Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm A Celebrity 2013

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭Marcus Halberstram

Delighted, another one of camp horrible eliminated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

so happy laila is gone.

Laila: (on Amy) we was brought differently to her. We're just normal people.

then Wtf are you doing on "im a celebrity, get me out of here."

utter b1tch. glad to see the back of her.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Who went? It's sad, but I actually couldn't watch it tonight because the nastiness makes me feel bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Who went? It's sad, but I actually couldn't watch it tonight because the nastiness makes me feel bad.

Laila.

As I said earlier, she was around 12/1 to go - so the bookies will be paying out quite handsomely... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

so glad moo moo is gone...cat seemed to have her tongue her quizzed about amy! all talk...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

What I wouldn't do to Any Willerton.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,322 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Some dodgy dancing tonight and to think Vincent is trained :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

well she had the personality of a plank of timber. Wanted to know what the other one said about Amy too before she would commit an opinion - so much for the 'i say it as i see it' bullsh!t

• Registered Users Posts: 12,149 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I think the "men" are thinking that the women are jealous of Amy for one reason only - men are simple creatures - they are a sucker for a "pretty face" or a "damsel in distress" - they cannot see past that. I mean when Alfonso and Matthew had "words" nobody accused of one being jealous of the other - LOL

VERWY SEXIST......VERWY VERWY SEXIST!!!!

I really wanted Lucy to attack Alfo who never told Amy that Lucy had started a hate campaign against her I don't think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,149 ✭✭✭✭blade1

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I really wanted Lucy to attack Alfo who never told Amy that Lucy had started a hate campaign against her I don't think

We don't know if he told her.
    We are only seeing what they want you to see:

blade1 wrote: »
    We don't know if he told her.
    We are only seeing what they want you to see:

So would have been best for Lucy to ask Alfo

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭lucky333

Oh Moe is mo more than a muckin midiot, thank muck she's gone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

lucky333 wrote: »
    Oh Moe is mo more than a muckin midiot, thank muck she's gone

Mo people call her Mo than Laila. Surprising? Mo.

After all, there is virtually Mo-one who doesn't Mo she was in EastEnders.

And for Most fans of that soap, she'll live long in the Mo-mory...

:o:o:o:D:D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Annabelle done a lot of backtracking about Amy last night on the show afterwards in what she would not say rather than what she said.

All talk until she was asked about Amy and she said "do I have to talk about it",and went on to say that it was just that she wouldn't do any of the cleaning up and she was let away with stonewalling about what she was really nasty to her about and Laura inexplicably let her of with it,seems to have been agreed before the interview to not mention what lucy and herself had talked about the holiday with her daughter.
    She is contracted to the show so she should have been asked about it but the producers seemed to have backed of.

Hope Lucy or Matthew goes tonight so they can do some more bitching with their other two pals,I would like Al to stay because he seems like a nice guy compared to them but its not looking great for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Babooshka

tipptom wrote: »
    Annabelle done a lot of backtracking about Amy last night on the show afterwards in what she would not say rather than what she said.

All talk until she was asked about Amy and she said "do I have to talk about it",and went on to say that it was just that she wouldn't do any of the cleaning up and she was let away with stonewalling about what she was really nasty to her about and Laura inexplicably let her of with it,seems to have been agreed before the interview to not mention what lucy and herself had talked about the holiday with her daughter.
    She is contracted to the show so she should have been asked about it but the producers seemed to have backed of.

QUOTE]

I thought similar about Laila's exit interview, they were too busy stirring it up about Amy trying to make out that amy is the one responsible for "playing a game" than quizzing her about why they backstabbed her so much. I suppose it's all in the name of sh*t stirring and gathering ratings as let's face it, if they sorted it all out and everyone loved each other, it wouldn't make for addictive viewing. I have to say though, it's hard to watch them doing it. I thought I liked Laila at the start and she was a "rough diamond" type but she became very hard and cruel when she bit the back off of Amy...according to her, for being above her in social class, inverted snobbery at its most ugly. I don't particularly love Amy either but give me an underdog and I will come out on their side when everyone else is ganging up on them any day. It doesn't warrant it and it's ugly behaviour, they acted like the schoolboys in Lord of the Flies with their pack mentality, the men saw it and now are trying to cover it up, I am disgusted at what David said the other night when talking to Alfonso about "looks only get you so far in life" when they were discussing Amy withdrawing into herself.

