Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oppo Find 7

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

yeah started in heathrow. delighted with it, just throwing loads of stuff into it. theres a minion theme on it lol

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

They must all be on steroids in that fulfillment centre. Jaysus.

I was tempted by that theme xD

• Registered Users Posts: 18,909 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Keeping color until I find something I cant do and need to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

I have a student discount i won't be using. Unfortunately they're non transferable but if somebody wants either model with 10% off I'm happy to order it for them if they give me the monies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,448 ✭✭✭droidman123

Just ordered the find 7,the timing was unreal as my galaxy s3 packed up last night! I assume the find 7 takes a micro Sim card? Is there wireless charging on it?

you dont need wireless charging with the fast version charge :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

Has anyone had any problems with the call volume?

Using the latest firmware and can barely hear people. I've made sure the volume is up to the maximum.

No man no problems my end.

• Advertisement

I've only had one phone call since updating to the latest firmware earlier so I'll keep an eye on it over the next few days.

I do remember reading something about it but can't remember where.

No problems

Its a big phone so if you position it wrong its very quiet, slide it on your ear till you get the sweet spot.

Anyone got google music widget working on the lock screen?

Do you mean the media controls?

If so no I haven't managed to get it working. Even tried an Xposed module but no joy.

Yep, worked by default on my old gs3.

havent messed that much with it, i am still getting used to the gesture unlock :D

Widgetsoid was one of my favs from 2.3, got it set up but it seems to push commands to the native player not gmusic.

Edit: yes stock player is capturing all media commands. ****e.

Edit2: 4.3 supports disabling apps(needed root for that before, and TB), disabled the music apps from settings, now gMusic gets the control commands. :)

Try it Cpt Morgan ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,448 ✭✭✭droidman123

Just got an email from oppo...my order is being processed.hopefully it will be dispatched today and maybe I will have it by Monday or Tuesday.it feels weird being without a phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭mondeo

Just got an email from oppo...my order is being processed.hopefully it will be dispatched today and maybe I will have it by Monday or Tuesday.it feels weird being without a phone.

Not having a phone is like not having air to breath lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭mcg1987

Lads first time I've come across this thread...was really only using bargain alerts before!

But very, very intrigued by these phones!

Need to get herself an upgrade now and as she wants to move away from iphone I was gonna get her an s5 but now seeing this I might get this instead for her. She's mad into the taking photos craic and all but just thinking it may be too big is the only thing. Sure there's bound to be something she can complain about lol! :P

Anyway what's the craic with this student discount? anyone got any codes? what details do you need for it?

Someone just give me the final push I need to convinve myself (and herself) to go for this!

• Advertisement

@mcg1987

Student discount is linked to your account, or if you know any students you can get them to create an account and just give them the money or you can just buy it when they give you the details. need a valid student card, or photo id. i used mine from 2011 and explained i was doing a 4 year course and they let me have it. one student discount per item per person so even though i can get another student discount ill never be able to get it on that phone again :(

its a big phone alright and unless she is a small gf then she might not have a problem with it, get her to check out the s5 but just to be safe.
    feels good but I would make sure you get a case with it. just to be 100% certain.

its really smooth, fast for anything I have thrown at it, and video from google movies looks beautiful. I havent put my sim card in it yet though, as I am waiting on my case :( knowing my luck I would drop it first time I bring it out.
    Anyone that has seen it agrees it is a beautiful phone. battery life lasts a good deal, though I did find the sunshine a bit hard to see the screen earlier, with full brightness. I could be doing something wrong though my end.
    pictures are class, make sure you get a micro sd card I got a 64gb one for just over $35! if she is taking the ultra hd pics it wont be long filling that bad boy.
    I got the white one and even though its going in a case it looks amazing without it.

Has had their on screen display rotate into landscape mode and refuse to go back? It's happening in all my apps and web browser last while and I'm not moving the phone

"daytob wrote: »
    make sure you get a micro sd card I got a 64gb one for just over $35! if she is taking the ultra hd pics it wont be long filling that bad boy

Where did you order that SD card man?

mcg1987 wrote: »
    But very, very intrigued by these phones!

Need to get herself an upgrade now and as she wants to move away from iphone I was gonna get her an s5 but now seeing this I might get this instead for her. She's mad into the taking photos craic and all but just thinking it may be too big is the only thing. Sure there's bound to be something she can complain about lol! :P

Someone just give me the final push I need to convinve myself (and herself) to go for this!

I got one and the gf has been eyeing it up since. She's pretty short but isnt worried about using it. She cant use her current sony one handed so this makes no real difference. Nothing she wears ever has pockets either ( :rolleyes: ) so size in pocket isnt an issue. Mine is a tad bulky while cycling.

The camera has a skin softening mode that if she's the kind to take selfies she'll probably love.

Where did you order that SD card man?

Dunno about him but Ive always had a good experience from these guys over the last 3-4yrs http://www.mymemory.co.uk/Micro-SDHC

got it from amazon.com as we are heading to the states end of the month. sent to her mothers

http://www.mymemory.co.uk/Micro-SDXC/SanDisk/SanDisk-64GB-Mobile-Ultra-Micro-SD-%28SDXC%29-Card---Class-10-UHS-1-%2B-SD-Adapter
    heres one for €35

Cheers lads.

I see CM11 is out for the find 7 and 7a, tempting!

Link? and would it be easy? im ****ting ill brick it :(

Oppo case is waking the screen in my pocket when it shakes. Any option to disable it?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

Very interested in this phone. I'm currently rocking a nexus 4 and it's a great stock android experience. The screen however has gotten a little scratched, still perfectly usable but I'm feeling the market for a new device.

Is the jump up from the nexus 4 screen size going to annoy me? love the look of the quality of the screen and the various features of the color o/s.

Are there any carriers that do 4g with payg? I'm currently with meteor but looking at their site it looks like you have to go billpay to avail of 4g. The main reason i buy unlocked phones is not to get into contracts.

Advertisement