Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey - Order closed - *Payments due by 3 September*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

I absolutely love the turquoise, and the orange. The only one I don't like is the pinktastic

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

lads how is the fit for people who have worn a large or xl and weight etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

stetyrrell wrote: »
    Right so I've pm'd the powers that be about a colour change, and once we get the go ahead I'll start a new thread with the designs and a poll. Great stuff flatface, thanks again.

There shouldn't be a problem -while blue is the default theme for boards, you can change it in your control panel, so there's not really a 'corporate' colour palette for the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Mr.Fred

flatface wrote: »
    OK did some quick shop colour changes to give an idea. Think it may need a poll!

limey:
    6VNyx3.jpg

I'd like to see this with boards in black.

The turquoise and grey looks the part aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Mr.Fred

There shouldn't be a problem -while blue is the default theme for boards, you can change it in your control panel, so there's not really a 'corporate' colour palette for the site.

My boards.iepage is in a charcoal black theme. looks sweet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,609 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

So we have permission from Boards head office, just waiting on the mods to reply.

I'll have a thread and poll up and running this afternoon hopefully, and everyone in 410 can decided on a colour scheme (and hopefully it'll get us a few more orders).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Is there any way of changing the design completely? Not just the colours I mean

Zyzz wrote: »

A lot of hassle. A hell of a lot of hassle. It'd mean getting a whole new design done and voted on, and the manufacturers have the old design on file.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭flatface

This would need to be your own mont ventoux

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

It's a can of worms but don't let that stop you.

Can we have loads of skulls, tiger stripes in dayglo pink and orange, my name in flames and a picture of Marco Pantani smiling down at a puppy from heaven?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭mcgratheoin

Any chance of doing some form of ranking rather than just vote for your favourite? Not sure if there's a handy website out there that would allow people fill in choices of 1- however many options.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,711 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

So we have permission from Boards head office, just waiting on the mods to reply.

I'll have a thread and poll up and running this afternoon hopefully, and everyone in 410 can decided on a colour scheme (and hopefully it'll get us a few more orders).

If the Boards Head Office have OK'd it that's the important thing. It's over to you guys to agree what colour scheme you want

A lot of hassle. A hell of a lot of hassle. It'd mean getting a whole new design done and voted on, and the manufacturers have the old design on file.

Carvalho have both the original (blue/orange), and the black/pink one on file afaik.

Note that even changing a single colour may well incur the same setup charges as if you changed the entire design, so aside from the hassle/voting required, it's probably no more expensive to do a whole new scheme than changing a single colour

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Any chance of doing some form of ranking rather than just vote for your favourite? Not sure if there's a handy website out there that would allow people fill in choices of 1- however many options.
    That's messy as hell

Come up with a final list of variants (max: 25) and set up a single multi-select poll for a week. Design with the most votes is the one you go with.

If you don't know how to set up a multi-select poll, I'll do it.

Carvalho have both the original (blue/orange), and the black/pink one on file afaik.

Note that even changing a single colour may well incur the same setup charges as if you changed the entire design, so aside from the hassle/voting required, it's probably no more expensive to do a whole new scheme than changing a single colour

Carvahlo have said there will be no setup charges for a colour change once the design is the same.

All new designs not only have to be voted for by the forum, but also have to voted on at the boards headquarters etc because we're using their logo. To be honest I don't want the hassle, the current design is great and ready to go more or less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

daragh_ wrote: »
    It's a can of worms but don't let that stop you.

Can we have loads of skulls, tiger stripes in dayglo pink and orange, my name in flames and a picture of Marco Pantani smiling down at a puppy from heaven?

If we can't have this I think the Gray and Turquoise is the one to go for.

All new designs also have to voted on at the boards headquarters etc because we're using their logo.

That's new then -wasn't the case with the original jerseys -they just said off you go!

I'll shut up now, cos all my info is out of date :)

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭derealbadger

godtabh wrote: »
    Can you do one with blood red?

The pink is a really top looking jersey my second choice would be the lime green

boards blu
    4GNDC2.jpg

excuse the dodgy photoshop, in a rush

OK did some quick shop colour changes to give an idea. Think it may need a poll!

limey:
    6VNyx3.jpg

pinktastic:
    56efFs.jpg

old yeller:
    8mUwdu.jpg

I quite like the original to be honest, how about just changing the shoulder or some detail so that each year it gets more and more pink, so we can gently ease towards a full pink jersey?

pinkier:
    7eHQz5.jpg

this is the one i wanted to bump back up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

That's new then -wasn't the case with the original jerseys -they just said off you go!
    Branding, innit.

Really they just want to be sure that we're not printing, "Go and fnck yourselves you knacker pricks" on the back of the jersey or something.

HQ aren't going to refuse any design for spurious reasons of colour or whatever. It's a formality

seamus wrote: »
    Branding, innit.

Really they just want to be sure that we're not printing, "Go and fnck yourselves you knacker pricks" on the back of the jersey or something.

HQ aren't going to refuse any design for spurious reasons of colour or whatever. It's a formality

That's what I meant I guess -we did show em the design, but it wasn't as if they came back with 'tweak this colour here, that one there" sorta thing

Right we're just missing one more mock up colour scheme if some kind person wouldn't mind doing it; Lime green base with the boards etc in black.

Then I'll get the voting thread going.

Yay, great fun.

One other thing i would say is the black background jersey is hot in hot weather if you know what i mean

I still like the pink best - what about inverted?
    5XjsYM.jpg

Right we're just missing one more mock up colour scheme if some kind person wouldn't mind doing it; Lime green base with the boards etc in black.

5UTLPP.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

5UTLPP.jpg

OMG.. i need a new pair of bib shorts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭tfrancer

Then I'll get the voting thread going.

Yay, great fun.

Just added my name to spreadsheet: 1 SS Jersey and 1 LS Jersey, both in XXL.

Many thanks for undertaking this..........much appreciated.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Boards Blue, Inverted, and turquoise ones are best. Not so keen on the lime green.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I am defintely getting a top havent decided on long/short sleeve yet but bib shorts will be dependent on what the colour scheme is

Advertisement