I think she tried to put on a brave face later in the bush telegraph by saying she just wanted to observe everyone, but I think it was more a case of her feeling isolated with the others not offering sociablity or warmth to her, she was feeling lonely, David knew they'd been doing this, even told her she would come up against it as had all the models he'd worked with, and then to do an about face and speak about her as though it was some sort of shortcoming on her behalf....It makes me so angry, I don't normally comment on these shows, as I do believe there's more to life, but as a study in human nature and how everyone does whatever they need to to get by it is both fascinating, and somewhat hideous of a mirror to hold up to ourselves in this day and age. We have put men on the moon and yet, we still haven't mastered being kind and gentle towards all of our fellow beings, not just the ones who will get us into a better position in life. Sorry rant over - just makes me sick to see someone being singled out then the people coming out of it saying, no no, we didn't do that at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

I don't get how people are playing the 'bully' card just because they don't like someone. She kept contraband knowing full well that there would be repercussions for the group, doesn't do any work around camp and drapes herself over Joey Essex when not topless sunbathing. All the other girls do work in there but her. Of course they must be 'jealous' *sigh* of her even though there's always been pretty girls in there and jealousy has never been an issue.
    Doubt she was sharing her concealer with anyone either seen as she didn't bring it up with any of the girls and she threw Alfonso under the bus when he didn't say anything about Lucy having a "hate campaign".

Christ I need to get a life

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

On another note Lucy asking Amy "Don't you feel like a piece of meat"

mfe8.jpg

pookiesboo wrote: »
    I don't get how people are playing the 'bully' card just because they don't like someone. She kept contraband knowing full well that there would be repercussions for the group, doesn't do any work around camp and drapes herself over Joey Essex when not topless sunbathing. All the other girls do work in there but her. Of course they must be 'jealous' *sigh* of her even though there's always been pretty girls in there and jealousy has never been an issue.
    Doubt she was sharing her concealer with anyone either seen as she didn't bring it up with any of the girls and she threw Alfonso under the bus when he didn't say anything about Lucy having a "hate campaign".

On another note Lucy asking Amy "Don't you feel like a piece of meat"

mfe8.jpg

Well there you go..I think you just answered your own question, double standards from Lucy, ridiculing the girl saying that it's all in the name of taking down "The Industry", when in fact, it's probably just jealousy that the girl looks better in the jungle than she does and it's making her very insecure...sigh.

By the way I feel like I have to get a life too, discussing this show online, but I guess we're all just human, so go easy on yourself!

Have to agree with you there,she made herself out to be pretty stupid by saying that she "aint the same as us,is she",seemed that like with Annabelle she realised that she may have been voted out because she was a right cow to a young lazy girl and her salt of the earth straight talking intimidating bull wasn't as popular as she thought,thank God.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

Its the way in which they choose to deal with it that makes it come across as bullying. Snide comments, bitching among them behind her back, the obvious tension/ coldness towards her. If it was about the laziness they could just call her out on it/make a rota/take the high road and do it themselves. Its them commenting on her looks/youth/career: all things that aren't related to her lack of cleaning- well maybe a tedious link if you want to say that she is used to being spoiled or whatever. Its the mob mentality as well that makes it bullying. The constant bitching in groups and cold shoulder when someone else is there- notice how when Amy called Lucy aside she was nice as pie without the backing of mathew (the arrogant guy, can't remember his name?), the minute she was back with her like minded bullies she was back to her usual self.
    OK maybe its not rooted in jealousy, maybe they are just not nice people who constantly feel the need to comment on her looks even though it has no bearing on the poor girls character/personality in camp. And to say "but that's how she's known, that's her career" thats why its brought up, they don't keep referring to Rebecca's limited swimming career, she can't get by on that for the rest of her life, same for the rest of them, they all capitalized upon what talent/luck they happened to have and only Amy is being vilified for it. They are obsessed with the fact that Amy is beautiful. Joey is basically a pretty face and they don't keep telling him "your looks will fade" etc. Why only Amy? They constantly put her down, that's bullying to me.
    They're adults, if they've an issue with her behaviour they should discuss it like adults not huddle behind a tree and bitch about her. Its childish.

