Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nice HTC one billpay deal (IMO)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭mickotoole

@username123 there is a way to transfer all your contacts into outlook and then transfer them back into your HTC. Have a look through Google there should be some tutorials on how it's done.

Can anyone tell me how long it takes to get the phone from O2? As I said I ordered it yesterday at 16.30. Is it wishful thinking on my part to hope to receive it today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Thanks guys, I think Ill just do a manual input, I wont have that many to put in.

mickotoole, I placed the order at 5pm on Friday afternoon and the phone arrived at 8.15am this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Ordered yesterday evening, even gave the order number to someone on the live chat to check it had gone through ok, they said it had.

Just got an email to say my order has been cancelled "for security purposes" wtf O2?:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Gavman84

Anyone tell me how long they waited to get email to confirm order went through OK and give tracking information? Ordered in work on Canadian server hope that don't make them cancel!
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Gavman84 wrote: »
    Anyone tell me how long they waited to get email to confirm order went through OK and give tracking information? Ordered in work on Canadian server hope that don't make them cancel!
    Thanks
    Ordered one Saturday, confirmation email arrived about a day later. Email with tracking number arrived Monday evening and the phone itself arrived today.

Best bet is to get onto someone quickly on the live chat feature on the website.

• Advertisement

Placed order 5pm Friday, received email stating order had been received immediately.

Got email stating order confirmation plus tracking number 6pm Monday evening.

Phone delivered and signed for today, Tuesday at 8.15am.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Ordered at 9am Friday. Still waiting for phone, no emails other than one to.confirm order. Was told phone is on its way, no tracking info, nothing. Seems to vary.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,114 ✭✭✭dinneenp

mymo wrote: »
    Ordered at 9am Friday. Still waiting for phone, no emails other than one to.confirm order. Was told phone is on its way, no tracking info, nothing. Seems to vary.

Ordered Thursday morning. was on chat today and told almost ready for shipping....come on already...

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭mickotoole

Contacted them today. They gave me my tracking number but when I go to the An Post website they don't have any record of the package. O2 say it's sitting in their warehouse waiting to be shipped. Jaysus I'm impatient but I'd nearly go to the warehouse and pick it up myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,296 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

It's worth waiting for folks. Cracking phone

My only concern would be if it's dropped. Will probably get an ultra thin casing if possible

• Advertisement

So do you think the charger cable that comes with it would work with the mains plug of my ipad mini charger? Thats got a usb cable that plugs into it.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,569 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

So do you think the charger cable that comes with it would work with the mains plug of my ipad mini charger? Thats got a usb cable that plugs into it.

Yes, it will work fine.

This is the whole reason they no longer include the charger plug, most people already have suitable plugs from other devices, so the EU is looking to cut down on waste.

bk wrote: »
    Yes, it will work fine.

Yaay thank you, I actually ordered a mains charger for it, but it probably wont be here for a day or two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Yaay thank you, I actually ordered a mains charger for it, but it probably wont be here for a day or two.

from where?

from where?

Ebay. UK seller.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Gavman84

Thanks for the info guys I only ordered this morning so ill prob wait to see if get delivery info tomorrow some stage here's hoping!
    Gav

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Avengers

To everyone else waiting to order, the promotional code JULYCHAT2013 to avail 20% discount off the phone price is now gone :( confirmed by the girl on o2 Facebook chat.

10% code ( AFF2013PREM ) still works, so hurry up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Dammer

Avengers wrote: »
    To everyone else waiting to order, the promotional code JULYCHAT2013 to avail 20% discount off the phone price is now gone :( confirmed by the girl on o2 Facebook chat.

Just tried it myself... Yep its gone, so glad I ordered earlier today :D phew!

Then I got an unexpected email from fatcheese saying I got another €25 off. :D

Hhhmmmm maybe I should do the Euromillions tonight....

Dammer wrote: »
    Just tried it myself... Yep its gone, so glad I ordered earlier today :D phew!

Then I got an unexpected email from fatcheese saying I got another €25 off. :D

Hhhmmmm maybe I should do the Euromillions tonight....

So fatcheese does work? I'm so frustrated at this stage, they cancelled the order that went through yesterday and now the bloody code is gone. The agent couldn't understand why it wouldn't work (at first, then she said it had been deactivated), they're so useless.

rickyjb wrote: »
    So fatcheese does work? I'm so frustrated at this stage, they cancelled the order that went through yesterday and now the bloody code is gone. The agent couldn't understand why it wouldn't work, they're so useless.

Ive been following your thread in Talk To on this - have they not made any kind of private explanation to you?

• Advertisement

Ive been following your thread in Talk To on this - have they not made any kind of private explanation to you?

No private explanation.

Daryll himself came on to live chat and said that it was still under investigation, so nothing more I can do right now. Very strange. Still don't understand why it worked for some people though.

Its a strange one alright Rickyjb, all the stranger that no one from O2 can actually explain it to you.

Avengers wrote: »

I thought the 20% code was gone too. I got onto someone on the live chat and told them about trying to order Saturday. They gave me a link for it to go through.

It's only for people porting over from another network though.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Stormington

I've tried twice to order and I've got this:
    As part of routine order processing checks we are unable to accept your order at this time.

I'm guessing that my with my bank home address and personal address being different the system spaz's out?

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Dammer

So fatcheese does work? I'm so frustrated at this stage, they cancelled the order that went through yesterday and now the bloody code is gone. The agent couldn't understand why it wouldn't work (at first, then she said it had been deactivated), they're so useless.

Yeah it worked for me. Well so the email says...

Though I ordered through my PC at work, which was never turned off for the last week and did not wipe Firefox's internet cache/history when I went through the Fatcheese website originally.

Is your cache cleaned automatically? Periodically? on your computer?

hope you can get it sorted.

I thought the 20% code was gone too. I got onto someone on the live chat and told them about trying to order Saturday. They gave me a link for it to go through.

It's only for people porting over from another network though.

You're joking, they told me there was nothing they can do. I'm also porting from another network.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Stormington

Mine just went through with a 10% discount working on it. I'm happy enough with it as I didn't have the money yesterday so can't complain too much. Looking forward to getting my new toy.

*Squeel*

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Just noticed my data isn't working earlier. All the settings are correct for android but it just says disconnect because data is unavailabe?

You're joking, they told me there was nothing they can do. I'm also porting from another network.

Well I ordered one for someone on Saturday with the code. I went to order a second for my brother today and the code came up invalid.
    When I gave that story to live chat, I was sent a direct link to order the phone and the Julychat2013 worked then to get the 20% off.

If you haven't ordered tell them you tried to order Saturday and were offered a 20% discount a they should set it up for you no problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 RedWarrior

I've tried twice to order and I've got this:
    As part of routine order processing checks we are unable to accept your order at this time.

I'm guessing that my with my bank home address and personal address being different the system spaz's out?

I was having the same issue yesterday so the chat agent gave me the phone number 1850 812 340. I got it sorted no problem there, order went through fine, just waiting on shipping details etc.. I also told him I had been offered the JULYCHAT2013 discount (which I had) and I got the 20% discount.

Advertisement