Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nice HTC one billpay deal (IMO)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Just ordered one and fingers crossed it won't be cancelled. Anyone had any luck in obtaining a network unlock code from O2??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Just ordered one and fingers crossed it won't be cancelled. Anyone had any luck in obtaining a network unlock code from O2??

Yeah, requested it the day I received the phone, got it the next day.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Cianos wrote: »
    In case anyone's interested, I ordered a HTC One with Meteor after being turned down by O2. I was due an upgrade, but I got the following;

€129 for the phone
    400texts/400minutes/2gb data
    18 month contract
    €35/month

I got this with a good bit of haggling with the live chat and obviously being due an upgrade was of benefit, but not a bad deal in the end which maybe others can avail of.

It sounds like you got the €40 a month plan for €35. I tried to get this offer, but yer wan I was talking to on the phone got quite grumpy when I mentioned it, and went off on one about how the only deal she could offer was whatever was online. Since I'm due an upgrade too, it was disappointing that they couldn't offer any discount to what's available to a new customer. All I got offered from the online chat was the €30 discount off my first bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

johnnykilo wrote: »
    Just out of interest when did you guys order? I ordered Saturday to be collected at an 02 store. Got a confirmation order from my email straight away but haven't heard anything else since.

Just an update on this. They Took the money from my account on Monday, then got an email this afternoon saying the order was cancelled due to "Routine Control Checks". Paid by credit card and there's plenty of money in the account.

Rang the "help"line, and all the girl and the Supervisor were able to tell me was that their credit company cancelled the order for some reason but that according to them the order should have gone through, there was nothing wrong with my credit.

The biggest pain in the hole is that it took 4 days to get to this stage and all she could tell me was to order again online and it "should" go through. Not exactly inspiring confidence there! :rolleyes:

Just a heads up for anyone having trouble getting a contract:

I order various times, had money taken from me once and refunded straight away, another time had money taken, order cancelled and money returned about a week later. I contacted O2 and said that I had heard that some people were having trouble as they needed to pay an extra deposit on the device. They told me that was not the case for me, but they would send me a letter explaining why I was declined for a contract.

Received the letter today, and basically it says: "When you apply for a contract online, we do a standard application assessment. This is done purely on the form you fill out, we don't consult any third parties or check a credit rating. We cannot disclose exactly why you were declined as we want to maintain the integrity and security of the process."

Moral of the story: When filling the online form, just say that you're in full time employment and haven't moved in 3 years. I am self employed and have moved twice in the last 3 years (growing family), and am sure these things count against me, as pathetic as it is.

• Advertisement

I ordered a nearly two days ago, had the money taken but apart from the automated email I've not heard anything more from them..

Anyone had similar?

• Site Banned Posts: 11 Cyber735

yep, I'm in the same situation

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Issac

I ordered a nearly two days ago, had the money taken but apart from the automated email I've not heard anything more from them..

Anyone had similar?
    Cyber735 wrote: »
    yep, I'm in the same situation

I ordered (again) on Monday. If you ring 1850-812 340 they will be able to give you the status of the order (have the order number handy).

Mine is packed and awaiting pick up by the courier.

Issac wrote: »
    I ordered (again) on Monday. If you ring 1850-812 340 they will be able to give you the status of the order (have the order number handy).

Mine is packed and awaiting pick up by the courier.

Cool ill do that. Did you have any further correspondence from them apart from the automated email after payment?

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Issac

Cool ill do that. Did you have any further correspondence from them apart from the automated email after payment?

No, not for my second order. I did after my first order when they looked for ID and a bank statement.

• Advertisement

Basil3 wrote: »
    When filling the online form, just say that you're in full time employment and haven't moved in 3 years. I am self employed and have moved twice in the last 3 years (growing family), and am sure these things count against me, as pathetic as it is.

Yes I sanitised my application. I knew that O2 would have no powers to check anything other than a basic credit check, they are not the Revenue or the Guards, they would have no powers to check (for example) how long you have been in a job.

On the way :) can't wait.

What's the process to get the unlock code for this handset?

On the way :) can't wait.

What's the process to get the unlock code for this handset?

I used this: http://www.o2online.ie/o2/help/unlock-request.php

I had the unlock code within 24 hours.

