Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey - Order closed - *Payments due by 3 September*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

how do we collect or receive the jerserys once ordered? Do we collect from the supplier ourselves?

And how do we pay - presume Paypal?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,631 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

bazermc wrote: »
    how do we collect or receive the jerserys once ordered? Do we collect from the supplier ourselves?

And how do we pay - presume Paypal?

Supplier ships the order out to me, and I'll be sorting out postage etc for those outside of Dublin, and hopefully I'll be able to arrange some dropoffs around Dublin with the help of some boardsies.

Paypal is the preferred method of payment, but if needs be I could take bank transfers and possibly cash if I absolutely had to.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I'd advise you to keep it as simple as possible. One method of payment. Assume postage to everyone

Postage can be tricky and you can lose a few quid if you don't get it right so overestimate it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭mcgratheoin

godtabh wrote: »
    I'd advise you to keep it as simple as possible. One method of payment. Assume postage to everyone

Postage can be tricky and you can lose a few quid if you don't get it right so overestimate it

Yep. Set a date for the order to be submitted and anyone who hasn't ponied up the dough by then is cut out of the order. Assume postage - and if there's a euro or so left over from people who end up collecting their gear you can ask them if they want to donate it to charity - just hand over all the excess to someplace at the end.

If you've online banking, it should be easy enough to keep track of stuff via bank transfer- just make sure everyone puts their name in the transaction.
    (paypal suits most people either)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Any update on this lads.... final prices etc.

• Advertisement

Leslie91 wrote: »
    Any update on this lads.... final prices etc.

+1 wouldnt mind having jersey ready for the SKT

Verge samples are on their way to me as we speak so I'll have a supplier sorted soon.

100% won't have these for the SKT I'm afraid, we're talking mid-September before we get out hands on the actual jerseys.

Deadline for payment is set for the 1st of September at the moment, I'll have the PayPal and final prices soon.

stetyrrell wrote: »
    Verge samples are on their way to me as we speak so I'll have a supplier sorted soon.

100% won't have these for the SKT I'm afraid, we're talking mid-September before we get out hands on the actual jerseys.

Deadline for payment is set for the 1st of September at the moment, I'll have the PayPal and final prices soon.

Great, ready for next years TDF would be fine with me ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭slap/dash

just added myself on there with my usual sizing. assuming we will find out the supplier before things are finalized. i really liked the look of the watt gear, myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,871 ✭✭✭Soarer

Not to be putting pressure on, but any movement on this? Twould be great to have my lovely new lime Boards jersey for The Rebel Tour!

• Advertisement

Sorry about the delay lads, been a bit hectic with work and a few other bits.

Verge jerseys came in the post this morning, I'll do another write up later. Lets just say I'll have a hard time deciding who to go with.

stetyrrell wrote: »
    Lets just say I'll have a hard time deciding who to go with.

Ask your Ma again :D

Ask your Ma again :D

Or I'll ask her later if you want! ;)

Sorry, couldn't resist! :rolleyes:

Anyone want to take Soarer's place on the spreadsheet then :D

Nipped home to take photos, reviews will come later, including Mammy's rundown. Photo heavy post, took the time to take decent photos so you can see the stitching etc. It'd be great to hear people's opinions on which one to go with.

Verge Elite jersey, race fit.
    _D200103_zpscf6cca8c.jpg
    _D200104_zps8e6db245.jpg
    _D200111_zps381cbb8c.jpg

Verge Elite bibs
    _D200106_zpsce941049.jpg
    _D200105_zpsa84f11a4.jpg

Watt Kilowatt jersey vs Verge Elite jersey
    _D200109_zps24b8640c.jpg
    _D200110_zps6584a387.jpg
    _D200115_zpse9a5a5e9.jpg
    _D200114_zps73a1623f.jpg
    _D200112_zpsffe2be11.jpg
    _D200113_zps80dde980.jpg

Verge Elite bibs vs Watt bibs
    _D200107_zps5fc6ad68.jpg
    Verge chamois on the left, Watt on the right
    _D200108_zps0ab25628.jpg
    Stitching on Verge bibs
    _D200116_zps4e9897c2.jpg
    Stitching on Watt bibs
    _D200117_zps7f15fabf.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭marcofan

Verge Elite jersey will have a fully hidden zip, samples came with zips as pictured but will not be the case for production jerseys

Cheers for that. The verge do look good. Only that I have a verge jersey...unsure if its the same one, but I find it cut very baggy and rarely wear it for that reason
    I'd also be inclined towards watt coz of the huge verge branding decals.

Still, verge chamois looks a bit better.

Overall I still lean towards watt. Maybe it's the Samuel Beckett reference!:p

These verge jerseys are 'race cut', if anything is suggest ordering a size up. I'm usually an XL in jerseys and the Verge is fairly tight in XL

verge jerseys can also come in club cut so the length of the jersey stays the same the dimensions of the neck etc stay the same its just there is a bit more material around the stomack of the jersey for a bit more relaxed fit, as stetryrell said these are race fit

branding is big on the sample jerseys...have to get the name a bit of visibility:) but all branding that will be on the final jersey will be reviewed by the customer first

marcofan wrote: »
    verge jerseys can also come in club cut so the length of the jersey stays the same the dimensions of the neck etc stay the same its just there is a bit more material around the stomack of the jersey for a bit more relaxed fit, as stetryrell said these are race fit

I do like the sound of the club cut! *beefcake*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Hunterbiker

Yes as a salad dodger myself cluc cut sounds ideal!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Any idea on pricing yet?

Roughly worked out including VAT it'll be
    €40 for the ss jersey
    €45 for bib shorts
    Prices on the long sleeves will be around €50 ish, not confirmed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Hmmm, more than I'd expected... I must ponder.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Soarer wrote: »
    I do like the sound of the club cut! *beefcake*
    Yes as a salad dodger myself cluc cut sounds ideal!

and what are those of us who are of a skinnier disposition?

although i suppose it could be useful...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Mr.Fred

I'd be a vote for the race cut myself :)

Although I may well be in denial ;)

Seaneh wrote: »
    Hmmm, more than I'd expected... I must ponder.

Look at it this way - a set of basic DHB bib shorts ones are €40 and their jerseys are around €30 - both of these probably a lower spec than what the boards ones will be.

So the question is, are you willing to throw an extra tenner at a set of kit to get it decked out in the boards logo and lime green?

These would be a lot better than your basic bibs and shorts, and you get the joy of being spotted in the Boards Jersey Sightings thread :p

if ye go Verge or Watt the quality will be waaayyy better, get on board!!!

• Advertisement

Any word on the summer weight jacket saga?

Advertisement