Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What type of people annoy you?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

those late teens that think it's actually cool to put 1 hand down the front of your grey Lonsdale tracksuit ends,i really want to just beat them up for doing that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

The volume that teenage girls laugh and talk at. Hurts the ears from a distance, cant imagine what it must be like to be part of the group and be standing in close proximity.

Related to that, people who laugh really loudly. Not just a normal laugh, thats ok. But the really loud, spontaneous guffaws that some people (especially guys) do. Are they looking for attention or what? And again I wonder, what is it like for people standing right beside them??

There's a guy in my class who does this. He's not quick enough to get most jokes, so he will laugh like this to make everyone thinks he's got it. But that half second delay gives him away every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Mint Aero wrote: »
    People that think their opinions/stuff/life are important and either bore you with their lives or complain about stuff thinking you give 2 sh*ts.

People who have seriously sad mundane boring lives for their age, yet if you do some housework, you hear "huh are you that bored?" Strange f*ckers in this world.

English twats constantly asking "you awight" "any plans for the weekend" "how was your day" over and over, f*cking freaks.

People who are never single, saps.

Saps that only ever talk about their jobs. F*cking last thing I want to chat about.

Bit harsh!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

People that talk really derogatorily about their kids in front of them, when they are well able to understand the gist of what they're saying. Referring to your daughter as "a little b1tch", or son as a "bollox" in front of them, and not at all in an endearing way.
    People that have some sort of fetish for fresh bedsheets. Plenty of em visible on the trivial things that make you happy thread. I change mine once every 6 months. Must be some stinky weirdo if you need to change them every 2 weeks.

Tell me you're joking. The average person sweats out 1/2 a litre at night, right into your pj's & sheets.

People talking about the weather. Wtf? I cant believe this is still going on. Its IRELAND. It's codl and wet and windy. You've lived here long enough to know this is the norm. Why are you still fuucking surprised when we get Irish weather in Ireland. Every fuucking plonker walking past me feels its their duty to tell me "oh it looks like rain" , "gosh its cold out". I know. I. Fuucking. Know.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

Young wans/fellas who act like auld wans/fellas.

You're young wans/fellas! Act like it!

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Simon Adebisi

People who are always late. Always.

Even if you turn up late to get your own back they turn up later.

So feckin ignorant. Like their time is more important than yours.

People who are always late. Always.

Even if you turn up late to get your own back they turn up later.

So feckin ignorant. Like their time is more important than yours.

:D:D

People (women actually) who say "oh hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii" in this grandiose accent when you answer the phone. What is that? Are they stalling for time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

Schwiiing wrote: »
    I like Whale songs. It sounds like Cork people falling down a well.

Ha! I'm going to use that one!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 826 ✭✭✭geeksauce

Stupid ignorant people unaware of their surroundings, the ones with no awareness of how to behave socially.

For example I was at a seminar yesterday about 50 people at it and when on a break we all went to a little canteen in the building and sat with the people we knew there. There was one man in the middle of the room that was so loud when talking and laughing that me and the person opposite me were having to shout at one another just to have a conversation. The people at the table with your man were clearly mortified by it.

It was like he was a big dumb country yokel who got so excited at being at the seminar like the seminar was the highlight of his weekend that he couldn't contain himself, just wanted to stand up and shout at him to shut the fcuk up and p1ss off back to his bedroom to play with himself.

Lunchtime at the same seminar this one lady walks into the shop where about 25 - 30 of us were all going into to get lunch and stops smack bang in the doorway meaning everyone has to squeeze past her while she just stands there looking around trying to decide where to go next. It's Centra FFS not that hard to go to the deli counter you fcukwit.

Anyway she turns around after getting in everyone's way and walks out, stands out at the side of the road looking left and right for somewhere else to go, see's there is nowhere (obvious if she had looked around on the way to the shop), walks back into the shop and stands in the doorway again and exclaims 'oh jesus look at the size of the queue'. Course there is a queue you fcuking idiot remember all the people that you impeded on the way into the shop what do you think they were doing going in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Rasheed wrote: »
    Ha! I'm going to use that one!
    I spat tea onto my keyboard laughing at that! :D The mental image alone... Christ, I'm crying here! XD

Back on topic: The price of hearing aid batteries in pharmacies. In Bonovox and DeafHear, you'd usually get a 6 pack of Duracells for €2.50 which is quite reasonable and normally I stock up whenever I'm near the above mentioned establishments but sometimes it's not possible and I have to buy my batteries from the local pharmacy which charges anything from and above €7-8 for a pack! :eek:
    I normally get about 3 weeks out of a pack but it's a small expense that quickly adds up. Madness.

Also would like to add: People who don't clean up after their dog shoites on the path. The North Circular Road is particularly bad. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭aaronosiochain

People that eat their lunch too loud as a result of trying to eat it as fast as possible.

Drivers that no nothing about the rules of the road.

Anyone that wears sunglasses indoors.

The one that always walks into a pub with you and declares that they need to go to an atm...loike..seriously!