Then I went here:
    http://www.48months.ie/

and ordered a free micro sim (I had no non O2 micro sim with which to unlock the phone)

When the free 48 micro sim arrived a few days later I registered it with 48 - sanitising my application as you can only register with them if you are between 18-22 :)

Then I was allocated an 089 phone number and the sim was activated - I inserted it into the HTC One and a few minutes later I was unlocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 thecaw76

I take it the 20 % is well gone ? Just off online chat and I tried my hardest to get him to give me 20%, he would 'nt budge ! He offered me 10% and I said "sure I can get that myself online!" , still no budging him. It's still a good deal though, if they actually deliver it !

thecaw76 wrote: »
    I take it the 20 % is well gone ? Just off online chat and I tried my hardest to get him to give me 20%, he would 'nt budge ! He offered me 10% and I said "sure I can get that myself online!" , still no budging him. It's still a good deal though, if they actually deliver it !

Couldnt get any more off them myself. Still a cracking deal when you can get out of contract in 6 months

• Registered Users Posts: 45,296 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

I used this: http://www.o2online.ie/o2/help/unlock-request.php

I had the unlock code within 24 hours.

Then I went here:
    http://www.48months.ie/

and ordered a free micro sim (I had no non O2 micro sim with which to unlock the phone)

When the free 48 micro sim arrived a few days later I registered it with 48 - sanitising my application as you can only register with them if you are between 18-22 :)

Then I was allocated an 089 phone number and the sim was activated - I inserted it into the HTC One and a few minutes later I was unlocked.

Can you keep your old number when you eventually switch back

rarnes1 wrote: »

Yes, at the end of the process you have your regular phone number on an O2 sim and a PAYG 48 sim with a random 089 number. Either will work in the phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

There's no switching involved. You just get a new number on a new sim from 48.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Their procedures must have improved massively - ordered mine Monday night, picked it up this morning.
    It is a beautiful piece of equipment.

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    Their procedures must have improved massively - ordered mine Monday night, picked it up this morning.
    It is a beautiful piece of equipment.

It surely is. I love mine and I switched over from an Iphone 5..

Good value too, I was gonna buy one sim free which is about 579 at the moment. However with the 6 month contract its gonna cost less and I get free calls, texts and data thrown in. Plus they gave me the unlock code for the phone 24 hrs after i received it :)

• Advertisement

It surely is. I love mine and I switched over from an Iphone 5..

Good value too, I was gonna buy one sim free which is about 579 at the moment. However with the 6 month contract its gonna cost less and I get free calls, texts and data thrown in. Plus they gave me the unlock code for the phone 24 hrs after i received it :)

I couldn't resist with the price upfront and 6month contract and quick unlock, just unlocked mine now - took 12hours for the code - other providers take note!

It is the nicest design I've seen yet, audio and screen are fantastic, the only meh I have is the power button on top but I'm getting used to it.
    I'm on WP8 as well and that's a great OS but as I said, couldn't resist having an android on hand as well.

Thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,296 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    I couldn't resist with the price upfront and 6month contract and quick unlock, just unlocked mine now - took 12hours for the code - other providers take note!

It is the nicest design I've seen yet, audio and screen are fantastic, the only meh I have is the power button on top but I'm getting used to it.
    I'm on WP8 as well and that's a great OS but as I said, couldn't resist having an android on hand as well.

Thanks OP.

In theory you shouldn't really need to unlock it until the 6 month contract is nearly up right? Or does it matter?

In theory you shouldn't really need to unlock it until the 6 month contract is nearly up right? Or does it matter?

I've got terrible reception at my house, so I gave the sim card to someone else to use up the allowance. As soon as I got my unlock code I put in my Vodafone sim and have been using it since.

Yep, you can wait if you want but why would ya? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,114 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Any August codes, a friend is looking to buy one too.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭grolschmore

Has anyone got the €30 cashback with fatcheese yet? Got 2 of these deal a couple of weeks ago. Great deal just never heard anything back from Fatcheese.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Atticus Jung

Anyone go for the insurance on this? €9 p/m is tempting. Particularly as I can see myself leaving it in a taxi some night. Might be worth it for the first 6 months.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

dinneenp wrote: »
    Any August codes, a friend is looking to buy one too.

Ditto

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Anyone go for the insurance on this? €9 p/m is tempting. Particularly as I can see myself leaving it in a taxi some night. Might be worth it for the first 6 months.

If you have a U First current account with the Ulster bank you can phone insurance with it, the account costs €10 a month so it might be worth switching just for the insurance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Atticus Jung

54kroc wrote: »
    If you have a U First current account with the Ulster bank you can phone insurance with it, the account costs €10 a month so it might be worth switching just for the insurance.

Cheers, im already paying 4€ p/m I think with ulster bank, plus theres a few other extras with UFirst.

Advertisement