Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nice HTC one billpay deal (IMO)

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

My 6 month contract ends tomorrow, 02 offered me various deals in the last month or so, starting at €50, down to €35 as late as this evening, but still with just a measly 2GB of data and anchored to a 1 year contract, so I'm off to Three or eMobile tomorrow, looks like 20-30 quid max for unlimited everything (1 month contract) which 02 just don't seem to be able to match at the moment.

Summary, if for some reason you're sticking with 02 make sure you're getting the best deal you can from them, telling them you're moving network seems to cut a lot of the BS. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

Ha, I told them I was moving and was offered €35, he (CSRep) tried to tell me I'm using a lot of voice per month (I'm not, I added up two months there and it didn't go over half an hour?!) so a prepaid wouldn't suit my needs . Then offered me a deal for €47, 10th of February, I'm off to 3!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Ha, at least my guy was quite honest and said "you're probably not going to be interested but the best we can do is..."

Also reckons they'll have some decent packages coming in the next few months but won't hold my breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭cson

I've been getting a good few calls off them lately that I've not been bothered to answer or entertain beyond finding out it was O2.

Personally given I communicate 75% via data now unless they can get within a 5er of the Three €20 deal then I'm off. The O2 Lounge and Priority Tix/Moments are great, but not worth another €15-30 a month depending on what discount you'd get off them post this contract.

Their customer service are ****e too. Worst I've experienced. Don't really seem to understand the concept of the client/customer is always right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

cson wrote: »
    I've been getting a good few calls off them lately that I've not been bothered to answer or entertain beyond finding out it was O2.

Personally given I communicate 75% via data now unless they can get within a 5er of the Three €20 deal then I'm off. The O2 Lounge and Priority Tix/Moments are great, but not worth another €15-30 a month depending on what discount you'd get off them post this contract.

Their customer service are ****e too. Worst I've experienced. Don't really seem to understand the concept of the client/customer is always right.

Just wait until you experience Three's "customer service"!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

client/customer is always right

Really? You really believe this?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Nobody ever won an argument with a customer :)

RangeR wrote: »

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭cson

The person who pays you is always right even if they aren't. You won't get very far in business otherwise. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

The person who pays you is always right even if they aren't. You won't get very far in business otherwise. ;)

Yeah, but, no. If the customer if wrong, they are wrong. You can tell them: "No, actually this is the situation."

Your version would have drove me nuts when I was in CS.

Customers are never wrong, misinformed maybe but anyone in business should do their utmost to retain them. Saying "No, actually this is the situation." is not much of a sales pitch :)

Yeah, but, no. If the customer if wrong, they are wrong. You can tell them: "No, actually this is the situation."

Your version would have drove me nuts when I was in CS.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Tony wrote: »
    Nobody ever won an argument with a customer :)

On the other hand- there are people who you really do not need as a customer. In some industries 2% of customers- take up 95% of your time, effort and resources.

Though- you have reminded me of some excellent customer service I received in the past- from......... you! My satellite dish was misaligned in high wind, and you were very prompt at coming out and sorting it for me, despite where the satellite dish is located. Some businesses really do go the extra mile.

I can't disagree with that . Thanks for the kind words and sorry for dragging this off topic.

On the other hand- there are people who you really do not need as a customer. In some industries 2% of customers- take up 95% of your time, effort and resources.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Two people I know who took this deal up were told when the contract is up, they continue taking the €55. They were told by O2 to port their number over on the day their contract ends to avoid this.

Seems extremely messy as porting can take some time. Anyone's contract end and dealt with this already?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

I ported to Three 2 days before the end of my contract

Two people I know who took this deal up were told when the contract is up, they continue taking the €55. They were told by O2 to port their number over on the day their contract ends to avoid this.

Seems extremely messy as porting can take some time. Anyone's contract end and dealt with this already?

Porting, on average, is less than an hour. If it takes longer either the agent fooked up and porting won't be done, or it's a very busy period.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Port their number to where?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Port their number to where?

