Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey - Order closed - *Payments due by 3 September*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭flatface

Any chance of doing some form of ranking rather than just vote for your favourite? Not sure if there's a handy website out there that would allow people fill in choices of 1- however many options.

I like this idea as there are so many options. I did a quick test on SurveyMonkey where your can drag and drop to change the ranking.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,609 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Well the poll is up and running here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056993789#

It's a bit messy but the best I could do on this piece of junk.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

put the name down for a ss top and bibshorts, keep the pink its rocking ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

Quick question. On the spreadsheet there is mention of a winter jacket. Looking at the carvalho site there are 4 jackets, which jacket is the one being ordered?
    Also, they mention new wider sizing, this is very appealing to me :o, is this an option ?

dub_skav wrote: »
    Quick question. On the spreadsheet there is mention of a winter jacket. Looking at the carvalho site there are 4 jackets, which jacket is the one being ordered?
    Also, they mention new wider sizing, this is very appealing to me :o, is this an option ?

I'll have to talk to the supplier.

At the moment I'm in contact with a fellow boardsie who runs luccasports, and their elite range which is supposed to be good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Not to be a pain in the preverbial, but I can't see any of the pics being posted here in work. I'm assuming they're being hosted on imageshack or something?
    Anyways, is there any chance they can be hosted/attached locally?:o

Edit: Yera never mind. I'll wait until I get home.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Thanks Stetyrrell for coordinating. Added a M SS order to list. A change to the previous pink version would be preferable, so voted accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭boydkev

Added Medium SS and Bib Shorts to the list

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭red man walking

I added xxxl s/s jersey and xxxl bib shorts

• Registered Users Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭nilhg

modea wrote: »
    so you would recommend the XL nilhg? I'm 6', 89kg. Just want to make sure before I put my money where my mouth is.

Cheers!!

Only getting back to this now and it seems Velotec won't be the supplier so this is probably moot but XL should be fine for you as long as you like your gear to be tightish fitting or don't want to wear too many layers underneath.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Super Freak

Love this :)

I suggested it last time but there was no changes made. Don't like the lime:D

flatface wrote: »
    I still like the pink best - what about inverted?
    5XjsYM.jpg

Love this :)

I suggested it last time but there was no changes made. Don't like the lime:D

I'd suggest you have a look at the colour change thread and vote in the poll then, because the lime logo is the number 1 choice at the moment ;)

Right, so now we have to choose a supplier.

Velotec seems to be a no-no, as we've had a few users weigh in and say they're rubbish.

So the choice is between Carvahlo, the usual supplier, and an Irish company Lucca Sports.

Carvahlo is €34 for a ss jersey, €42 for a ls jersey, €49 for bib shorts, €52 for a training jacket and €51 for a gilet. These prices are without VAT and shipping costs. They've done a couple of orders for the forum and everyone always seems to be happy with the quality etc.

Lucca Sports on the other hand is run by a boards member, and is an Irish company, so it would be nice to support an Irish business. But, the prices are more expensive. The gear is all under the brand Verge, which seems to be popular in the states, and they said they will send out samples in the first week of August so we can see the quality.

€40 for a ss jersey, €45 for shorts, €50 for a ls jersey, €50 for a gilet and I haven't been given a price on jackets but they said they have them. They said this is their 'elite' line, which they recommend, and that there is cheaper versions if we were interested. All prices are without VAT again.

So I guess it's up to everyone else which they would prefer, I have no problem with either.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

I vote for Lucca sport, Carvahlo is decent but a little better quality wouldn't hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Mr.Fred

Does anybody know if the quality of Lucca sport is actually better. Elite line sounds good but may just be a fancy name. I'm all for supporting an Irish co. though. I'm easy either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Are there are any Irish clubs using Lucca for their gear? Maybe ask the boardsie in question. Then we can annoy those clubs to see what they think of their gear.

I'm willing to pay an extra 20% if it's going to an Irish company and it's good stuff.

Unless the lime one wins. Just. No.

The boardsie runs the company. He says they've done orders for Kilcullen CC and a new Cork club, so if anyone has any contacts for Kilcullen or knows of a Cork club using Verge kits that'd be great.

Just in case anyone's worried about the colour choice thread, my plan is to close the poll after a week, and start a new thread/poll with the top 3 choices from the old poll. Except this time it'll be 1 vote per person, so you'll be voting on the one you want the most.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

seamus wrote: »

Unless the lime one wins. Just. No.

This.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tacklemore

Stuck my name down for a ss top. Also voted on the colours, looks like the pink combinations won't make the grade, pity cos I've seen a few of them here and there, and they're instantly recognisable. 3/4s the reason I wanted one!! Well, I'll go with the democratic vote.

Quick thought, if there's enough people interested in a certain colour scheme that isn't the one voted for, we may be able to add in a seperate order depending on the numbers, and which supplier we go with.

John over at Lucca Sport said they need a minimum order of 6 for each item, I'm sure if there were enough people who refused to buy the other colour we might be able to sweet talk him into doing a run of the other colour also. It might work out a little more expensive for those interested, and would have to be short sleeve only more than likely.

Just a thought.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,476 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

I see no reason to go with Lucca sport unless they can do it cheaper and the quality is the same. Unproven, more expensive: isn't worth the risk IMO.

In reality the jerseys are coming from the US so this "irish" company is just an intermediary

I see no reason to go with Lucca sport unless they can do it cheaper and the quality is the same. Unproven, more expensive: isn't worth the risk IMO.

In reality the jerseys are coming from the US so this "irish" company is just an intermediary

As far as I was told, they come straight from the manufacturer in Poland, I think Verge is just a brand like Cofidis that Carvahlo use.

I don't mind either way, I was just thinking it'd be nice to go with an Irish company. They also said they'd post out some samples in the first week of August so we'd get to see first hand what the stuff's like.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭flatface

stetyrrell wrote: »
    Quick thought, if there's enough people interested in a certain colour scheme that isn't the one voted for, we may be able to add in a seperate order depending on the numbers, and which supplier we go with.

John over at Lucca Sport said they need a minimum order of 6 for each item, I'm sure if there were enough people who refused to buy the other colour we might be able to sweet talk him into doing a run of the other colour also. It might work out a little more expensive for those interested, and would have to be short sleeve only more than likely.

Just a thought.....

This sounds good. I would also like the pink so we could do a 10 run of diehards

flatface wrote: »
    This sounds good. I would also like the pink so we could do a 10 run of diehards

It'll all depend on what design gets picked, and also if the suppliers are willing to do it. It might even have to be put in as a seperate order which means losing a discount and paying shipping again though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Hunterbiker

I like the idea of a change in colour for each order.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

I'm in for a short sleeve jersey and have updated the spreadsheet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭mcgratheoin

I'm happy to go with the Irish company - will fill in the spreadsheet once the colour is chosen

I'm not a huge fan of two different colours in this order - I think it's nice to have distinct generations of boards kit.

Anyone else want to weigh in on which supplier we should choose?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

If the quality of the boardsie's company is equal to/superior to that of the other company I would be willing to pay the extra few €€ for the Irish company

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭tfrancer

stetyrrell wrote: »
    Anyone else want to weigh in on which supplier we should choose?

I would be inclined to stick with Carvalho. People are familiar with their sizing and overall are happy with their jerseys.

Advertisement