Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What type of people annoy you?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

The shadow warriors that stand right behind you in a queue. Hate them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Religious nuts who tell me I'm not saved.

That only happens in America never in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Dexter Bip

A mixed list

Middle class parents who think that homeopathy is a form of medicine and inflict this nonsense on their helpless kids,as an alternative to mainstream (I.e evidence based ) medicine and then preach about it as if they are saving their precious from the evils of the sinister pharma/medical profession which are in conspiracy against them
    Same for misguided people who don't vaccinate their children for similar reasons.

People who can't drive faster than 50 km/h on a good road or who won't move over. You wouldn't do it on the footpath so why on the road. Why are you driving if you are so bad at it?

Snobs. Academic people who speak with affected mid Atlantic accents to make up for their lack of social skills. Associated unjustified pomposity of same

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover54

Mothers who think their "little darlings" are so amazing that they must post **** up about the runt every day on FB, then don't even bother to try stop the child from screaming in public and you have to listen to their kid because "when your a parent you'll understand" Fook right off.

Auld wans with a sense of entitlement, they shouldn't have to pay for anything the government should pay everything for them ect, also that attitude because their old they are allowed be a rude ignorant wanker. Hate them!

Atheist who think they are more intelligent than people with religion and those who are religious are therefore ignorant and stupid. Likewise religious people who think their better people based on their faith, as if the fact you pray makes you better then someone who doesn't judged by your actions not your words imo.

People who bash those on the dole, Usually done by people in steady employment and a decent income, Newsflash most people don't want to be on the dole most wish to work and try very hard to do so, Very few of them are "benefit scroungers or cheats" Hate people who say crap like that.

Both sides of the Aboration debate neither can have a civil or fair debate without insulting the other, ie pro choice "your killing all the baby's" Anti Abortion "your a bigot small minded Catholic lunitic" a debate i've stayed firmly away from for those reasons.

People who are always negative about the country "the place is a ****hole" then they do **** all about it while many hard working people try to better the place either do something positive to change it or STFU.

If you're ever in Galway I'm buying you a pint, ok

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭stalebread

Those really mane people who every pound is a prisoner type

Snobs

People that call you up about an item for sale on donedeal and make a stupid offer of 1/4 of asking price grrrr then wonder why you hang up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭jigglypuffstuff

women who ear too much makeup or fake tan..oompa loompas everywhere!!

men who wear v necks showing more cleavage than the women in the room

Anyone who watches or talks about jersey or geordie shore...or any form of reality tv for that matter

People who state when their children are misbehaved/obese/ little annoying pain in the ass becayse ''thats just the way they are '' false thats just the way you made them, they had nothing to do with it!

women and men who glorify this one night stand crap that seems to be the majority of the dating scene here

Cowards who run away from their problems

And most of all....people who curl in the squat rack...theres a special place in hell for you!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭stalebread

Forgot one other type

The breathing people type

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

- Anyone who says things like "if it wasn't for you I don't know what I'd do" in a way that it's more a threat than a compliment.

- That kind of flatmate who complains about dishes not being clean, noise, etc in spite of being generally by far the biggest culprit (I'm actually pretty anal about cleaning things up immediately, but people tend to blame me cos I look like a slob no matter what I do, gotta be genetic or summat).

- Extended family members, all of them, asides from the ones I never hear of. The legion of bachelors and spinsters who have nothing better to do with their time but speculate on what everyone else is at being among the worst.

- That new wave of self righteous religious types who seem to have popped up in recent years with a strong bible belt influence to them.

- The surprisingly large number of people who voted for Dana in my home area at the last presidential election

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

The kind that breathe.

Sam Kade wrote: »
    That only happens in America never in Ireland.
    My brother got told that repeatedly on a bus to Croagh Patrick last week by a few people from Cork who were going there to protest against abortion at the bottom of Croagh Patrick, the huge hotbed for abortion that it is.

Check out the Burke family from Mayo and their antics in NUIG too. A fair few of the more nutty Irish Catholics have completely jumped into crazy land in the last decade or so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Dramatik

People who've recently got married and now think they've completed the world. **** off, I hope your marrage goes to ****!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

"Hi, can I get a super sized Big Mac meal with a diet coke and a skinny latte please"

Oh, you must be on a diet...

