Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nice HTC one billpay deal (IMO)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

I posted some links to cases here.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=85714185&postcount=297

Of course there's always eBay too. Might be able to get stuff delivered quicker and can be cheaper too.

I got one of these screen protectors for my Desire 3 years ago and it's still going strong.

http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/index.php
    They're about €30 however so this time I think I might chance the eBay route where you can get other ones for much less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

johnnykilo wrote: »
    Just ordered this last night, missed out on the 20% off, but managed to get the 10%. Hoping Fat Cheese will come through too although I won't hold my breath! Had my 2 year anniversary of one payment I'm still waiting from with them during the week!

There's some cheap cases here:
    http://dx.com/s/htc+one+leather

or some more expensive ones here. Got one of the metal cases on here for my Desire 3 years ago and it's proven invaluable over the years:
    http://www.pdair.com/index.php/smartphone-cell-phone-pda/htc/the-new-htc-one-801e-801s.html

I ended up buying an Otterbox defender from amazon for about 32€ to PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Best screen protectors are the cheap fonem8 ones on amazon. About 3 euro for 5, go on easily and last extremely well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

I got this one, only took about 2 days to arrive, seems to be decent and less than €3.50.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

if like my wife you drop your phone a lot, I would suggest this kind of case
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/RED-Dual-Armor-Shock-Proof-Protective-Case-Cover-with-Stand-For-HTC-One-M7-NEW-/310713244407?pt=UK_MobilePhones_MobilePhonesCasesPouches&hash=item4857f3daf7
    sure it might be ugly but it does a brilliant job
    also with regards to the screen protector
    this is the best one out there, the cheaper ones tend to fall off after a while but this one can be attacked with a knife and still nothing happen to the screen
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/HTC-One-XL-FRONT-SCREEN-PROTECTOR-invisible-Military-Grade-shield-Screen-Knight-/161042921445?pt=UK_Computing_LaptopAccessories_RL&hash=item257ee7f7e5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 StevieGerrard

I had the same problem as a few on here regarding the order being cancelled but just did it without using the code to get 10% off and it worked fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Issac

I had the same problem as a few on here regarding the order being cancelled but just did it without using the code to get 10% off and it worked fine.

Was that the O2 6 month plan? Was the initial order cancelled due to "security reasons"?

Issac wrote: »
    Was that the O2 6 month plan? Was the initial order cancelled due to "security reasons"?
    Yeah it was the 6 month plan, yeah pretty sure it was security reasons

Yeah it was the 6 month plan, yeah pretty sure it was security reasons

Interesting - I was told I couldn't reapply to O2 for "months". Thanks for the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,462 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Did you actually get the phone?
    I've done the same numerous times but it would always end up cancelled inexplicably a day or 2 later.

• Advertisement

Did you actually get the phone?
    I've done the same numerous times but it would always end up cancelled inexplicably a day or 2 later.

Oh bollix. Presumed the order going through meant I'd get the phone. Did they tell you by email?

Oh bollix. Presumed the order going through meant I'd get the phone. Did they tell you by email?

Yeah, it normally takes a day to come through but can be longer at the weekend. Hopefully, you get the phone and all of this mess is behind o2.

Yeah, it normally takes a day to come through but can be longer at the weekend. Hopefully, you get the phone and all of this mess is behind o2.

Here's hoping! Ridiculous from o2

Tried re-order over the weekend and low and behold, another cancellation this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Tried re-order over the weekend and low and behold, another cancellation this morning.

Is there any chance these cancelations are due to not being eligible for a contract phone?

I mean 02 are within their rights to reject unsuccesful applications based on their own criteria.
    I know someone currently employed full time who was rejected for this contract and then someone else who is unemployed who received it. All due to the employed person moving addresses twice in a 6 month period apparently.

I finally managed to get my order through (I think!).

I rang the customer care number and told them I wanted to make a complaint over the whole ordering process mess and the fact that nobody could tell me why they cancelled my order. The rep had a look at my account and said it passed initial checks but had been put on hold (and subsequently cancelled) by security. So he rang the security division and asked why. This was the first O2 employee to use their brain that I came across. He said the security issue is that I needed to put a deposit of €99 down on the phone. No one from security bothered to tell the sales staff that that was the issue and none of the sales staff asked.
    That was it.
    He told me he couldn't take payment over the phone but I could go to a shop and do it there. He put a note on the account and I rang customer care again once I got to my local store. I did that and the customer care rep sorted the rest (including taking payment - so I didn't need to go to the store...). I was given a BAN number (used for porting networks I'm told) and a sim. Hopefully that's that now and I get my phone in the next couple of days.