Tasden wrote: »
    Its the way in which they choose to deal with it that makes it come across as bullying. Snide comments, bitching among them behind her back, the obvious tension/ coldness towards her. If it was about the laziness they could just call her out on it/make a rota/take the high road and do it themselves. Its them commenting on her looks/youth/career: all things that aren't related to her lack of cleaning- well maybe a tedious link if you want to say that she is used to being spoiled or whatever. Its the mob mentality as well that makes it bullying. The constant bitching in groups and cold shoulder when someone else is there- notice how when Amy called Lucy aside she was nice as pie without the backing of mathew (the arrogant guy, can't remember his name?), the minute she was back with her like minded bullies she was back to her usual self.
    OK maybe its not rooted in jealousy, maybe they are just not nice people who constantly feel the need to comment on her looks even though it has no bearing on the poor girls character/personality in camp. And to say "but that's how she's known, that's her career" thats why its brought up, they don't keep referring to Rebecca's limited swimming career, she can't get by on that for the rest of her life, same for the rest of them, they all capitalized upon what talent/luck they happened to have and only Amy is being vilified for it. They are obsessed with the fact that Amy is beautiful. Joey is basically a pretty face and they don't keep telling him "your looks will fade" etc. Why only Amy? They constantly put her down, that's bullying to me.
    They're adults, if they've an issue with her behaviour they should discuss it like adults not huddle behind a tree and bitch about her. Its childish.
    Totally agree with you. Bunch of middle aged ladies ganging up on a naieve young girl. Annabel was able to feel "maternal" towards Joey who couldn't even tell the time...imagine the ridicule Amy would come in for if that had been her? She'd have been called a bimbo, and idiot etc. but Joey gets the "awww, but he's so cute and sweet, young pup" type comments to expain it away. In that vain...Laila could have chosen to be charitable and done the same with Amy, and taken her under her wing and taught her a thing or two - like how to dry dishes and not just reefing the towel off her and excluding her from the social interaction which is exactly what she did, shut her down and out.

The more they behaved like this, the more Laila, Annabel, and Lucy began to come across like three hags, with Rebecca complying for an easy life. I think people need to ask themselves how they'd like their own daughters/ sisters to be treated. There will always be a bit of bitching and sniping and bickering, is in all families even - but complete social isolation IS bullying, and no amount of germanic responses like "she did not comply with the rules, she had makeup, she risked food"...ehhh, they're not in Aushchwitz, there is some amount of humor they could use, they get beans and rice... and there is more to life....I'd love to see if it was cigarettes that were contraband how many of them would have sneaked a few and laughed it off if they'd been caught, it's all just an excuse to jump down her throat, IMO.

I would put the much of the blame on Lucy,she has been gunning for the kid from nearly day one with some sort of agenda that she has come up with and has manipulated the others to join her in her task and I think Matthew is on the same lines with his stupid bikini stunt coming from an idiot entertainment journalist who would be all over the Myleen Klass shower photos for his daily entertainment column.

All her pre show interviews had her saying that she wouldn't be seen in a bikini and she wasn't that type of person and if she was in a bikini she would be wearing a shift over it and when the conversation came up about Amys career she was ready to attack,seems to have acquired herself some sort of feminist agenda for the show for some reason and would love to see her if the above photos were flashed up during her exit interview.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

Exactly. And Amy said herself a few of the girls were more than happy to use the concealer when it suited them. And let's not forget about Lucy keeping some of her contraband until she let it slip that she had more. Correct me if it was someone else though!

This is my first year watching it and I'm getting waaaay too invested Lol

I would put the much of the blame on Lucy,she has been gunning for the kid from nearly day one with some sort of agenda that she has come up with and has manipulated the others to join her in her task and I think Matthew is on the same lines with his stupid bikini stunt coming from an idiot entertainment journalist who would be all over the Myleen Klass shower photos for his daily entertainment column.

