Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Community - Season 5 [US] **Spoilers!!**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,757 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    B@stard ;)

Does it air at 1 or 2am Irish time?

I've no idea. I'm waiting for sky to show it in a few months. I'll record the whole series and probably watch it in one day :(

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Kilkenny14

"It's a bear dance" was my favourite moment in a great episode. Having Duncan and Chang against each other was another one

Hopefully we will find out on Feb 27 if Levar and Troy escaped from their captors.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

I loved it.

I'll admit I expected the red tape to go somewhere akin to the conspiracy theory episode. But still fun. I think of all the episodes it was the one most like the *gas leak* but it was much sharper and better paced the three seperate stories (none of them grew too big)

highlights

-the apology for overusing the gas leak
    -Changs almost genuine plee and the whole beardown reveal.
    -Easy Squeezy lemon easy
    -the different descriptions of bowie.

And of course the meta joke of them faking a *game of thrones* series because they genuinely did not want to spoiler the actual game of thrones.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,522 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Very good episode. Enjoyed the random general at the custodian meeting. Also Annie's Oldmanesque everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Well, this episode is getting a better reaction than I expected which is great. I'll have to watch it again anyway. But as someone said (apologies it's on the last page and I'm not going back) it was the closest in tone to the gas leak year, especially the Abed stuff. I think it also felt a bit too normal, I know they can't and won't reference Troy in every episode but I think they're going to have to deal with Abed's grief, which didn't seem present this week, which is what felt so odd for me about it.

Another pic from Tim Saccardo's twitter "De-badger the baseball diamond"

BfSBY_fCAAAfvRm.jpg

• Advertisement

Throughout the whole episode I kept trying to figure out if there was some reference I just wasn't getting at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Fat Dog for midterms made me lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

I'm sure someone probably posted this before on one of the earlier season threads, but I just came across it now. Interesting read. Dan Harmon talking through the episodes of season 2.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

As a matter of interest are there any female Boardsies watching this show? It seems to be the most male driven comedy in years

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Hope Troy's ok :D

wgs57HY.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,833 ✭✭✭✭Basq

As a matter of interest are there any female Boardsies watching this show? It seems to be the most male driven comedy in years
    phasers is a gal, and she's one of the shows biggest supporters on here.

I wonder why :confused:

tBR9CUa.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

"N-No... cancel it" *whooosh*

FunLover18 wrote: »
    I wonder why :confused:

tBR9CUa.gif

Yes but the wimmens have Joel McHale

80108a.jpg

Im now convinced that Alison Brie has asked the wardrobe department to tone down her curves this season. Last night she was dressed more like her Mad Men character then the Annie we know and drool over love

Yes but the wimmens have Joel McHale

80108a.jpg

Oh my god, even his shadow!! Look at his shadow!!

2383667-tumblr_m4rjkuyzzo1qfbr3h.gif

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,952 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

"Man, this got Sorkiny" ha

Community's 'male driven'? Yeah most of its cast is male, but beyond that I don't see it; I never got the impression this show was pandering to any particular audience, beyond its own small but enthusiastic fanbase. Sure they threw the odd skimpy dress on Allison Brie, but maybe that's cos they knew a small portion of the shows audience were obsessed horndogs :) This thread's really not mobile-friendly when new episodes pop up btw... :(

Anyway, to the episode. I wasn't gone on it, seemed like the weakest one so far but still highly enjoyable. And while I sang praise about Jonathan Banks' inclusion, bringing back John Oliver was also a stroke of genius: his character fits into the madness perfectly, and his weird hyper-English dorkiness is a perfect foil.

Fat Dog for Midterm!

pixelburp wrote: »

Community's 'male driven'? Yeah most of its cast is male, but beyond that I don't see it; I never got the impression this show was pandering to any particular audience, beyond its own small but enthusiastic fanbase.

