Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Community - Season 5 [US] **Spoilers!!**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭scottmcb04

I'm going to miss troy! Brilliant character, another good episode!

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Kilkenny14

Great send off for Troy. Abed's goodbye in describing how he had homing pigeon DNA in Troy's clone left me thinking if I had accidentally listened to "Come Sail Away" by Styx again.

Chang saying Nathan Fillion made me wonder, is he due to appear this season?

What an episode. Up there with the Paintball episodes from Season two, but with double the emotion. Why do I have tears in my eyes from an episode based around a game of lava? Seriously. Damn you, Community.

Such an amazing send-off to Troy. There also seemed to be some actual emotion there too, from everyone, which made it much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

That stung me and I feel tears welling up.... What a fantastic idea and episode. :):o:)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

That was brilliant. So many lulz and then pow! Best we have seen Britta in ages, her exchange with Jeff about the floor and knock knock was hilarious. "Who's there bitch? FLOOR! FLOOOOORRRRRRRR!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

So good on so many levels!!

I don't know how the writers manage to get so much plot, emotion, and laughs in to 20 minutes. The mind boggles

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

laughed a lot at the wilhelm scream they snuck in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭alroley

Loved the episode - very sad though :(
    I will miss Troy :(

Britta was great in this episode :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

Ive more thoughts to post on this but I will say this now: I wonder how much of those final scenes were real/ad-libbed by the cast? ;)

troy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I missed it the first time around, but re-watching it now and in the scene where the chair walkers attack Shirley Island Vicky, Garrett and Magnitude all shout out one last time before being engulfed in Lava:

Vicky: My name was Vicky! Tell my story!

Garrett: These are my only pants, I can't get them dirty!

Magnitude (in a British accent): I'm actually British!

Brilliant

• Advertisement

I loved the Locker Boys! Where did Chang get that giant lock bling?

"Earn your M&Ms, boys"

ALSO!!!!

Was I the only one surprised to realise that Greendale is in Colorado? Has that been mentioned before?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

FunLover18 wrote: »
    ALSO!!!!

Was I the only one surprised to realise that Greendale is in Colorado? Has that been mentioned before?

I dont think so. Nice easter egg!

ALSO!!!!

Hope there's an episode where they get high.

Hope there's an episode where they get high.

Britta-on-peyote.jpg

Didn't they get high in the puppet episode? .... I don't think there's any need to go back there

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

ALSO!!!!

I'm pretty sure it was though I couldn't tell you when.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I don't remember them ever saying it was Colorado, so I think it was the first time...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

It was briefly mentioned in some behind the scenes thing in the season 1 boxset.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭BlurstMonkey

They've seriously saved Britta's character. She's gotten really good again. :)
    Her exchange with Jeff was great too.

They've seriously saved Britta's character. She's gotten really good again. :)
    Her exchange with Jeff was great too.

I agree. I was surprised that in an episode based around Abed's game of floor is lava, and Troy's departure, that Britta was the best character of the episode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Childish Tycoon :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Yeah, they've saved a number of characters; Britta, Chang and Dean have all been pulled from the abyss of total annoying caricature & are quite worthy in their own right now. I've no idea if her advice was legitimate or not, but it seemed genuine and as if the writing was trying to make an earnest attempt to put her back into the mould from season 1. That's a good thing 'cos she could often be the group's weakest link (second perhaps to Pierce)

I enjoyed the episode, the good run continues, though honestly other than the now infamous Paintball episode I've never been a huge fan of the college-wide 'event' episodes; they've always been a little over the top and took the joke too far. Still, considering it was Troy's last episode it seemed fitting to set it around one of those events. Biggest surprise of the season so far? It has to be Jonathan Banks: he has fit into the dynamic really well, and has been a good replacement curmudgeon.

pixelburp wrote: »
    That's a good thing 'cos she could often be the group's weakest link (second perhaps to Pierce)

I still think that in season 1 and 2, and some of season 3, Pierce was in the top 3 characters.

I enjoyed the episode, the good run continues, though honestly other than the now infamous Paintball episode I've never been a huge fan of the college-wide 'event' episodes; they've always been a little over the top and took the joke too far. Still, considering it was Troy's last episode it seemed fitting to set it around one of those events. Biggest surprise of the season so far? It has to be Jonathan Banks: he has fit into the dynamic really well, and has been a good replacement curmudgeon.

GET OUT!!!!!

Not really though (although I do disagree)

The real reason I quoted you is because you're so right about Banks! "When this is all over - I'm going to shove you back."

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I still think that in season 1 and 2, and some of season 3, Pierce was in the top 3 characters.

Pierce seemed like a difficult character to write; he was ostensibly the group's bad guy so he had to be the cause of conflict, but over time it became increasingly difficult to see why they hung out with him. I think the Dungeons and Dragons episode really sank Pierce as a character for me - he was so irredeemably horrible in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

I don't remember them ever saying it was Colorado, so I think it was the first time...

I dunno, but I've never seen any behind the scenes footage and I was aware it was set in Colorado.

Pierce seemed like a difficult character to write; he was ostensibly the group's bad guy so he had to be the cause of conflict, but over time it became increasingly difficult to see why they hung out with him. I think the Dungeons and Dragons episode really sank Pierce as a character for me - he was so irredeemably horrible in that.

That was one of his best episodes. Just because he is horrible, doesn't mean he is a bad character..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,736 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Sh1t when did the new season start??? And on what channel?

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Sh1t when did the new season start??? And on what channel?

4 weeks ago on NBC :D

I wish I had 5 new episodes to binge on, you lucky bastard

• Advertisement

That was one of his best episodes. Just because he is horrible, doesn't mean he is a bad character..

I disagree, I think it did make him a bad character when they seldom wrote much beyond "Pierce is horrible and/or racist towards everyone". Jeff was egotistical, selfish and a bit of a dick with the group but he was allowed to develop and show empathy towards others. All throughout, Pierce was just Pierce. Honestly, it's no wonder Chevy Chase was so tetchy on set when he would come to work and find he had nothing to work with from the script.

Advertisement