Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey - Order closed - *Payments due by 3 September*

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭TheTubes

tfrancer wrote: »
    I would be inclined to stick with Carvalho. People are familiar with their sizing and overall are happy with their jerseys.

I might be interested in a SS Jersey.
    Will update the spreadsheet after the color has been decided.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

My 2cents,
    velotec shorts are very good and I like their jerseys.
    I don't like carvalho shorts.
    I'm not picky about sizes as I'm a fat bastard.
    I contacted stetyrell as I thought Luccasports should be at least given chance, ye don't have to go with him but at least give him a chance.
    If ye want to go Irish theres O'Neills, Velotec, Azzuri, Watt custom, Spin 11 and DMC, off the top of my head.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

stetyrrell wrote: »
    There seems to be some interest in people starting up a new order for kit, so I figured we may as well start a thread and see if we can get an order going.

We're currently planning to go with Carvahlo, but that is to be decided.

Photos of the jerseys, (the colours will be changed, we're undecided at the moment.):
    boards_kit_2010.jpg

Sizing charts: http://www.carvalhocustom.com/downloads/carvalhocustom_sizing.pdf

Spreadsheet for order: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Avvd2VN36nT_dGtiaUJ4dTFaY2Fuam01bEZhTTFQQ0E&usp=sharing

Can you put in a "Downhill" jersey column please. Looser fit jersey to see if there's any interest for guys not racing. Prob. wont get a minimum 10 but let's see.
    (is it a 10 order minimum still for a run?)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,609 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

I thought it would've been nice to go with an Irish company, support the local economy etc. I'll get in contact with other suppliers and I'll see can I get in contact with some clubs and see who they used and what they thought.

Planet X wrote: »
    Can you put in a "Downhill" jersey column please. Looser fit jersey to see if there's any interest for guys not racing. Prob. wont get a minimum 10 but let's see.
    (is it a 10 order minimum still for a run?)

Yeah I'll stick in a column anyways, I'm not sure if all suppliers have downhill options. I think the general consensus is to go a size up if you want a looser fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

I have both the Carvalho and velotec and much prefer the velotec, although they messed up my sizing last time.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Yeah I'll stick in a column anyways, I'm not sure if all suppliers have downhill options. I think the general consensus is to go a size up if you want a looser fit.

Not to worry if it doesn't get the numbers.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

My 2cents,
    velotec shorts are very good and I like their jerseys.
    I don't like carvalho shorts.
    I'm not picky about sizes as I'm a fat bastard.
    I contacted stetyrell as I thought Luccasports should be at least given chance, ye don't have to go with him but at least give him a chance.
    If ye want to go Irish theres O'Neills, Velotec, Azzuri, Watt custom, Spin 11 and DMC, off the top of my head.

i have velotec and Spin 11 gear. Would recommend both

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭derealbadger

godtabh wrote: »
    i have velotec and Spin 11 gear. Would recommend both

Spin stuff is not great imo current boards stuff is way superior

I've sent off inquiries to several companies there.

What I might do is see can we get a sample jersey and possibly bibs from a few of them, and then if some Dublin based boardsies want to meet up some afternoon or something and I can bring them along and comparisons can be made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

Just added for a Medium SS, LS and Bibs. Cheers stetyrrell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Dotsie~tmp

Vote for polish-style non-black shorts. Give the ladies somehing to giggle about.

polish-1.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Put me down for a jersey. Do I put my name down here or on the spreadsheet

miju wrote: »
    Put me down for a jersey. Do I put my name down here or on the spreadsheet

Stick it in the spreadsheet, along with your size under the column(s) of what you want in the order.

So the results are in from the qualifier poll, I'll post a new thread tomorrow with the 4 options for the final colour scheme.

Exciting.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,476 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

the cofidis boards gear I have has 2 sizes on it, one with a UK flag and one with a Portuguese one, which one is to be used?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

So the results are in from the qualifier poll, I'll post a new thread tomorrow with the 4 options for the final colour scheme.

Exciting.

I call shenanigans as the poll was closed at 23.59! ;)

the cofidis boards gear I have has 2 sizes on it, one with a UK flag and one with a Portuguese one, which one is to be used?

We haven't really decided on a supplier yet, so details have to be confirmed.

I'll be getting samples from Spin11 and Lucca Sports over the next couple of weeks, so if people want to meet up and bring the Velotec and Cofidis gear and we could decide on which is the best quality and bang for the buck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

Id be interested in a few bits as well, but wont add to the spredsheet untiil the supplier and costs are finalised

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭MrJetlag

My 2 cents - I think the jersey colours should be reversed. More pink like the T- Mobile/ Deutsche Telekom Jerseys.
    The reason apart from looking cool is it would make the high viz to other road users and in dusk/dawn.
    Saw a guy in the Pink T Mobile jersey as also same guy in Z team jerseys on my commute in from Swords.
    Can't miss him and he does look cool as f*ck.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭MrJetlag

godtabh wrote: »
    Can you do one with blood red?

Pinktastic looks awesome

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

• Registered Users Posts: 24,476 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

MrJetlag wrote: »
    The reason apart from looking cool is it would make the high viz to other road users and in dusk/dawn.

there's always one...

That's what lights are for.

Hard to argue with the results of the polls, at the moment Lime green has nearly 50% of the vote so I think the chances are that'll be the one we're going for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Hard to argue with the results of the polls, at the moment Lime green has nearly 50% of the vote so I think the chances are that'll be the one we're going for.

I call shenanigans!

Vive le pink!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

Is there enough interest to make an order of both pink and lime possible ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Here, lads, if you were a hefty lump like myself what size bibs would you get? I wear an XL in Alutra and they fit grand, would these be similar?

Seaneh wrote: »
    Here, lads, if you were a hefty lump like myself what size bibs would you get? I wear an XL in Alutra and they fit grand, would these be similar?
    The sizing chart is pretty accurate.

ProTip though: If you're aiming on doing more cycling, buy a size smaller. My two original boards jerseys are now huge on me and look kind of ridiculous. I just use them for commuting, I can't do proper spins with them any more. I have a long sleeve which is a smaller size and fits much better, but no use for the summer.

One of the great things about bib shorts is that they have a corset effect, so even if your jersey is a little small, the bib shorts stop you from looking as "bumpy" as you otherwise might :D

ror_74 wrote: »
    Is there enough interest to make an order of both pink and lime possible ?

All depends on which supplier we go with, but if we go with Carvahlo then probably not.