Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey - Order closed - *Payments due by 3 September*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

As long as you have pay pal and can do your somes your flying

I'd be interested in a winter jacket/bib shorts/leggings

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭McGrath5

I'm in, a jersey, jacket and some leggings would be of interest to me. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

I'd defo be interested in a jersey and some bib shorts!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Right so I suppose we should start making a list then?

There needs to be a minimum order of 10 of each item. So there would need to be 10 people interested in winter jackets to get the jackets, 10 for leggings etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Mr.Fred

has anybody got a price list?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

Put me down for a mouse mat please, and some pogs :)

Right, so here's a very basic Google Spreadsheet that I've set up to get a list going of who's interested.

Include your username in the far left column, and then put YES under the title of each column that you're interested in.
    For eg, if you wanted a SS jersey and bibs, put YES under the bibs column and the ss jersey column.

If there's anything else someone wants or can think of, feel free to add a column.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Avvd2VN36nT_dGtiaUJ4dTFaY2Fuam01bEZhTTFQQ0E&usp=sharing

stetyrrell wrote: »
    Right, so here's a very basic Google Spreadsheet that I've set up to get a list going of who's interested.

Include your username in the far left column, and then put YES under the title of each column that you're interested in.
    For eg, if you wanted a SS jersey and bibs, put YES under the bibs column and the ss jersey column.

If there's anything else someone wants or can think of, feel free to add a column.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Avvd2VN36nT_dGtiaUJ4dTFaY2Fuam01bEZhTTFQQ0E&usp=sharing

Sizes next to yes perhaps.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

some info here might help

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056785174
    godtabh wrote: »
    Next week I will be putting in an order for this

boards_kit_2010.jpg

with these lads

http://www.velotec.co.uk/index.html

Sizes can be found here

Cost can be found here

If we have between 30-50 orders the costs will be as follows

In order for me to include you in the order post once and once only. Keep discussion to the other thread

If you wish to place an order please state the following

Item of clothing wanted, size required and amount required

eg

Jersey, XL, 1
    Shorts, XL, 2
    etc
    etc

It has been suggested also to include measurements for a better fit (again all discussion on the other thread).

At 1 next Friday (26th Oct) I'll ask for the thread to be closed and I will tally the order and get a final price.

At 1 on the 2nd of Nov I will place the order so all payments would need to be in then.

Any questions PM me or post on the thread

There will be a 4 week turnaround on the order[/QUOTE]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Ste
    I will give ya a hand if you wanna you use my paypal and help out with deliveries.
    Are you not puttin in for a winter jacket?

• Advertisement

Who are you ordering off? Velotec offered a good price last time and upped the spec on the gear at no cost. I've a few contacts in there from the last order

Are ye goin pink again or will there be a redesign?

I haven't contacted any suppliers yet, but Velotec seem like a good option, seems to be cheaper than Carvalho and don't take a summer break.

The spreadsheet's open for anyone to edit, so if there's an item you want that isn't included.

That'd be great Brian, from the sounds of it I'll need as much help as I can get.

I'm just about to leg it out the door to go to Tipperary until Wednesday, so I'll only be able to get online with the phone the odd time.

Mr.Fred wrote: »
    Are ye goin pink again or will there be a redesign?

Same design.

I'm out so Good Luck with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

Velotec are good.

Right, so for now the plan is to go with Velotec, so I've updated the original post with their sizing chart, you might want to check the spreadsheet to see if you have the right size.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Well get a price for a winter jacket and other stuff when you can and we will take it from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭McGrath5

I'll certainly get a jersey, if you could get a price for the winter jacket that would be great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

Can I suggest same design with a different colour, purely for the purposes of distinguishing "editions" of the jersey?

• Advertisement

Right I've emailed Velotec for prices of all the items, I'll try and keep everyone updated.

If everyone is in favour of changing the colour scheme of the jersey I'll look into it. I assume you're all not manly enough for the pink, hence the complaints?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LeftBlank

I haven't contacted any suppliers yet, but Velotec seem like a good option, seems to be cheaper than Carvalho and don't take a summer break.

From the reports after the last couple of orders, Carvalho appear to be far better quality. I can't comment because I only ever got the Carvalho gear but the quality of it was decent.

LeftBlank wrote: »
    From the reports after the last couple of orders, Carvalho appear to be far better quality. I can't comment because I only ever got the Carvalho gear but the quality of it was decent.

What reports?

I've the velotec gear and its as good as any club gear I have (spin11 stuff)

Here's the pricelist from Velotec http://www.scribd.com/doc/153908768/Velotec-Pricelist

Forget the last post, we'll truck ahead with the order for now and see what happens.

Lead time from Velotec is nearly 6 weeks they've quoted, so it's a case of getting a full order in as soon as we can. In order to get an item ordered, there needs to be 10 people ordering it, so get spamming and see if people are interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭flatface

I'll go for a ss jersey full zip.

What is the sizing like on the jerseys - how long a fit? Shapewise I would be a beanpole so by the chart should be a medium except i am 6'1"
    I have a medium craft jersey which has a nice long fit but went for a large Scott Odlo jersey as the medium felt a bit short.

Right lads, quick check in on the phone.

Would people be in favour of keeping the same design, but replacing the pink with blue? Just to boost numbers for the order.

flatface wrote: »
    I'll go for a ss jersey full zip.

What is the sizing like on the jerseys - how long a fit? Shapewise I would be a beanpole so by the chart should be a medium except i am 6'1"
    I have a medium craft jersey which has a nice long fit but went for a large Scott Odlo jersey as the medium felt a bit short.

I have a large craft jersey, I'm the same height as you but far from a beanpole, and the chart seems to suggest an XXL for me, but I haven't measured myself fully to see. I'd say the best bet is to get the measuring tape out.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Right lads, quick check in on the phone.

Would people be in favour of keeping the same design, but replacing the pink with blue? Just to boost numbers for the order.

I quite like the current kit but maybe it is time for a change, can't keep the same one forever. I'd buy a new jersey and shorts regardless of whether there's a change personally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭derealbadger

I think the Pink is class but you want to have different editions of the jersey I think if you swap the pink and the black around it would be a class jersey and a bit cooler in the summer

Advertisement