All her pre show interviews had her saying that she wouldn't be seen in a bikini and she wasn't that type of person and if she was in a bikini she would be wearing a shift over it and when the conversation came up about Amys career she was ready to attack,seems to have acquired herself some sort of feminist agenda for the show for some reason and would love to see her if the above photos were flashed up during her exit interview.

My blood was boiling when Lucy was lecturing Amy the other night about modelling, pointing at her face saying "It's not about this, it's about this"...then pointing to her heart. Jesus, I'd say it depends what day of the week it is with you Lucy, what it's about. Amy just sat there, being 21, saying "thank you" for being patronised and used for some neo feminist makey uppy nonsense, and then you see glam photo shoots of Lucy in the archives, uggghhhhh. I just want to see Amy stand up for herself but she doesn't have the life experience yet. I'd have loved to have seen Lucy try this with Katie Price instead of Amy, she'd have eaten her for breakfast. A bunch of extremely sour grapes.

Babooshka wrote: »
    My blood was boiling when Lucy was lecturing Amy the other night about modelling, pointing at her face saying "It's not about this, it's about this"...then pointing to her heart. Jesus, I'd say it depends what day of the week it is with you Lucy, what it's about. Amy just sat there, being 21, saying "thank you" for being patronised and used for some neo feminist makey uppy nonsense, and then you see glam photo shoots of Lucy in the archives, uggghhhhh. I just want to see Amy stand up for herself but she doesn't have the life experience yet. I'd have loved to have seen Lucy try this with Katie Price instead of Amy, she'd have eaten her for breakfast. A bunch of extremely sour grapes.
    ,That's the thing with bullies though,if they think somebody will fight back they are not as bad but if someone seems a little feeble under attack,they get the smell of blood and try and encourage the rest of the pack to join in it to justify their attack.

,That's the thing with bullies though,if they think somebody will fight back they are not as bad but if someone seems a little feeble under attack,they get the smell of blood and try and encourage the rest of the pack to join in it to justify their attack.

I guess we'll have to see what tac Lucy decides to take now that her two main allies are gone, what will happen now? Maybe she will start being a bit nicer, I got the impression last night that the penny dropped when Rebecca called her up and she had that conversation with Amy that what the public were seeing was maybe not so good for her, which is why she already started to behave a little bit nicer towards Amy, I could be totally off the mark there, but you never know.

I do feel a little embarrassed discussing these people as if I know them. It's one of these guilty pleasures shows, I guess - but in fairness, it's also a study in the workings of human behaviour and pack mentality and that's why I find watching this fascinating, yet as I said, a little of an ugly truth about human behaviour too.

As an aside to all of that, think someone's already mentioned it, but I think the line "Annabel, I can't counsel you while I'm taking a sh*t" should be engraved on Steve Davis's headstone, has to be one of the funniest lines to come out of that show.

I wish Eric Bristow had been in there this year with him, can you imagine how funny the two of them would be together? Kian seems like a really all round decent guy, but is not really one to make you belly laugh, Joey's a loveable eejit who can be funny sometimes, Alfonso just seems too American and in ernest to be funny, Matthew is too self absorbed and his attempt at jokes are just spiteful jibes at other people that are not funny... Steve is the only contender for the laughs, but he has no real companions in mischief, there's a wasted opportunity there. Haven't laughed except for the counseling from the sh*tter line this year :( That's the boys, Laila was sometimes funny out of the women, now she is gone though, and there's not a lot of laughing going on there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭Marcus Halberstram

I think people forget sometimes the age gap in there. Amy is only 21 and the crowd ganging up on her are a lot older and should know better. Christ when I was 21 I didn't know my arse from my elbow. And this talk of her not doing anything in there is incorrect. She cleaned up and also dried the dishes when asked. Maybe she didn't jump to her feet and offer first but she did it no problem when she was asked.

It hardly warrants all the nasty comments being directed at her. I honestly hope she wins now just to see the smugness wiped of the others faces. Amy, Joey, Kian and Vincent to make the last four.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭LOSTfan57

Wow.......I'm the only person here who actually doesnt love Amy......wow.....i find her annoying

Advertisement