I have many more but they'll do for now

Guy in my class a while back, clearly didnt have a chance to eat before he came in. Spent half an hour munching his way through a stinky tuna and onion sandwich. He then moved on to chomping on an apple. There is something about the sound of someone biting an apple that really grates on me. Then he proceeded to peel and eat a banana. All the while clearing his throat really loudly and blowing his nose into a hankie. I wanted to kill him (and still do). The sounds and smells out of him in that close proximity were maddening.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Pretty much anyone who does not hate the same things as me. But I really despise smelly fcukers. Not the sort who has a bit of a hum/BO about them after toiling in a field all day, or down a mine. But the sort who wear shirt/blouse A to work on Monday, Blouse/shirt B on Tuesday, and shirt/blouse A is back on Wed, without washing (this is a minimum as some wear them two days, then switch) and you have this cross between manky Lynx and three day sweat/BO...............and this is just the top half!! And then when they leave the room, and someone else comes in, sniffs the air and shoots you a look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭funtime93

Lads who are like "Irish and proud", "**** the queen",etc yet they support English football teams and cant speak a word of Irish or sing our national anthem.

People who don't say thanks when you hold a door for them.

People who swear for no reason at all but to look cool.

Hoards of youngsters who pile onto public transport and think its acceptable to shout the place down.

People who judge you without having ever spoken to you.

People with roughly 2000 friends on facebook but have only ever met about 200 of them.

And one that really bugs me is people who constantly press the button at a pedestrian crossing.Once is enough,smashing your fist into it 20 times won't make the green man appear any sooner.Impatient twats.

Wow that felt good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

People that have some sort of fetish for fresh bedsheets. Plenty of em visible on the trivial things that make you happy thread. I change mine once every 6 months. Must be some stinky weirdo if you need to change them every 2 weeks.

The golden rule is, when you drop your sheets on the ground, if they break, it's time to change:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    People (women actually) who say "oh hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii" in this grandiose accent when you answer the phone. What is that?
    people who use words like that^.ye brainy fecker

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

Nosey people that always have to ask (first question upon meeting them on a night out) "What do you do?" with this smug but eager look on their face.

Usually asked by the odd successful masters degree wanker so they can mouth off to any of their buddies and gain some toffee nosed gratification from it.

people who use words like that^.ye brainy fecker
    Grandiose is a big word now? Have the linguistic standards dropped? :pac:

• Advertisement

Grandiose is a big word now? Have the linguistic standards dropped? :pac:

Read the comments on facebook after any post and you will see there are no standards anymore.

eg. read d comments on fbook after ne post n u wil c der r no standards nemore

geeksauce wrote: »
    Read the comments on facebook after any post and you will see there are no standards anymore.

eg. read d comments on fbook after ne post n u wil c der r no standards nemore

"loving this" - :mad::mad: I actually want to beat the head off people who write this on social networks. Also irritating in this regard is "respect" - tf? On its own, as s standalone? Why? Why-eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee?? :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

This is one of these threads where each poster should be obliged to agree to a poll about how likely they are to annoy the other posters in the thread.

Before you ask, PROUD to be somebody who would annoy you, as a AH poster :D

"loving this" - :mad::mad: I actually want to beat the head off people who write this on social networks. Also irritating in this regard is "respect" - tf? On its own, as s standalone? Why? Why-eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee?? :mad:

It makes my blood boil when I read a post like that, if I had an anonymous profile on Facebook the abuse would rain down.

Fb talk reminds me. I've a relative who has a toddler, another sprog on the way soon. I have posted before about her incessant posting about baby yoga and sign language and photos of colostrum (I wish I was joking). Anyway she has now jumped on the breast feeding bandwagon. I know there are still some people who dont agree with nursing in public or in restaurants and to them I say fuuck off, of course, but really. Do we have to see La Leche posts every time we log onto fb? Pictures of cows nursing in fields with "see, animals feed in public" or smarty pants cartoons asking if you would eat your lunch in the bathroom etc. Ok I get it - you breastfeed and you want to be able to do it in public without dirty looks and we all support you in that endeavour but I want to be able to log onto fb in the evening without seeing photos of gicky yellow colostrum and stupid smart ars* comments about eating lunch in the toilet. Breastfeeding GOOD. Not liking breastfeeding in public BAD. We geeeeeeeeeeeeeet it. Now can we move on please.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

with "see, animals feed in public"

Uh, I guess we should shut down restaurants and stuff so

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Camp ones.

This doesn't mean gay people before someone inevitably gets on their high horse. It means people who really should know better, who act like attention seeking teenage girls.

Also attention seeking teenage girls annoy me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

People who send me sanctimonius pm's when I disagree with their posts and others then disagree with them. Just post a response on the thread and allow others to express their opinions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

People who automatically say "What?" when you say something, without thinking about whether they've actually heard you or not. I now just look at them in silence and wait for their brain to process what I said. If they genuinely didn't hear me they'll say "what?" again, but 95% of the time they did hear, and are able to continue the conversation.

Your so so right, listening to a conversation on phone while we have our dinner , the wife talks to her mother and says what to everything she says,

"Listen to **** what she's saying the 1st time so I can get back to watching eastenders " second thought carry on .

• Advertisement

bluewolf wrote: »
    Uh, I guess we should shut down restaurants and stuff so

Its been 5 hours and I still dont know what this means :(

Advertisement