Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Community - Season 5 [US] **Spoilers!!**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I just saw a post on tvbythenumbers and apparently NBC chairman Bob Greenblatt has said that Community has a 'strong possibility' of being renewed. #sixseasonsandamovie could really happen :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

phasers wrote: »
    I just saw a post on tvbythenumbers and apparently NBC chairman Bob Greenblatt has said that Community has a 'strong possibility' of being renewed. #sixseasonsandamovie could really happen :pac:

It's their best rated comedy and the critics love it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

FunLover18 wrote: »
    It's their best rated comedy and the critics love it

Parks and Rec is actually, and that's already been renewed.

Parks and Rec is actually, and that's already been renewed.

Oh yeh forgot about that

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

phasers wrote: »

Excellent.

I think a 24 episode season 6 and a movie with two big guest star would be the icing on the cake. A film will, unfortunately, never get greenlit with just the current cast.

Dan Harmon has expressed interest in getting Bill Murray involved in the past, now thats a guy with enough funny to make up for two people ;)

• Advertisement

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    Excellent.

I think a 24 episode season 6 and a movie with two big guest star would be the icing on the cake. A film will, unfortunately, never get greenlit with just the current cast.

Dan Harmon has expressed interest in getting Bill Murray involved in the past, now thats a guy with enough funny to make up for two people ;)

He wanted Murray to be Jeff's dad, which would have been AWESOME!!!

I don't think it would need to be cinema released. A movie length finale would be enough, no?

Either way though I can't wait to see another Dan Harmon movie, be it Greendale based or not. He wrote Monster House which was great, really underrated so we know he can do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Burt Macklin

''To you, I leave this bottle of fine scotch, so that you're less tempted to drink this cylinder of even finer sperm''

They made that joke six times, and it was hilarious every time. Its so good to have Community back at its best!

He wanted Murray to be Jeff's dad, which would have been AWESOME!!!

I don't think it would need to be cinema released. A movie length finale would be enough, no?

I did read that about Murray, unfortunately The Gas Leak has dealt with Jeff's Dad but hopefully Harmon can secure Bill in another capacity.

Good point re: the movie. I had always envisioned a cinema release film but the show's following is perhaps too niche for that, Annie's Boobs or not. A triple length episode or a straight to DVD release may be the answer!

I did read that about Murray, unfortunately The Gas Leak has dealt with Jeff's Dad but hopefully Harmon can secure Bill in another capacity.

Good point re: the movie. I had always envisioned a cinema release film but the show's following is perhaps too niche for that, Annie's Boobs or not. A triple length episode or a straight to DVD release may be the answer!

It would have to be more than triple length, every episode is roughly 20/25 minutes
    3 x 20/25 = 60/75, although I suppose if it's for TV there'll be ads that'll take it up

There's not a chance that a Community film would play in cinemas. At best it might get a limited run on a handful of screens and play festivals but it would be playing the local multiplex on a Friday night. The Veronica Mars approach is along the lines of how I see a Community film being made.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭ElvisChrist6

Cooperative Polygraphy was the absolute return to form after a season and three episodes (I liked the other season 5 episodes, but not that much). This was the first time since the third series I've laughed out loud and continually did so. I couldn't believe it managed to make me laugh six times at the same joke (
    the canisters of sperm
    ). It perhaps wasn't as fantastic as some of the second series, but possibly the best bottle episode yet.

Parks and Recreation to return for seventh season on NBC while Community's chances for renewal also look 'strong'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2542770/Parks-Recreation-return-seventh-season-NBC-Communitys-chances-renewal-look-strong.html

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I'd say its a lock, nbc are staying true to form with more weak offerings....will we get that movie though :D

I'd say its a lock, nbc are staying true to form with more weak offerings....will we get that movie though :D

If we get a 6th season, a movie is probably guaranteed. Probably produced by Sony themselves.

Strong start to the season continues, enjoyed that.

What is the show's main competition on Thursdays?

Is it The Big Bang Theory?

I hadn't seen a lot of these

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

The Big Bang Theory on CBS which is the highest rated scripted show on network TV, American Idol on FOX which is the highest rated reality show on network TV, and The Vampire Diaries which is the highest rated show on The CW and gets a fair share of the ratings...
    The only place it doesn't have competition is on ABC which hasn't managed to get a show off the ground in the Thursday 8pm slot over the last few years...

NBC have tried a few shows in that timeslot and Community has by far done the best in that spot, which is why they've continued to renew it.

Considering the competition, as bad as it's ratings are, Community holds it own pretty well for a niche show.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Is it The Big Bang Theory?

TBBT is made by CBS, if that was its competition Community would be long since cancelled. Fortunately Community's competition is every other NBC comedy, and most of them are awful with equally awful ratings. We're so lucky that NBC haven't been able to catch a break with comedies, if even one of their new comedies in the last 3 years had been successful they would have canned Community.

TBBT is made by CBS, if that was its competition Community would be long since cancelled. Fortunately Community's competition is every other NBC comedy, and most of them are awful with equally awful ratings. We're so lucky that NBC haven't been able to catch a break with comedies, if even one of their new comedies in the last 3 years had been successful they would have canned Community.

If you and your friends are being chased by a bear, you don't have to be faster than the bear, just your friends.

Yeah other NBC comedies are it's main competition when it comes to renewal or cancellation, but it's direct competition in a share for the ratings are the shows on the other networks and how well it does compared to it's ratings competition is a factor the network take in when renewing a show.

Yeah other NBC comedies are it's main competition when it comes to renewal or cancellation, but it's direct competition in a share for the ratings are the shows on the other networks and how well it does compared to it's ratings competition is a factor the network take in when renewing a show.

That is usually how it works all right :cool:

The Big Bang Theory on CBS which is the highest rated scripted show on network TV, American Idol on FOX which is the highest rated reality show on network TV

Wow, those are two TV juggernauts (although, personally, both shíte ;)).

Its incredible that Community holds its own niche with competition like that

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Asscrack Bandit was one of the funniest episodes of any American comedy I can remember.

Oh!

New page!

Alison Brie Gif it is so ....

post-16760-Alison-Brie-dancing-on-Attack-mILE.gif

Which has just reminded me; I wonder if she asked to be more covered up this season? Its all been fairly tame so far ;)

I love this!!

• Advertisement

That got me right in the feels... So many emotions!!!

Advertisement