Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey - Order closed - *Payments due by 3 September*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Added my order :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I'll put my name down but will confirm order once we know supplier/design/cost

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭ruffmut

I have my name down also for SS and LS jersey and winter jacket but will confirm order once we know supplier/design/cost

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Mr.Fred

I'm back in now colour change is back in play. :D

I like the sounds of the Lime Green/Black. Orange/Black

Maybe replace the pink and white with lime green and black writing. Replacing the black with LG might be harsh on the eye. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,993 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I'm down for a XL LS jersey. Lime green sounds nice but I'm happy with whatever

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Hunterbiker

Added a SS jersey and a winter jacket to spreadsheet.

Deffo change in colour Green instead of black sounds good but so does the pink black reversal and green pink combo....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

I think yiz are making a big mistake taking out the pink :D but then I'm biased.

Saying that an all black version would be nifty.

Fair play to stetyrrell for taking on the pain and suffering of doing the order.

You might want to run a poll to decide on the colour change. Also any changes need to be sent to the mod and DAV to ensure Boards are happy with it before you press the button.

I have the original artwork files if anyone needs them.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Replace the pink with blood red? Not a major departure (so it still looks like a boards jersey), but doesn't offend those who aren't manly enough to wear hot pink.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

modea wrote: »
    so you would recommend the XL nilhg? I'm 6', 89kg. Just want to make sure before I put my money where my mouth is.

Cheers!!

Thats what I ordered the last time and I'm close to you
    seamus wrote: »
    Replace the pink with blood red? Not a major departure (so it still looks like a boards jersey), but doesn't offend those who aren't manly enough to wear hot pink.

I suggested something similar on the last order. I'd go with that

• Registered Users Posts: 21,609 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

daragh_ wrote: »
    I think yiz are making a big mistake taking out the pink :D but then I'm biased.

Saying that an all black version would be nifty.

Fair play to stetyrrell for taking on the pain and suffering of doing the order.

You might want to run a poll to decide on the colour change. Also any changes need to be sent to the mod and DAV to ensure Boards are happy with it before you press the button.

I have the original artwork files if anyone needs them.

If you could send me the files Daragh that'd be great, I'll pm you my email address.

Plan is to set up a seperate thread with a poll for the colour change, once we get the designs done up for each suggestion, just so as other boardsies know what we're doing and don't get extremely jealous when they see the new snazzy jerseys on the road ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,143 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

As it's only a colour change and not a new design, will Dav et al. still have to sign off on it? Might want to drop him a PM either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Paranoid Mandroid

I added my order for

Long sleeve Jersey: XL
    Bib Shorts: XL

Much appreciated.

I think this would look great:
    seamus wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭flatface

I have added my order and a counts row to the google doc. Want me to photoshop up some colours?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

Just a suggestion but for the Colour what about changing the black to a gray and the pink to a dayglo yellow, orange or pink? Or perhaps even a turquoise?

flatface wrote: »
    I have added my order and a counts row to the google doc. Want me to photoshop up some colours?

I think some of the suppliers have programs that allow you to generate the design easily enough

OK did some quick shop colour changes to give an idea. Think it may need a poll!

limey:
    6VNyx3.jpg

pinktastic:
    56efFs.jpg

old yeller:
    8mUwdu.jpg

I quite like the original to be honest, how about just changing the shoulder or some detail so that each year it gets more and more pink, so we can gently ease towards a full pink jersey?

pinkier:
    7eHQz5.jpg

If anyone's interested in doing the designs, pm me with an email address and I'll send them the files and a list of the proposed colour changes, and we'll get a seperate thread going.

flatface wrote: »
    OK did some quick shop colour changes to give an idea. Think it may need a poll!

limey:
    6VNyx3.jpg

pinktastic:
    56efFs.jpg

old yeller:
    8mUwdu.jpg

I quite like the original to be honest, how about just changing the shoulder or some detail so that each year it gets more and more pink, so we can gently ease towards a full pink jersey?

pinkier:
    7eHQz5.jpg

Can you do one with blood red?

The list of proposed changes are:

Lime green base, with the original pink sections being changed to black. White stays as is.

Black base, change pink to lime green

Black base, change pink to blue.

Black base change pink to blood red

Pink base, change previous pink sections to black.

Grey base, change pink to orange

Grey base, change pink to turquoise.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭AssaultedPeanut

I have to say I like the sound of grey and turquoise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

stetyrrell wrote: »

That one sounds good.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

stetyrrell wrote: »
    The list of proposed changes are:

Lime green base, with the original pink sections being changed to black. White stays as is.

Black base, change pink to blue.

Pink base, change previous pink sections to black.

Grey base, change pink to turquoise.

Black base change pink to orange

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Hunterbiker

What about Boards.ie blue as a base?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Lime green wins for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

I like the idea of keeping the boards blue color as the secondary, so the logo is the same as on the website etc.

4FGciL.jpg

8k9r4c.jpg

Grey base, change pink to turquoise
    87GvDT.jpg

Grey base, pink
    4EUfKS.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Also like the tourquise!

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Cyclewizard

Turquoise is very nice but they're all pretty good to be honest. Impressive

Right so I've pm'd the powers that be about a colour change, and once we get the go ahead I'll start a new thread with the designs and a poll. Great stuff flatface, thanks again.

Carvalho replied to me in the mean time. They're closed for the first two weeks in August, so the plan is to set a deadline on our end for the 3rd week in August. This includes payment, which will be set up soon. So we can expect the jerseys around mid-September I assume.

They've also sent me an order form/price list, but it's a macro in excel and I can't open macros on this laptop, so I'll have to wait until tomorrow when I'm home.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

I am all for the pinktastic in flatface fisrt colour change.

Advertisement