Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey - Order closed - *Payments due by 3 September*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,609 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

RIGHT.

So because of how messy the poll has turned out to be, there is a colour choice column added to the spreadsheet. Put your vote for the colour scheme in there and I'll tally them up at the end of next week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Pink to make the girls wink.

Lime is manky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

Lime is Hi-Viz sneaking in through the backdoor.

Pink is for winners....and the Giro is next year lets not forget.

Personally, I think the lime's a great colour, and we have to go with it after my latest purchase...

image_zpsa0788b7e.jpg

:pac:

Its the colour of kryptonite ffs, well known to deplete levels of awesomeness.

At least Gaybo will be happy - ' finally those boardsies are accepting their fredishness being sensible ' :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

ror_74 wrote: »
    Its the colour of kryptonite ffs, well known to deplete levels of awesomeness.

At least Gaybo will be happy - ' finally those boardsies are accepting their fredishness being sensible ' :pac:

I take your kryptonite, and I give you....

Popeye-Wallpaper.jpg

IF SAGAN WEARS LIME GREEN, THEN I'M GOING TO WEAR LIME GREEN.

THAT'S THAT.

Soarer wrote: »
    I take your kryptonite, and I give you....

Spinach

Hmm. Unless they've started growing Spinach inside Sellafield.

Besides, lime is just another way of spelling mile - an imperial unit of measure that has no place in cycling. Read the rules :)

On a different note....

People should order some winter jackets. They look awesome and when winter comes around you don't want to look like a fred with your Aldi/Lidl jackets.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Look awesome in what colour? ;)

• Advertisement

Soarer wrote: »
    Look awesome in what colour? ;)

EVERY COLOUR. In all seriousness though, freds out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Mr.Fred

Ah don't say that. :(:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I'm confused by some many choices, threads, polls, spreadsheets. Can I just give some one some money and do the work for me ?

Back to a little bit of the business side of things.

So I was in DID and bought one of the Temple Street jerseys, and low and behold it turns out it's made by Spin11, which is one of the suppliers being debated. Now the thing is, the jersey was only 20 quid so it's probably not from the same line we would be buying from, but the quality isn't the best.

Would anybody with a higher end Spin11 jersey like to weigh in?

godtabh wrote: »
    I'm confused by some many choices, threads, polls, spreadsheets. Can I just give some one some money and do the work for me ?

Yes yes yes. I take Western Union payment from you, and I contact you in 2 years.

In all seriousness though, I made a blunder with the polls, and they're now being made redundant, so we're just going to stick on the spreadsheet what colour we want.

Messy messy messy messy messy.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I've the Orwell spin gear. Seems grand to me. Could have gone a size up.

I prefer the boards velotec gear

godtabh wrote: »
    I've the Orwell spin gear. Seems grand to me. Could have gone a size up.

I prefer the boards velotec gear

Yeah the DID jersey is decent enough, there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with it in fairness, I just wouldn't justify paying the prices we've been quoted for it if it's the same quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Entry for The Tour of Meath is 30 euro
    You get a free SPIN 11 jersey with entry.
    Quality seems fine to me.

Eamonnator wrote: »
    Entry for The Tour of Meath is 30 euro.
    Entry includes a SPIN 11 jersey.
    Quality seems fine to me.

Jerseys+postage and VAT are working out at just under 40 euro with Spin11 for their 'Performance' range, and just under 50 for the 'Elite' Range.

Wait, I read through the original email with the price lists, and it said they have an 'Event' line which are cheaper again, which I assume are the ones we're talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭PaulT21

stetyrrell wrote: »
    RIGHT.

So because of how messy the poll has turned out to be, there is a colour choice column added to the spreadsheet. Put your vote for the colour scheme in there and I'll tally them up at the end of next week.

stetyrrell, flatface, great job on the whole project so far.
    Im in for a SS Jersey in whatever colour is chosen but would prefer the Cofides gear.
    Cheers:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 jumpgun

Can I get in on the jersey XL for me. like the lime.

Okay then, I shall be attempting to get samples of the Spin11 Elite jerseys and bibs, the Watt Custom Kilowatt jersey and bibs, and later on the Lucca Sport elite jersey and bibs.

Once we get a few samples together, are any boardsies open to meeting up with the Velotec and Cofidis gear to compare, or am I barking up a dead tree?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Just make a choice otherwise it's death by committee

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

stetyrrell wrote: »
    Jerseys+postage and VAT are working out at just under 40 euro with Spin11 for their 'Performance' range, and just under 50 for the 'Elite' Range.

Wait, I read through the original email with the price lists, and it said they have an 'Event' line which are cheaper again, which I assume are the ones we're talking about.

If the elite jerseys from Spin 11 are better than the ones, they give in The Tour of Meath, they should be top notch!

Just make a choice otherwise it's death by committee

I know but I really don't have a clue and we haven't seen the quality of any of the Irish manufacturers, who I personally would like to give the business.

The gear ain't cheap innit fam.

make an executive decision. You'll piss some people off but who cares.

Go with a mid level spin jersey and go with the lime. if people want other gear/colours let them sort it themselfs

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭MrJetlag

I'm confused. What colour are we going with.
    Am I right in saying multiple kit designs are going to be available?

Is the pinktastic kit available?

The colour hasn't been 100% confirmed yet, but going by the voting it's more than likely going to be lime.

I won't be doing multiple colour orders, it's too much hassle. If someone wants to start up a seperate order for the pink kit they're more than welcome.

Watt custom got back to me with some really good prices, and they've done jerseys for Carrick Wheelers and Lucan, and I've seen the jerseys which are decent.

Ss jerseys 31.78 excl vat, ls jerseys a little more (have to get a definite price), bibs 36.58, jackets however are going to come out as nearly 80 euro with vat and postage.

I'm leaning towards this at the moment, unless anyone has concerns.

I know people want Cofidis but they're closed for the first two weeks of August and it's not an Irish business.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

I've seen the carrick jerseys too, they look great. I'd definitely be up for that

Advertisement