I meant specifically on Boards, it feels like its an 80/20 split audience wise.
    This thread's really not mobile-friendly when new episodes pop up btw... :(

No, no, no. Dont go there ;) Community has and always should be Gif friendly on forums. Its been like that since it began and it should continue to do so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

*Raises hand* I am a woman and I'm a fan. Too much of a fan tbh :P

Decent episode - not amazing but I enjoyed it. FAT DOG FOR MIDTERMS. And Nathan Fillion...

I <3 Hickey. Non-Community spoiler - Breaking Bad related:
    I'm actually pretty sad that he most likely won't be in next season (if there's one) as he's going to be a main cast member on Better Call Saul
    Chang and Duncan were great in this episode too.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mrkite77

What's funny is that Bear Down is the official motto of the University of Arizona. (<- Points to location...) so the more they said it, the more I wondered if one of the writers is an alum.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

I meant specifically on Boards, it feels like its an 80/20 split audience wise.

No, no, no. Dont go there ;) Community has and always should be Gif friendly on forums. Its been like that since it began and it should continue to do so

I'm pretty sure boards is 80/20 ratio male to female overall

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Was any one else surprised to see Robert Patrick?

''To you, I leave this bottle of fine scotch, so that you're less tempted to drink this cylinder of even finer sperm''

They made that joke six times, and it was hilarious every time. Its so good to have Community back at its best!

For some reason, I completely lost it on Abed's one:
    "Did you know that you're insane and nothing you said ever made any send?"
    - Yes
    "Here is your sperm"
    "Man, this got Sorkiny" ha

I heard that as "Man, he's Sorkining". But your way probably makes more sense

I randomly stumbled across a blog post earlier today reviewing the last season of The X Files, with a screencap of him as the main pic, so my immediate thought was "God, he's aged fast".

I'm new to the concept of time.

gUhPqd7.jpg

Oddly "Upgrade PCs" isn't on the list

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭alroley

Me!! I don't really post here much but know a lot of the fans on twitter are female, and tumblr(okay, on tumblr it's mostly girls)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭alroley

Im now convinced that Alison Brie has asked the wardrobe department to tone down her curves this season. Last night she was dressed more like her Mad Men character then the Annie we know and drool over love

I really doubt that. Everything she's wearing is so dull and boring. She used to wear so much colour(and yes, short/low cut dresses). I've seen it as some lame attempt to make her seem more grown up, but they could have done that without changing her wardrobe like that. It was way too drastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,522 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Pleasantly so, between this website and others I'm usually aware of who is due to guest star.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

alroley wrote: »
    I really doubt that. Everything she's wearing is so dull and boring. She used to wear so much colour(and yes, short/low cut dresses). I've seen it as some lame attempt to make her seem more grown up, but they could have done that without changing her wardrobe like that. It was way too drastic.
    Yeah, I really dislike Annie's outfits this season too (although there are some exceptions, like the green blouse in the latest ep and the beige coat in the ACB ep). Shirley has had some awesome ones though, which is great, especially seeing as she tended to be drowned in fabric before this.

alroley wrote: »
    Seren_ wrote: »
    Yeah, I really dislike Annie's outfits this season too (although there are some exceptions, like the green blouse in the latest ep and the beige coat in the ACB ep). Shirley has had some awesome ones though, which is great, especially seeing as she tended to be drowned in fabric before this.

C'mon guys, it's a sitcom, not a fashion show!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Have Annie's clothes changed that much? I know she wears trousers now but besides that it all looks fairly similar to me, just a more mature variation on the cute sweaters/blouses thing.

Another brilliant episode! I wasn't too mad about how quickly Abed got over the nice deaf girl, but aside from that it was rock solid and really funny. Buzz Hickey is quickly becoming one of the favourite tv characters ever!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

nice to see Kumail Nanjiani in episode - he often plays D&D in Dan Harmon's podcast Harmontown and is hilarious.. He also originally auditioned for role of Abed.

Anyhow the episode itself? kinda meh, the Game of Thrones storyline with spoilers didn't really work for me, the corruption over the bulletine boards had its moments, the "Bear Down for midterms" was hilarious though imo.. wonderfully obsecure - felt the show really missed Prof Duncan in Season 3 & 4 and glad John Oliver is back and was brill in this episode

Advertisement