Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nice HTC one billpay deal (IMO)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I dont think you can transfer credit between sims. on any network afaik.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

beauf wrote: »
    I dont think you can transfer credit between sims. on any network afaik.

Don't think so either.
    Just pop into Tesco and get one of their free SIMs (aka use one of the free vouchers that you get in the post from them).

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Issac

Can you do that..??
    am currently with Vodafone.

I don't know. It would be worth asking though. The other option is to just register a new number with O2 and keep the Vodafone sim on standby for the 6 months. You could forward your calls from the Vodafone sim, not sure about the text messages though. There may be some form of app to allow text forwarding?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Can you do that..??
    am currently with Vodafone.

I'm pretty sure you can transfer credit to another Vodafone customer.

I'm pretty sure you can transfer credit to another Vodafone customer.

I could only find this

https://community.vodafone.ie/t5/Billpay-Packages/Transferring-Credit-From-PAYG-Account-To-Annother-PAYG-Account/td-p/34608

• Advertisement

Out of interest, did anyone pay for the phone using a Visa Debit card? From memory, the only options are Visa Credit, Mastercard, and Laser.

Which option works for Visa Debit?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Basil3 wrote: »
    Out of interest, did anyone pay for the phone using a Visa Debit card? From memory, the only options are Visa Credit, Mastercard, and Laser.

I did, select Laser

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Ordered this earlier. The website was absolute torture and I had to go through it twice to get the order placed.
    I was talking to someone on the live chat who offered a 20% code for the trouble on the website but had already used the code mentioned in this thread. Seems a great deal as long as it can be unlocked after the 6 months

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

pm1977x wrote: »
    I did, select Laser

i used visa no problems so both work me thinks

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭imtdub

Basil3 wrote: »

Select Visa Credit option for Visa Debit, I've used that option on other sites...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Stormington

Looking to order this but the website is down for maintenance: here's a cached result. I'm going to the bookies to throw down a tenner that the offer will be gone. :(

Looking to order this but the website is down for maintenance: here's a cached result. I'm going to the bookies to throw down a tenner that the offer will be gone. :(

The same thing happened Thursday night. Their site was down from 11 pm to 11 am on Friday morning, hopefully it'll still be there when it's reopened.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Stormington

The same thing happened Thursday night. Their site was down from 11 pm to 11 am on Friday morning, hopefully it'll still be there when it's reopened.
    Fingers crossed. I wouldn't mind losing out on the tenner if that is the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Site was down Thursday night, but was back up Friday @9am when I got mine, it was down again Friday evening about 4 when I was showing a friend, and back up shortly after.
    There seems to be an ongoing problem with it, my friend said he couldn't get on earlier either.

Site was down Thursday night, but was back up Friday @9am when I got mine, it was down again Friday evening about 4 when I was showing a friend, and back up shortly after.
    There seems to be an ongoing problem with it, my friend said he couldn't get on earlier either.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Really tempted by this offer.. am on prepay but tempted for just the 6 months contract and then move back to prepay after the only thing is i have €130 credit and i dont know what to do....

Just curious- why would you have €130 credit, seems a massive amount? Did
    you get a large amount of credit moving to Vodafone?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Anyone have any idea how much longer this offer is going for?

Would like to pick one up next week.

I asked when buying mine, was going to wait 2 weeks, but chat guy said offer could be gone by the end of the month.
    Could be, not would, and I asked several times, they don't seem to have a date for the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,265 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Can they port over your number if haven't the phone set up yet? Mine is being ported tomorrow morning but I won't actually have the phone until the evening! It's in the post office warehouse

Ring them and ask them to delay, they usually are pretty helpful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 mindbloggling

dinneenp wrote: »
    Just curious- why would you have €130 credit, seems a massive amount? Did
    you get a large amount of credit moving to Vodafone?

yeah about two years ago i moved to vodafone when they were giving away free smartphones to vodafone at home customers if they move to their network, so when i did they made a mess up with the registration and applied the €120 credit for switching network in one lump some not only that for some reason i ended up on a second promotion that had just started and that was €240 credit (€20x12 months providing you top up) .. At one stage i nearly had €300 on my account as i was topping up for free texts and credit as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

mymo wrote: »

That site is a complete mess and has been for years, no amount of redesigns seems to help it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

pm1977x wrote: »
    That site is a complete mess and has been for years, no amount of redesigns seems to help it.

Not going to be an issue for much longer.........
    When 3 bought them out, part of the purchase price (76m actually), is contingent on signing up in absolute terms, X number of new customers (within a particular window). Given the saturation of the Irish market- this can be most easily attained by dangling goodies such as this offer, at the customers of other networks (the 6 month contract falls outside the contractual purchase agreement by Telefonica with 3- it'll be up to 3 to retain the new customers, with some other inducement at that stage).

Most probably- 3 will have a nominally Irish website- further enhanced from their UK site- and update their network to an All-Ireland/UK network, not differentiating between whether you're North or South of the border, Dublin or London etc. The nominal daily fee now imposed for UK users on the Irish network- will probably be the first thing to go.

Vodafone have already started down this road- use your Irish minutes/texts/data in any EU country for a EUR20 a month, or EUR1 a day surcharge, with no termination fees, providing you remain on a partner network (note- this depends on the tariff you're on- and RTG customers will obviously pay significantly more- its aimed at business customers).

Shouldn't be any difference to service when abroad- 3 normally partner with Telefonica anyway (e.g. Movistar in Spain, Optimus in Portugal etc.)

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭oxygen

Is this offer still available? I went into an 02 store yesterday and a Carphone Warehouse today. They both said it was €299 on a 6 month contract and the o2 website is down at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Dammer

Is this offer still available? I went into an 02 store yesterday and a Carphone Warehouse today. They both said it was €299 on a 6 month contract and the o2 website is down at the moment

I think that it is €100 off if you order through the the 02 website. Then you can get another 20% off if you enter the info on page 3 of this thread.

They have been doing website maintenance over the last few days. Hopefully the site will be back up soon as I'm cancelling my Metoer 30 day plan to avail of this offer before the end of this month.

Dammer wrote: »
    I think that it is €100 off if you order through the the 02 website. Then you can get another 20% off if you enter the info on page 3 of this thread.

They have been doing website maintenance over the last few days. Hopefully the site will be back up soon as I'm cancelling my Metoer 30 day plan to avail of this offer before the end of this month.

If you're on a 30 rolling plan I don't think you need to cancel. I didn't anyway (with 3). I rang 3 to cancel and they said I didn't need to notify them, just tell O2 and they'll do the rest. I get billed up to when I port over next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Issac wrote: »
    If you're on a 30 rolling plan I don't think you need to cancel. I didn't anyway (with 3). I rang 3 to cancel and they said I didn't need to notify them, just tell O2 and they'll do the rest. I get billed up to when I port over next week.

you need to cancel with meteor

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭oxygen

Dammer wrote: »

Brilliant, thanks. I'm cancelling my rolling plan as well to go for this deal

The website is down again, been trying to get a tracking number for my order all weekend, hope this isn't a sign of things to come, just remembered why I left O2 years ago. :(

• Advertisement

Been a long time since the site went down for this long. The webtext used to very unreliable a few years back. But this is longer than usual.

Advertisement