Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What type of people annoy you?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Adults who press the button at traffic lights they walk past, not intending to cross there.
    I've seen this twice in the last week at the same spot. What's wrong with them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭homeless student

chopper6 wrote: »
    Students...braindead,entitled idiots...the learn nonsense in college and go around thinking they're superior forms of life.

Workshy bastards too....especially Postgrads..they want to spend thier entire lives studying Feminism amd Film Theory.

people who never went to college bitching about students, usually that they are lazy and stupid just because you have a chip on yoiur shoulder that you are too thick to go to college then spout off some nonsense that you went to the university of life:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

People who refuse to buy tissues and back-sniff. Blow your bloody nose!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭burnhardlanger

whirlpool wrote: »
    Yes! People who are so arrogant that they believe that it is genuinely more important that we all hear their obnoxious judgemental thoughts than it is to avoid hurting someone's feelings. The "I tell it like it is" crowd. They're not "telling it like it is," they're just so desperate for attention that they'll happily hurt someone's feelings to get it (because their opinion is just that important.)

I call them Life Pundits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭c68zapdsm5i1ru

People who judge others by the car they drive, labels they wear, places they go on holidays etc. and are constantly trying to frantically keep up with the Jones's because they haven't got an original thought or ounce of creativity in their bones.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭JumpShivers

People at buffets.

Only go up to the food if you're intending to put food onto your plate, not to talk to your friend and get in the way of the people who do want food.

:mad: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Linoge wrote: »
    If this is water cooler stuff (and not friends and family) I'm on the reverse side of this. I hate all the shtty chit chat that you need to go through when making a cup of tea/getting water. If the answer is that you actually did something interesting, too right you should talk about it!

"Get up to much for the weekend?"
    "Went out for a drink after work on Friday and ended up flying to Sochi to watch the Olympics. But enough about me, what did you get up to?"
    "Oh, not much. Went to the gym on Saturday."

It's only a bounce to see if someone has any fun/exciting/non dead end to talk about. I didn't think most people gave a flying fck if you went to your wife's mothers house for a lovely roast on Sunday.

No, I'm referring to people you know well. My ghastly sister-in-law is a case in point. She is so self obsessed she really doesn't have room in her head for other people. So she will ask you how you are but not actually listen to your answer, you can see her mind ticking over until she can then steer the conversation solely around to her and her problems while blithely ignoring that good conversation means talking AND listening. People like this are just insufferable bores to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

The "I'm just being real me" and "I just tell it like it is" types. In other words, dick heads who think they can say what they want to people and then act like it's your problem for getting annoyed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Slaygal

Rude people really annoy me.
    I have the misfortune to have to deal with a rude arrogant bore of a sales rep.
    They way he goes on you'd swear he owned the company instead of an employee like everyone else. He shouts down the phone at me and on more than one occasion I've hung up on but pretended his mobile signal went.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭jiminho

Woman who go fumbling in their handbag for their purse after I've packed their bags and informed them how much their purchase has come to - Were they not expecting to pay? Did they not have an idea of how much it was going to come to? - Generally middle aged woman and it's always when there's a queue.

Gym people in general. I probably look like a twat too to someone but I find the stuff people get up to in the gym hilarious - Like guys getting dressed backwards in the changing room. They'll put their hair gel on, then put their socks on followed by shirt and tie and then for some reason decide to make a phonecall. I'd like to know what's going thru their head.

Arts students and more specifically political scientist students (if it is a real course) - Back when the Lisbon Treaty was the topic of discussion I got stopped by one of these guys and he asked me are your voting 'yes' or 'no' and then he went on a spiel about how you have to vote yes as everyone else is. As a joke (and foolishly) I replied 'no'. The f**ker follows me thru college all the way to my class trying to convince be otherwise and I did yes almost immediately after i said no but he said he didn't believe me. I'm not sure if it was because my department was close to theirs but I always seemed to get stopped for questionnaires by them. I apologise, I don't want to answer your pointless q&a about how it's my right to vote.

Concern workers - For the most part I don't have a problem with them but there's been one or two who have really set me off. Some of the comments I've got have been like "You can't spare a few euro. Pfft", "You can afford that nice school bag tho" and by the same guy "Your drinking Pepsi tho?". Not sure what that meant because the Pepsi only cost be a euro.

Luas travellers - I've seen scumbags wipe their muddy shoes on the seats, men and woman who put their bag on the seat beside them on a jam packed Luas (this particularly annoys me when an elderly person is looking for a seat) and people (generally women) who shout at the top of their lungs to "move to the back" during the early morning rush. Sometimes there is genuinely no room.

And last but not least, the Government - Under educated assholes who think that being able to teach to a class of 5 year olds puts them in a prime position to manage the country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,068 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

People who are all smiles to your face, but cut you in pieces when back turned.

I have more respect for people being up straight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

Spoiled annoyingly optimistic obnoxious south Dublin students, the amount I have come across in the last few years. A lot of them just make my head hurt.

Young people that live on dole/rent allowance with no intention of getting themselves off it, plenty of them out there and they live better than most people that are slaving away in their jobs. If I have to live at home into my 20's so should all these leeching misfits! No young person should be entitled to a discounted roof over their head. Fair enough if they had been working and fell on hard times, or they are a graduate and in some sort of job or internship.

