Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Community - Season 5 [US] **Spoilers!!**

Options
1262728293032»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

Thargor wrote: »
    Reported to the mods. Sorry but Annies pretty young, we try not to sexualize her.

:)

For you good sir

One_Free_Internet351.jpg

Im wondering with the new season, is it now off to the "Online TV" section or does it stay here as it'll be airing on Sony?

It's all a bit too much for a Friday tbh

Troy-Community-Emotions.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

IvaBigWun wrote:
    Im wondering with the new season, is it now off to the "Online TV" section or does it stay here as it'll be airing on Sony?

There's an "Online TV" section?

Someone made this iPhone cover. Pic is huge so I'll just link to it http://i.imgur.com/fx1WrAT.jpg

• Advertisement

Havent watched it myself yet but someone edited all the bloopers from all 5 seasons into one 90 minute upload!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

ONE WEEK TO GO!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Relevant name.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

happy-troy.gif

Am considering a rewatch of all of season 5 before Tuesday, it's sitting there all tempting on Netflix.

Oh and there's this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0HFteoh2ws&feature=youtu.be

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

So will the first 2 episodes be online tomorrow morning or what's the craic? Do they go up at a particular time?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭alroley

They will go up 7am our time. But, YahooScreen will be geo-blocking the episodes, but you know, there are ways around it. (not sure if it's against rules to post more than that, but hoping everyone knows what i mean)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Any particular reason they're being dicks with the geo-blocking? I thought the idea was to get the Yahoo Screen brand out there by show casing their own project. Netflix release all their own produced content simultaneously to all regions.

ixoy wrote: »
    Any particular reason they're being dicks with the geo-blocking? I thought the idea was to get the Yahoo Screen brand out there by show casing their own project. Netflix release all their own produced content simultaneously to all regions.

I would think it's to do with advertising, I don't know though. I know it's not limited to just America, pretty sure a lot of Asia will be able to watch it legally too.
    It will be on SonyTV for people here and in UK at 10pm on Wednesdays.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭scottmcb04

alroley wrote: »
    They will go up 7am our time. But, YahooScreen will be geo-blocking the episodes, but you know, there are ways around it. (not sure if it's against rules to post more than that, but hoping everyone knows what i mean)

where did you see this? find it strange that they would release it at 3a.m. est time in the states?!

scottmcb04 wrote: »
    where did you see this? find it strange that they would release it at 3a.m. est time in the states?!

it's midnight for the west coast so makes sense.

the official community twitter posted it.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Anachrony

scottmcb04 wrote: »

For television, you want the premiere to be a big event that as many people as possible tune in for all at once. For online streaming, you really don't particularly want that spike of bandwidth to hit all at once, so there is no incentive to release it during prime viewing hours. Viewers will trickle in at different times during the day, staggering the bandwidth a bit, and there will still be plenty of water cooler buzz for the next couple of days after.

For online content, if you say it's available on date X, there is no particular reason not to make it available at the stroke of midnight on that day. The last of the major US time zones is EST minus 3 hours (Alaska and Hawaii time zones represent less than 1% of the population). If they released midnight EST, then for a large slice of the US population it would actually be available the day before the one they advertised as the release date.

Haven't read in detail, want to avoid spoilers but it seems to be getting good feedback on reddit.

I liked both episodes a lot.
    I thought the first one began a little "off", but it was necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Liked them both.

And longer episodes, whoop!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭omicron

Can we have a new season 6 thread?! Just to highlight that it made it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Where do u watch this? Can't find it on any of the usual sites

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Shane St. wrote: »
    Where do u watch this? Can't find it on any of the usual sites

https://screen.yahoo.com/community/

Great both episodes. Really felt like it was going back to the way it was in the first two seasons! Some very funny moments, like Chang being worried that all the minorities are vanishing!

Also Shirley lost a lot of weight!!

Just saw this on the show's Facebook page
    Always nice when Nathan Fillion stops by.

Wonder if his Season 6 cameo continues...

Advertisement