TLDR:

The "security issue" with my order was that I needed to put down a deposit. Ring customer care and ask them to ask the security section if that's what the issue is with your order. If so pay the deposit and hopefully you'll be sorted. Hope this helps!

I rang the customer care number and told them I wanted to make a complaint over the whole ordering process mess and the fact that nobody could tell me why they cancelled my order. The rep had a look at my account and said it passed initial checks but had been put on hold (and subsequently cancelled) by security. So he rang the security division and asked why. This was the first O2 employee to use their brain that I came across. He said the security issue is that I needed to put a deposit of €99 down on the phone. No one from security bothered to tell the sales staff that that was the issue and none of the sales staff asked.
    That was it.
    He told me he couldn't take payment over the phone but I could go to a shop and do it there. He put a note on the account and I rang customer care again once I got to my local store. I did that and the customer care rep sorted the rest (including taking payment - so I didn't need to go to the store...). I was given a BAN number (used for porting networks I'm told) and a sim. Hopefully that's that now and I get my phone in the next couple of days.

TLDR:

The "security issue" with my order was that I needed to put down a deposit. Ring customer care and ask them to ask the security section if that's what the issue is with your order. If so pay the deposit and hopefully you'll be sorted. Hope this helps!

If that's the case for me, I will be seriously p*ssed off. I placed an order so many times, and was never given a definite answer as to why it was cancelled. Was just told i couldn't order again for 6 months.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

That was it.

TLDR:

Would it be so hard for them to just send an email or call you and explain this instead of just cancelling.

Basil3 wrote: »
    If that's the case for me, I will be seriously p*ssed off. I placed an order so many times, and was never given a definite answer as to why it was cancelled. Was just told i couldn't order again for 6 months.

I was told the same thing last week and they couldn't, for whatever reason, tell me why. All it finally took was one 2 min call from the customer care guy to the security team. Why the hell I wasn't told about that in the first place is beyond me. Give it a go - you might get the phone (or at least find out why you didn't get it). The rep told me that any of the reps can call the security dept to ask for you.

Would it be so hard for them to just send an email or call you and explain this instead of just cancelling.

It's actually crazy to think that a major communication company like that can't communicate between departments. Nuts.

• Advertisement

Received an email saying my phone had been dispatched. Thank God

• Registered Users Posts: 45,296 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

It'll be worth the wait.

Good to hear it has gone through for you. Hoping the same for my order today...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Just out of interest when did you guys order? I ordered Saturday to be collected at an 02 store. Got a confirmation order from my email straight away but haven't heard anything else since.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

I ordered @1.30pm yesterday. Dispatch email @6pm and was on my desk today at 11.30am.

But I am an existing O2 customer and was just upgrading so expect that's why it was so smooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Xaniaj

johnnykilo wrote: »
    Just out of interest when did you guys order? I ordered Saturday to be collected at an 02 store. Got a confirmation order from my email straight away but haven't heard anything else since.

Ordered Sunday evening, confirmation email straight away and got a dispatch email yesterday evening. Delivered this morning! Also an existing o2 customer but moving (back) to bill pay after a PAYG siesta!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

In case anyone's interested, I ordered a HTC One with Meteor after being turned down by O2. I was due an upgrade, but I got the following;

€129 for the phone
    400texts/400minutes/2gb data
    18 month contract
    €35/month

I got this with a good bit of haggling with the live chat and obviously being due an upgrade was of benefit, but not a bad deal in the end which maybe others can avail of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Xaniaj wrote: »
    Ordered Sunday evening, confirmation email straight away and got a dispatch email yesterday evening. Delivered this morning! Also an existing o2 customer but moving (back) to bill pay after a PAYG siesta!

how much was the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Cianos wrote: »
    In case anyone's interested, I ordered a HTC One with Meteor after being turned down by O2. I was due an upgrade, but I got the following;

€129 for the phone
    400texts/400minutes/2gb data
    18 month contract
    €35/month

I got this with a good bit of haggling with the live chat and obviously being due an upgrade was of benefit, but not a bad deal in the end which maybe others can avail of.

Think I posted this earlier but I got the phone for €199 and a €25 a month 18 month contract with half of the minutes etc. posted above.

Ordered yesterday using Fatcheese and got an email last night saying I got €40 cashback which brings the price of the phone to €159, pretty sweet!

As I'm already on a €20 a month contract that's only an extra €5 a month for 18 months so €159 + €90 (18x5) = €249 for the phone. Obviously I'm stuck on the contract but still the cheapest way to buy the phone, provided you can survive on 1gb a month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Xaniaj

beauf wrote: »
    how much was the phone?

199 less the 10% discount that was floating around on this thread.

Advertisement