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭saucyleopard

People who you burst your Bo****ks helping and a genuine thank you is beyond them. After all they're helping you feel good by helping them so why should they thank you for making you happy?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

People who have surrendered all forms of dignity and self respect such as the young lady vomiting on the wall of Smiles Dental on O'Connell St yesterday at 18.30

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 22 Coolsteam

Women on dating sites with pictures of themselves with either a fake moustache, jumping in the air or amongst a crowd of people. They think they're in a where's wally book.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

People who come to you and ask for help or instruction, and when you oblige, proceed to talk over you every time you open your mouth and bugle their opinions and views on the subject matter. This does drive me quite properly apeshít. This has happened a few times and my reaction has varied between barking "Right, just piss off!" and duct-taping them to a chair and gagging them and explaining "Now, here's how this works: I'm going to talk, you're going to listen, and afterwards when I remove your gag you will say Hooyah, Instructor Goose!!". :pac:

People who you burst your Bo****ks helping and a genuine thank you is beyond them. After all they're helping you feel good by helping them so why should they thank you for making you happy?
    Back when I worked in a supermarket, I'd be asked to carry out bags quite a bit. I'd have to go back a bit to return the trolley and go back to the person with their euro so there's a sort of awkward part when I'd get to their car where it felt like a tip should be in the form of not taking the euro back.
    I had no problem with the ones who took it generally but there were a few who would berate me the whole way over how I was going to try and keep their money, their euro, and how I was being paid enough as it was. Really impressively rotten cheapskates.
    Then there were the ones who took back the euro and gave a tip in the form of advice instead. "Now, I could give let you keep that but I'm going to give you a word of advice instead, you should go back to school"

Another one, I hate the kind of people who treat people working in shops and whatnot as if they're beneath them. There were a few customers who knew my family but didn't realise/know who me when I was when I was working there, got to see a totally different side of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭RoadhouseBlues

zcorpian88 wrote: »
    I'd feel inclined to deck a guy that said that to me. I will in my fook, line concerns pockets and pay for some douchebags bonus because some twat on the street guilt tripped me over having a nice looking school bag or was drinking a can of pepsi.

Neck like a jockey's bollocks whoever said that to you mate.

I walked by one of those Concern feckers one day and he shouted after me "I bet you can afford a pint tonight though". I didn't go back but I promised myself if any of the charity collectors ever mouth off like that again, I will try my best to put them through the nearest shop window. And good enough for them.

I walked by one of those Concern feckers one day and he shouted after me "I bet you can afford a pint tonight though". I didn't go back but I promised myself if any of the charity collectors ever mouth off like that again, I will try my best to put them through the nearest shop window. And good enough for them.

I just completely ignore all those characters. I haven't been accosted yet, but if I am I will simply say "if you don't back off NOW I will call the Gardaí."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭nc19

Just sitting in college, thinking about it.

What annoys me is people who snigger when you ask the lecturer a question... The lecturer encourages people to ask questions... Cue sniggering which in turn, stops me from continuing my question, just because I don't understand it. Vicious circle. :mad: :mad:

What's your annoyance about other people?

Stupid people annoy me.

I can take rude, abusive, curt, racist and sarcastic but put a stupid person in front of me and I cant cope.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Any key?

People who use the word "literally" but don't literally mean literally.....It has its place people.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭nc19

stalebread wrote: »
    Those really mane people who every pound is a prisoner type

Genuinely dont understand this sentence. Please explain

• Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Any key? wrote: »
    People who use the word "literally" but don't literally mean literally.....It has its place people.

I lamented this one a few months back, and was quickly informed that they've apparently changed the definition of the term 'literally' so that it is now accepted to also mean 'figuratively' because of popular usage. What the f***ing f**k?!

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Any key?

dee_mc wrote: »
    I lamented this one a few months back, and was quickly informed that they've apparently changed the definition of the term 'literally' so that it is now accepted to also mean 'figuratively' because of popular usage. What the f***ing f**k?!

The mind boggles!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Any key? wrote: »
    The mind boggles!

Literally?

:pac:

nc19 wrote: »
    Genuinely dont understand this sentence. Please explain

He's talking about a fella who can peel an orange in his pocket. :D

jimgoose wrote: »
    I just completely ignore all those characters. I haven't been accosted yet, but if I am I will simply say "if you don't back off NOW I will call the Gardaí."

Yeah but if you said that I'm sure they would have something else smart to say. I know what you mean though. Its not worth losing the temper over them. Its just the nerve of the feckers though. Arghhhhhhhhhh:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭catonthewire

Bloody self righteous hypocrites....
    Who make judgements on other people, dismiss them before taking the time to gather facts.....

People who think there is something wrong with you because you are not into the GAA.

People who look down on you because you are not into the GAA.

People who develop some weird accent after a few drinks.

Ignorant c*nts who are not happy unless they are bullying or annoying someone on a night out. For some reason its hilarious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

jimgoose wrote: »
    He's talking about a fella who can peel an orange in his pocket. :D

while wearing boxing gloves.....:D

Advertisement