Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What type of people annoy you?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭fozz10

anyone on facebook really

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

People that whine about having no money or not enough money, when they spend hundreds every month on ridiculous stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Aphex wrote: »
    Young lads who walk around in broad daylight with one hand down their tracksuit bottoms as if holding on to their dicks. What the actual fcuk?!

It's just the effect you have on me ok :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

fozz10 wrote: »
    anyone on facebook really

Yeah I don't use it at all. It's all a bit "look at me"

I can't fathom why people put their whole lives online.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Temaz wrote: »

I can't fathom why people put their whole lives online.

Most of them don't have much of a life and so like to think of themselves as some kind of online celebrity. Twitter can be even worse for this however - many use that as another Facebook and write tweets as if they're famous lol..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

fr336 wrote: »
    Most of them don't have much of a life and so like to think of themselves as some kind of online celebrity. .

Agreed. Celebrity culture seems to have taken over a lot of younger people's way of thinking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

people who take hours, if not days to text back. Go fuk yerselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

Yeah this really phiss me off, have a mate exactly like that, nice lad but dire for responding to texts i texted him asking about results for some exams we had he text me bag over a week later. Funny thing is he responds normally on FB but text him and you won't be hearing for a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Mature students in college who try to give me advice because I'm younger than them... or anyone older than me who thinks they're bottomless pots of wisdom just because they're 10-15 years older than me.

Or people who misuse government grant money/ dole money/ whatever. People in college bragging about how they bought a playstation 4 with their grant. Or the people who get a grant and don't even come into college.. then complain when they have to do repeat exams. **** you **** you **** you **** you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭pauliebdub

People who try to make themselves look better by belittleing other people and putting them down, ive worked with a few people like this and they are toxic to be around. it's surprisingly common and comes from jealousy i think.

Examples

Say i visited Barcelona and stayed in lovely hotel.........they will know someone who owns a villa there and can stay for free.
    Bought a new car, a VW Golf or something.......they are thinking of buying an audi or knows someone who just bought one.
    Brought a home made carrot cake to work.......they will know someone who owns an artisan cake shop where they make really elaborate carrot cakes.
    Pass your accountancy exams......they will know someone who came first in the country in one of the modules.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭LoveLamps

People who only give out and say what people shouldn't do!

For fcuk sake you'd swear they were perfect! B*tches

They always have something to give out about.

Unfortunately this is somewhat the Irish way! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭Degringola

pauliebdub wrote: »
    People who try to make themselves look better by belittleing other people and putting them down, ive worked with a few people like this and they are toxic to be around. it's surprisingly common and comes from jealousy i think.

Examples

Say i visited Barcelona and stayed in lovely hotel.........they will know someone who owns a villa there and can stay for free.
    Bought a new car, a VW Golf or something.......they are thinking of buying an audi or knows someone who just bought one.
    Brought a home made carrot cake to work.......they will know someone who owns an artisan cake shop where they make really elaborate carrot cakes.
    Pass your accountancy exams......they will know someone who came first in the country in one of the modules.

Totally agree. Know several people like that. Far too many of them around. They will always try to top your story.
    I've decided that the best response is 'Good for you/him/her'. Subtly gets the message across!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Gokei

People who report reposts in ylyl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭JumpShivers

Ignorant neighbours who park across your driveway. Granted, no one in my house drives..... But for the times when we do have guests over. :rolleyes:

That one time when they parked across our driveway, when there was someone actually parked in it! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭lavinia hathaway

Or people who never answer their phones so you leave a detailed voicemail and they finally text back "ok".

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭thimble

Stingy people.
    If you can't afford something then fine - don't go to the fancy restaurant, stay away from the expensive shops. Plenty of us have to think twice about what we spend money on these days. But don't try to freeload off others. And if you do have the money and still try to freeload, that's even worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

People (specifically young men) spitting on the ground every where they go. Why?!?!?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

anybody who I see when I'm sitting on the bus and realise they are getting on that makes me go 'oh here s/he comes....Here we go again'.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

people who patronise old folk. it has started happening to me lately..

you're boarding a bus at the bus stop with nobody else there. Then just after you board this knob sprints up to the bus door. The door might have closed hut then the driver opens it. Then the guy wants the bus to wait until his Mates come. Typically another three or four of them. Then the bus stays until they all pay.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Bafucin

pauliebdub wrote: »

Bitterness and insecurity. They usually pick on people way to nice to tell them to F off as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Pinkmoon19

People who say "I'm a really honest person" and they are brutally bitchy, even when you don't know them that well.

People in work who think they are still in school, and have stupid code words and phrases.............they seriously do, and these are people in their 30s. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

People who repeat themselves.

People who repeat themselves...

People who repeat themselves..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Wazdakka wrote: »
    People who repeat themselves..

People who what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

People you bump into by accident who don't say 'sorry' even though you've said 'sorry' and it's really as much their fault as yours.
    So now it looks like it's all your fault because you're the only one who's apologised.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Pinkmoon19

Actually another thing that really annoys me are people who feel they are owed a living. I was watching a TV3 show last night about shoplifters and they literally thought they were completely justified in going into shops and robbing things daily, because they didn't get enough dole. Get a F@#%ing job!!!

Anyone who justifies something which is proved WRONG afterwards by saying "Can't you see I was drunk /stoned out of my mind. " YOU chose to abuse the substance.

• Advertisement

Also... People who repeat themselves.

Advertisement