an issue for me personally.unless you are watching movies.and or playing high intense games I don't think the battery drain would be a huge deal breaker.oh and yes the vooc charging is definitely not a gimmick,it.works.remains to be seen if it stands the test of time though.

Might be less of a drain on the 7a, it's not really an issue for me personally.unless you are watching movies.and or playing high intense games I don't think the battery drain would be a huge deal breaker.oh and yes the vooc charging is definitely not a gimmick,it.works.remains to be seen if it stands the test of time though.

I suppose if I was watching movies I would be at home so I could just plug it in anyway so it doesn't really make much of a difference to me as long as it stays going while I'm out somewhere. When you get the phone first can you just pop in the sim card and it will work?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

How are you finding the storage situation with them? Anyone reached the 3gb limit for apps?

Yeah it's a pain in the arse. I've requested a refund for that along with a few other issues I've had.

Back on my Nexus 5 now.

What other issues? Where can you get nexus five in Ireland?

Surprised you dont like it, I'm finding it excellent.

Moved a few apps out to the phone storage, back down to 1.7/3GB.

• Advertisement

Sounds like you got a lemon.

Advertisement