Secondary School Student queue jumpers, little ****!

Skangers

People that post shyte on Facebook like pictures of Bugs Bunny with a caption on it "I'm actually a nice person, until you piss me off" These people don't belong on social networks!

Atheists, most are annoying self righteous smug douches, I'm not into religion either, but most of these f**kers I've come across just love the sound of their own voice when waffling about being one.

Garth Brooks fans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

Nosy people annoy me, only answer is feed them with lies.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,718 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Moral crusaders.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

People who say "come here to me young wan, you know know about this" - just because I am under the age of thirty doesnt mean I know how to opperate every new piece of technology or I am able to fix a computer!

Patronising people. the ones who give you that sad look when you are about to start a task (that you are perfectly capable of completing might I add) - the look that is like "Awh crater, will you be able to manage?" - hate that. I have been doing this job just as long as you, I can manage!

Rude people. would it kill ya to say please and thank you!? Or if someone says "excuse me", please move out of the way. the students on Parnell square EVERY DAY clogging up the footpath, and no matter how many times you say "excuse me" or "sorry can I pass" they will not move. I hate that.

People who treat their children like princes and princesses, giving them EVERYTHING they want. How will they ever learn the value of anything if they are given everything on demand. They will grow up expecting everything to be handed to them without ever having to earn it. this is just wrong.

and finally (I promise I'm nearly finished) - The Selfies. I cannot stand these people. Taking a selfie when you're by yourself at the Eiffle Tower, grand. but posting pics of your self up on FB every 5 minutes! Like come on! No body cares if you have changed your outfit 20 times in the last hour and you think you'll get a hundred likes if you pose sexy.

I think that's all.

oh wait, I also hate hypocrites. People who say things like "Im not a racist but...." and then give out about all the "foreigners".

sorry for the long post.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

False people that are too sweet. They're always nasty fcukers underneath.

No one really annoys me, cannot understand young lads that walk around the streets with their hands down their pants.

What's that all about??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

bubblypop wrote: »
    No one really annoys me, cannot understand young lads that walk around the streets with their hands down their pants.

What's that all about??

They are checking to see if their stones have dropped.

zcorpian88 wrote: »

Garth Brooks fans

Actually, I take it back, I hate these f# ckers!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

pragmatic1 wrote: »
    False people that are too sweet. They're always nasty fcukers underneath.

A smile with daggers for teeth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

jiminho wrote: »
    Concern workers - For the most part I don't have a problem with them but there's been one or two who have really set me off. Some of the comments I've got have been like "You can't spare a few euro. Pfft", "You can afford that nice school bag tho" and by the same guy "Your drinking Pepsi tho?". Not sure what that meant because the Pepsi only cost be a euro.

I'd feel inclined to deck a guy that said that to me. I will in my fook, line concerns pockets and pay for some douchebags bonus because some twat on the street guilt tripped me over having a nice looking school bag or was drinking a can of pepsi.

Neck like a jockey's bollocks whoever said that to you mate.

cashiers who put your change on the counter when you have your hand out for your change.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 WhitePhantom

People who automatically say "What?" when you say something, without thinking about whether they've actually heard you or not. I now just look at them in silence and wait for their brain to process what I said. If they genuinely didn't hear me they'll say "what?" again, but 95% of the time they did hear, and are able to continue the conversation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭131spanner

The dude I gave the loan of a fiver when he had no money for lunch, he said I'd get it back tomorrow etc etc. Met him on a night out about a week later and he said come on we'll head for the bar. I thought grand, I'll get the value of my €5 back. Got there and he taps his pockets going "have you any dosh, man?" Needless to say I've given up on getting my €5 back at this stage.

131spanner wrote: »
    The dude I gave the loan of a fiver when he had no money for lunch, he said I'd get it back tomorrow etc etc. Met him on a night out about a week later and he said come on we'll head for the bar. I thought grand, I'll get the value of my €5 back. Got there and he taps his pockets going "have you any dosh, man?" Needless to say I've given up on getting my €5 back at this stage.

if you think you have problems, what about the thread yesterday about the guy who lent 2,000 to his work colleague and 6 months later still hasnt been paid back a penny, its only 5 euro, you wouldnt bend down to pick that up off the street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭FollatonWood

RichFTW wrote: »
    People who misuse the word literally.

Considering I'm a grammar nazi at the best of times, I'll have to give you that one. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Bacon and Cabbage

People who sit on the outside seat on a bus or else sit on the inside seat and put all their **** up on the outside one

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Sneaky people
    Selfish people
    Users
    Drama queens
    People who make plans and then cancel at the last minute.
    People who try to shove their opinion down your throat and won't let you get a word in.
    Loud people on public transport.
    People who take up the whole pavement by hovering slowly in front of you.
    People who treat their facebook friends like their own personal fan club.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

"Unaware" people - You know the ones , They walk around utterly unaware of their surroundings .
    Come to a dead stop in the middle of the pavement/shop walkway without knowing what's going on around them.
    At Airports , they're the ones that get to the security checkpoint and only then notice that they have to empty pockets/take off shoes etc.

Drives me mental - Pay ****ing attention!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭131spanner

its only 5 euro, you wouldnt bend down to pick that up off the street.

Actually, I probably would tbh.

Advertisement