To another network, if they intended to leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭AmilcarAlho

I spoke to an agent yesterday via o2 chat and inquired about changing from bill pay to pay as you go. They advised me to contact them on the day the contract ends and they can do the switch there and then.

That will stop the bill and give me time to decide where to go next. Easier to manage things with pay as you go than bill pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭pabloh999

is this plan still available?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭dinneenp

pabloh999 wrote: »
    is this plan still available?

Do you mean the phone and plan?
    If so- no.
    The plan on it's own- dont' konw but if it is I don't know why anyone would go with it.
    Better options out there- if you stay under 1GB data then Tesco seem best, if above then Three- unlimited everything (for 3 months) for €30.

Meteor have unlimited everything & 4G for €30 until March on sim only.
    I'm wondering if it's worth going with them just for a month to try out 4G and see how amazinglywonderfullyfast it is.
    Think I will try it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭dinneenp

I went with Three deal- three all you can eat data with 4G, sim only €29.99 for three months.
    Up to €39.75 per month after than but can look at moving then.

link

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Just got my final bill from o2 here, really mad, they are charging me €32.32 for leaving!

I was repeatedly told my contract ended on 23rd Jan, so left on 23rd, only to be told today when I complained about charge that it ended on 26th.

Also the assurances I got that there would be no charge, including on cs agent telling me she was putting a note on my account, are apparently not on record.
    I am fuming, they also can't send me records of online chat or calls, and the ones they could find and quote notes over the phone, only had half the info in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,033 ✭✭✭bren2001

mymo wrote: »
    Just got my final bill from o2 here, really mad, they are charging me €32.32 for leaving!

I was repeatedly told my contract ended on 23rd Jan, so left on 23rd, only to be told today when I complained about charge that it ended on 26th.

Also the assurances I got that there would be no charge, including on cs agent telling me she was putting a note on my account, are apparently not on record.
    I am fuming, they also can't send me records of online chat or calls, and the ones they could find and quote notes over the phone, only had half the info in them.
    Request the recordings in writing under the data protection act. If they still claim to not be able to find your information, bring it to the data commissioner. If they are lost, it is a breach of data protection.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

I'm going to call into an o2 shop, apparently they can call up logs of chats, I will query voice calls too. I have had so much hassle with o2 I will never deal with them again.
    First they forgot to port my number, then took 4 days to do it, then I had to call about my bill, after over a month, it had never been sent, they still took the money though, I couldn't view bills online until November due to a "glitch" which took about 15 calls to get sorted, I only knew how much the bill was by calling or waiting until they took the money from my account. then they barred roaming when I was in UK, twice, and on top of it all I never got a contract or even got read the contract over the phone, which someone confirmed in Dec but that info has mysteriously disappeared.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

I'm waiting to change network. I remember people saying in this forum that they simply rang 02 and got the network unlock code straight away. I've requested the code from 02 but I've been told ridiculous waiting times from people in 02 ranging from 4-14 days, to 21 days.

Anyone got any suggestions? Is it worth getting in touch with Comreg?

johnnykilo wrote: »
    I'm waiting to change network. I remember people saying in this forum that they simply rang 02 and got the network unlock code straight away. I've requested the code from 02 but I've been told ridiculous waiting times from people in 02 ranging from 4-14 days, to 21 days.

Anyone got any suggestions? Is it worth getting in touch with Comreg?

Did you actually go through the process of getting an unlock code?
    Apple unlock codes do take some time as O2 have to request it from Apple.

This has nothing to do with Comreg.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Did you actually go through the process of getting an unlock code?
    Apple unlock codes do take some time as O2 have to request it from Apple.

This has nothing to do with Comreg.

Yes, I have filled in the form. I have already signed up with another network so I'm just anxious to move asap. People earlier on in this thread reported getting their unlock code within 24 hours so I didn't think it would be such an issue.

Try the Talk To O2 forum. Sometimes these things get "lost". They will sort you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭maringo

I take screenshots of my chats and keep them on file. Handy :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement