Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nice HTC one billpay deal (IMO)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

I did, I even spoke to "Sophie"'s manager "Emily" and then Daryll from talk to O2 came on and told me there was nothing they could do. Guess it just depends who you get.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Issac

I ordered the phone last FrIiday, got a request for a scan of my i.d. & credit card statement Monday (which i emailed in) and then got an email saying that the order was being processed yesterday morning.

I still hadn't heard anything by this morning so I rang the 061 number on the site. To make a long story short my order was cancelled by the security team. The gy said he didn't know why, all looked OK to him, but once the security team said no then that was that :mad:. He then said I could try again in "a couple of months"!!:mad:

I had an account with them previously (PAYG and Broadband dongle), had contracts with Meteor and Three etc. It doesn't make any sense to me. Has anyone else had similar experiences? I've ordered a couple of covers and screen protection for the phone now too :(.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

For anyone porting - here is how it worked for me.

I was sent a new micro sim with an 086 phone number. I was porting an 087 number.

This morning, text message to old phone from O2 telling me to insert new sim into phone(I already had).

New sim activated in HTC (yesterday it was like there was no sim card in it).
    For a little while I seemed to have both old 087 and new 086 working in both old and new phone.

Went away for a bit, came back and old phone with old sim had dead network symbol.

New phone was asking for sim pin - used the sim pin provided and phone came to life as my 087 number. Changed sim pin to match old sim pin.

All seems to be ok.

The bluetooth transfer for contacts was not possible as my old phone was not in the list in the HTCs transfer app (probably too old). However, I was able to bluetooth each contact over one by one as a business card - bit laborious but I had less than 100 after I culled so ok.

Dammer wrote: »
    Just tried it myself... Yep its gone, so glad I ordered earlier today :D phew!

Then I got an unexpected email from fatcheese saying I got another €25 off. :D

Hhhmmmm maybe I should do the Euromillions tonight....

Hi Dammer, was this the very first time you tried to order, had you tried before the website was down over the weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Stormington

Order cancelled due to security reasons.

FFS o2, do you not want customers or something? I thought some of you people might want to keep your jobs after 3 bought you out: I hope heads roll for the crazy security procedures in place.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Stormington

Just did. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Dammer

rickyjb wrote: »
    Hi Dammer, was this the very first time you tried to order, had you tried before the website was down over the weekend?

No, before I ordered I was messing about with validation codes etc.
    Then someone mentioned Fatcheese on this thread. I figured why not join FC and see if I can get another discount.

I registered on the FC website, clicked on the O2 link then proceeded to order a phone, about 9 or 10 days ago... BUT I did not go fully through the online purchase. A week later (yesterday) I ordered the phone on the O2 website.

I have nunerous tabs open on Firefox and I am still logged in to my FC account and the O2 website is also open on another tab.

Thats why I thought it may be a java applet or cookie that allowed O2 to see that I went to O2 via FC and they logged the click to FC.

Hope that might help you...

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Dammer

Order cancelled due to security reasons.

FFS o2, do you not want customers or something? I thought some of you people might want to keep your jobs after 3 bought you out: I hope heads roll for the crazy security procedures in place.

Oh dear! I not looking forward to checking my email when I get home later... :(
    Hope my order was not cancelled.

Oh dear! I not looking forward to checking my email when I get home later... :(
    Hope my order was not cancelled.

You may not get an email, I didn't anyway, I had to call them to find out...

• Advertisement

No, before I ordered I was messing about with validation codes etc.
    Then someone mentioned Fatcheese on this thread. I figured why not join FC and see if I can get another discount.

I registered on the FC website, clicked on the O2 link then proceeded to order a phone, about 9 or 10 days ago... BUT I did not go fully through the online purchase. A week later (yesterday) I ordered the phone on the O2 website.

I have nunerous tabs open on Firefox and I am still logged in to my FC account and the O2 website is also open on another tab.

Thats why I thought it may be a java applet or cookie that allowed O2 to see that I went to O2 via FC and they logged the click to FC.

Hope that might help you...

I was more thinking that the orders were coming up as duplicates or something like that and maybe that's why they were all getting cancelled. Hopefully one of the O2 reps will have an explanation soon but I'm not holding my breath.

I did try Meteor again and was offered the phone for 200 on a 25.50 a month 18 month contract, which is not too bad. I probably would've ordered it there and then if their bloody website hadn't stopped working as well. Why do communications companies have the worst websites!!:confused:

So - will I be cheeky and request the unlock code today, or wait til next week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

today, so we can all know :D

today, so we can all know :D

Hhhmmmm.... trying to do it from MyO2 but each time I click the "Request Unlock Code" link the site falls apart with "Oops. That's Embarrassing. (Error 502)"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,443 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

There's more than that embarrasing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Gavman84

I just got my tracking info for mine so looks like went through ok I only used the 20% off code tho. Hopefully have it tomorrow some time! Ordered it yesterday morning around 10.30

When did you order?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Gavman84

I ordered it yesterday morning around 10.30 and it went through first go for me.

So it must be the use of fetcheese that caused the security alert. Or did anyone here that used fatcheese get the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Issac wrote: »
    So it must be the use of fetcheese that caused the security alert. Or did anyone here that used fatcheese get the phone?

I used it and got the phone, but it didn't track with fatcheese (they registered the click but not the order).

• Advertisement

mcgovern wrote: »
    I used it and got the phone, but it didn't track with fatcheese (they registered the click but not the order).

Ya, I was the same. Clicked but never tracked. Stranger this is getting...

Edit: Actually when I say clicked I mean I went through the Fatcheese portal to the O2 site. Is that what you meant?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Issac wrote: »
    Ya, I was the same. Clicked but never tracked. Stranger this is getting...

Edit: Actually when I say clicked I mean I went through the Fatcheese portal to the O2 site. Is that what you meant?

Yep, and if I go to the "Clicks" tab on fatcheese, it has a record of me going to o2 website, but they don't have the order. I opened a ticket anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,114 ✭✭✭dinneenp

I've ordered through Fatcheese, been in touch with O2 chat, O2 support on the phone, checked online for best thin case, apps etc.
    When/if it finally arrives....."I don't like it."
    (Little Britian)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Finally got mine this evening, ordered Friday before 9am.

I also went through fatcheese, it shows the 3 attempts over 3 days to get it, but denies I have any clicks to O2 when I tried to submit a ticket, yet the clicks show on my page.
    I emailed them to complain!

Waiting for everything to transfer from old phone, then I'll have a play around.
    Just have to wait for my number to port on Wednesday next week now.

Just to add, still nothing from O2, no emails, no request of i.d., bills, proof of address, nothing. This happen to anyone else?
    Oh and they haven't charged me yet either...shhhhhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭maki

mymo wrote: »
    I also went through fatcheese, it shows the 3 attempts over 3 days to get it, but denies I have any clicks to O2 when I tried to submit a ticket, yet the clicks show on my page.
    I emailed them to complain!

The clicks won't show up on the claim page until 7 days have passed. They want you to wait that long just in case there's some sort of delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Does anyone know whether you can get this deal in the O2 shops, or is it only online?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Cianos wrote: »
    Does anyone know whether you can get this deal in the O2 shops, or is it only online?

Thanks

The extra €100 off is an online only offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭skyhighflyer

Ordered mine yesterday morning, got tracking number and confirmation of dispatch this evening, sweet!

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭oxygen

Going to order this later today or tomorrow, its a cracking deal tbf.

There are alot of pages in this thread. Does anyone know is the code still July2013? And this only offers %10 off the €200 now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭fran426ft

The 10% Code is AFF2013PREM

Advertisement