Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Community - Season 5 [US] **Spoilers!!**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,797 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Over lunch there, I spotted the boxset of the first 4 seasons in a newly opened local entertainment shop - yet already shutting down (think they were selling surplus HMV stock) - for €60 minus 25% sticker = €45.

Was tempted.. but might see if it drops further.

Damn me taking advantage of recessionary times!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

That's a great deal! I was looking at the 4-season box set in HMV for €60 the other day but I decided against it because I don't want to own season 4...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I'm deliberately waiting for the #sixseasonsandamovie boxset.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,797 ✭✭✭✭Basq

phasers wrote: »
    .. but I decided against it because I don't want to own season 4...
    Yeah.. I'll buy the boxset on the condition they open it and burn season 4 in a biiiiig fire first.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Captain Mal Reynalds popping in to join the Greendale crew this Thursday :D

community-analysis-of-cork-based-networking-nbc-4-nathan-fillion-jonathan-banks.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Basq wrote: »
    Yeah.. I'll buy the boxset on the condition they open it and burn season 4 in a biiiiig fire first.

I dunno- the commentary's might be fun

Remember listening to a podcast with Andy Bobrow few days after episode 1 of S4 aired (Think was A Bit of a Chat with Ken Plume) and it was hilarious - he was going on about how he made the mistake of following it live on twitter :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Chevy-Chase-Hot-Cleveland-1076870.aspx
    Chevy Chase is trading community college for the hot ladies of Cleveland.

Chase will guest-star on Hot in Cleveland, marking his first television job since leaving Community, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Chase will play Ross Barkley, whom Elka (Betty White) turns to for an endorsement for City Council. To get his vote, she gets Melanie (Valerie Bertinelli) to go on a date with him, during which he reveals he's the sole survivor of a plane crash with a dark secret.

Chase recently signed a deal to reunite with his Vacation co-star Beverly D'Angelo for an ABC comedy being developed by Aaron Kaplan. The SNL alum left Community last season, but returned as a hologram version of his character, Pierce, in the Season 5 premiere.

Hot in Cleveland returns Wednesday, March 26 on TV Land.

Community_S2_Chevy_Chase_006-637x273.jpg

Firefly fans must be frothing at the mouth with giddiness

19dobbdyfva14png.png

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Burt Macklin

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    Firefly fans must be frothing at the mouth with giddiness

19dobbdyfva14png.png

You can't take the sky from me...

Has anyone checked John Oliver's "New York Stand Up" on Netflix?

His guests are sometimes mediocre but his opening bit is always funny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭sumtings

The new Rick and Morty episode was class, as was last weeks one with the Mr. Meceeps. Loved the ending with the mazzy star tune, reminded me of futurama Fry's dog episode, a little existentially messed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

Wow, Community is back, and good again. I've just watched the first three eps of season 5, but the Ass Crack Bandit one was one of the best I have seen. Just the right amount of bizarre, and well written, which can't be said for last season.

Life is better when Community is good. :)

fisgon wrote: »
    but the Ass Crack Bandit one was one of the best I have seen.

Just wait till you see the episode after that. Its fantastic ;)

fisgon wrote: »
    the Ass Crack Bandit one was one of the best I have seen.
    Just wait till you see the episode after that. Its fantastic ;)

And then wait until you've seen the episode after THAT :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,736 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

FunLover18 wrote: »
    And then wait until you've seen the episode after THAT :D

Will ya stop. I've seen none of season 5 yet..... Oh wait.... Lucky me

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Will ya stop. I've seen none of season 5 yet..... Oh wait.... Lucky me

B@stard ;)

Does it air at 1 or 2am Irish time?

B@stard ;)

Does it air at 1 or 2am Irish time?

1am

Cheers. I'll get it from the cousins at 2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Uploaded 3mins after it's over, really gotta hand it to some of the people who do this.

Uploaded 3mins after it's over, really gotta hand it to some of the people who do this.

careful_now.jpg

• Advertisement

OK, well obviously it's gonna take them a while to settle in without Troy. I enjoyed the stuff between Hickey and Annie, and the decorations committee was also fun - fat dog.

I saw the poster for the Irish Potatoe Famine class again, and then the reference to all the potatoes in the gym. Can't help but wonder if there may be a Paddy's episode coming up or something.

Did anybody else read the ticker on the news Hickey was watching, I only did because it was mentioned on the facebook page
    Levar Burton and non-celebrity companion captured by pirates off the coast of Mexico. I think it was intended as a joke as in haha classic Troy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Over now until Feb 27th :(

Abed and Rachel were watching Rick and Morty which was nice, also liked the Sorkin line.
    But whilst it wasn't a bad episode and I still enjoyed it, it was the weakest one so far.

Over now until Feb 27th :(

Abed and Rachel were watching Rick and Morty.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-27747-1380567780-14.gif

Bear Down for Mid-Terms

I learned how to say this in sign language

I enjoyed it very much. Hope they use Fillion again in a future episode, as it was quite a small part for such a big guest star.
    Thought the absence of Troy would be much more noticeable, but I think bringing Hickey, Duncan and Chang more into the spotlight worked very well. Also hope Coat Check Girl doesn't just disappear again - would be nice to see her appear in at least a couple more episodes this season.

More great laugh out loud moments. Loved Abhed's early sign language mistakes ;)

Why oh why do American networks take nonsensical sabbaticals with their shows like this?

More great laugh out loud moments. Loved Abhed's early sign language mistakes ;)

Why oh why do American networks take nonsensical sabbaticals with their shows like this?

To be fair to them, this break is for the Winter Olympics, which are airing on NBC, so not much they could've done there... I think nearly everything on the big four (NBC, ABC, CBS, FOX) are taking a hiatus while the olympics are on - no sense airing new episodes if the ratings are gonna tank against such a big event...

In general though, yes, those breaks are stupid...

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mrkite77

Hope they use Fillion again in a future episode, as it was quite a small part for such a big guest star.

There were a couple in this episode. Robert Patrick (Terminator 2) was the parking guy. Paget Brewster (Criminal Minds) was the IT girl.

Personally I loved seeing Kumail Nanjiani. He was in my favorite Portlandia sketch:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLlOkKskBqU

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Game of Thrones, Labyrinth and Nathan Fillion. I love this show.

Really enjoyed that one, possibly my favourite this season. Though episodes one and five were probably stronger looking at it objectively.

I imagine we might see Rachel more regularly. Certainly seems set up that way given the lack of anything actually happening with her this episode bar a reintroduction. I imagine Chang along with Duncan/Rachel in a limited number of episodes will fill the gap left by Troy.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,466 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I think this is the only show on at the moment (at least until The Walking Dead comes back) where I can expect to read feedback posted in the middle of the night. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

really enjoyed that episode, season 5 continuing in good form.

Advertisement