Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nice HTC one billpay deal (IMO)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭oxygen

fran426ft wrote: »
    The 10% Code is AFF2013PREM

Excellent, thanks allot for that Fran :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Gavman84

Got my phone today waiting till Monday to port tho balls! Does anyone know if tethering is allowed with o2 as part of the 55 a month plan or they charge for it? Don't want to get screwd!
    Thanks
    Gav

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Gavman84 wrote: »
    Got my phone today waiting till Monday to port tho balls! Does anyone know if tethering is allowed with o2 as part of the 55 a month plan or they charge for it? Don't want to get screwd!
    Thanks
    Gav

Why dont you just ring them and port early?

Have to say, Im loving the phone. My first time on a smartphone and Im finding it easy to use, and have been enjoying being able to do things like MapMyRun.

My only concern is that I find it a little big, so Im a bit fumbly, but presume Ill get used to that.

I might give them a call in morning and see no time today. I find size grand but I'm coming from galaxy nexus so not much diff in size. Anyone know about tethering with o2? Think android they can't check it. Was free on Vodafone anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭KINGPIN

Few things :

Phone is awesome ! Brilliant build and excellent speaker is the highlight for me !

As for unlocking found this :http://www.o2online.ie/o2/help/unlock-request.php

Seems that you can get unlock code straight away if you look at the t&c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭maki

I can confirm that they'll send you an unlock code before the end of contract.
    I received my phone yesterday, sent in an unlock request yesterday afternoon, and was emailed the unlock code today

maki wrote: »
    I can confirm that they'll send you an unlock code before the end of contract.
    I received my phone yesterday, sent in an unlock request yesterday afternoon, and was emailed the unlock code today

What did you choose as the reason?

The reason is - I want it. But thats not covered in their reasons.

What did you choose as the reason?

The reason is - I want it. But thats not covered in their reasons.

I said I was going abroad, which I'm not.

maki wrote: »
    I said I was going abroad, which I'm not.

I said I was giving the phone to someone else. Which Im not.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭mickotoole

Hey, posting from my new phone and imust admit it's very impressive. I just wanted to let people know that I received this phone yesterday, went straight to the o2 website and requested my unlock code. The unlock code came this evening so now I've a completely unlocked phone. Thanks for the heads up op!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,296 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

mickotoole wrote: »
    Hey, posting from my new phone and imust admit it's very impressive. I just wanted to let people know that I received this phone yesterday, went straight to the o2 website and requested my unlock code. The unlock code came this evening so now I've a completely unlocked phone. Thanks for the heads up op!

Who did you go to to ask for the unlock code?

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭mickotoole

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Who did you go to to ask for the unlock code?

Just did it on their website

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

mickotoole wrote: »
    Just did it on their website

Tried myself earlier, keeps giving me a 502 error and not loading, might be something to do with me being a new billpay customer. Are you an existing member of O2 billpay?

donmeister wrote: »
    Tried myself earlier, keeps giving me a 502 error and not loading, might be something to do with me being a new billpay customer. Are you an existing member of O2 billpay?

I ported over from three prepay and got an unlock before the port had finished so I doubt it has anything to do with your previous circumstances. Once you're in contract you're pretty much stuck so they're happy enough to unlock

donmeister wrote: »

Yeah that happened me too but I was able to use the link in post #276 ok.

So I was sent my unlock code but now discover Ive to put a non O2 sim in to use the code. I dont have one. And anyone I know who is not O2, is not using a micro sim.

Whats the best thing to do? I see Tesco online are selling a pay as you go micro sim for 2.5 euro - would this be the best way forward?

Also - how long does the unlock code they sent me last, if I dont get round to unlocking it asap?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

So I was sent my unlock code but now discover Ive to put a non O2 sim in to use the code. I dont have one. And anyone I know who is not O2, is not using a micro sim.

Whats the best thing to do? I see Tesco online are selling a pay as you go micro sim for 2.5 euro - would this be the best way forward?

Also - how long does the unlock code they sent me last, if I dont get round to unlocking it asap?

if you can wait a few days order them online. most are free from the phone companies

daytob wrote: »
    if you can wait a few days order them online. most are free from the phone companies

Like who? Its a tenner for one from Vodafone. Obv an O2 one is no good to me to unlock an O2 locked phone. I cant find a Meteor price.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭imtdub

Like who? Its a tenner for one from Vodafone. Obv an O2 one is no good to me to unlock an O2 locked phone. I cant find a Meteor price.

Try Lyca or Tesco

Loving the phone got ported today didn't have to wait til Monday! I ordered a case mate too for it should have it early next week. I asked about tethering and they said its ok but be careful don't go over allowance of 2 gig.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

3 definitely send out SIM cards for free. Quick delivery as well usually.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭SteM

My understanding is that the lock code is tired to the phone and does not expire.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,569 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

3 (if you ask on their forum here on boards), Meteor and 48months all send out free sims.

Vodafone charging €10 for theirs is ridiculous!

Thanks everyone re the sim card info and SteM on the unlock code info.

Went for my first run with the phone today - may have to get myself a bigger bum bag, had to fairly squeeze it in!! But I got to do MapMyRun for the first time ever and as suspected, Ive been totally overestimating my distance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Has anyone a link to a nice leather case?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Just ordered this last night, missed out on the 20% off, but managed to get the 10%. Hoping Fat Cheese will come through too although I won't hold my breath! Had my 2 year anniversary of one payment I'm still waiting from with them during the week!
    Has anyone a link to a nice leather case?

There's some cheap cases here:
    http://dx.com/s/htc+one+leather

or some more expensive ones here. Got one of the metal cases on here for my Desire 3 years ago and it's proven invaluable over the years:
    http://www.pdair.com/index.php/smartphone-cell-phone-pda/htc/the-new-htc-one-801e-801s.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Have the ordering issues been resolved? Thinking of ordering one of these this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Issac

Have the ordering issues been resolved? Thinking of ordering one of these this week.

Take a look at this thread:
    http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2056998456/1

If anybody else has had an ordered please go to post 87 on the above thread and thank the post. So far four people seem to have had their orders cancelled without any explanation from O2.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Stormington

You could persist with complaining, but I reckon since o2 don't want my money they can go fcuk themselves. You can pick up a new One from Carphone Warehouse (on Meteor) for 529 and there's a promo code for 10% if you sign up to their email on their website (taking it down to €477). It runs out on the 31st of this month so you have a few days to get it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,296 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Anyone got any recommendations for screen covers and cases?

Advertisement