Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nice HTC one billpay deal (IMO)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Looking at this today and its saying

Cost today €289.00
    Monthly charge€55.00

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

The €199 offer seems to only be on offer if your switching from o2 PAYG to bill pay

Yes your correct and if your switching from another operator to o2 its also €199, the thing is im still in contract with emobile for 5 more months.
    I dont mind getting a new number so still might go with it for €289 then €55 pm for 6 months.
    Im guessing o2 wont take me onboard with the moving from another operator option while under contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,932 ✭✭✭dodzy

Currently using 4S iPhone. Had since release. Love it. Any migrators to this device care to give their opinion? Looks like a lovely handset, and im really tempted. But will I miss the slickness of IOS?

dodzy wrote: »
    Currently using 4S iPhone. Had since release. Love it. Any migrators to this device care to give their opinion? Looks like a lovely handset, and im really tempted. But will I miss the slickness of IOS?

If you want slickness you cannot do better than the high end Nokia phones operating windows Phone 8 OS, simply insanely smooth.
    Andriod has matured into a slick OS itself, add in super fast hardware it all feels very slick on the high end andriod devices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

It's now €289 on a 6 month €55 p/m contract.

I bought one on adverts, spanking new unlocked for €390,stunning piece of kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭cup of tea

Been watching this for a while. Went online and seems I'm too late. i wonder would I hvae any chance of getting it if I rang them up?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,443 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

cup of tea wrote: »
    Been watching this for a while. Went online and seems I'm too late. i wonder would I hvae any chance of getting it if I rang them up?

Since a lot of us couldn't get it even though we were on time, I'd doubt it. I was tricked into paying a 99 euro security deposit and still haven't been refunded. That was 2 months ago. I got the 199 back though. Probably spent over the 90 difference in price between hours on the phone trying to recoup my money.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭SteM

Since a lot of us couldn't get it even though we were on time, I'd doubt it. I was tricked into paying a 99 euro security deposit and still haven't been refunded. That was 2 months ago. I got the 199 back though. Probably spent over the 90 difference in price between hours on the phone trying to recoup my money.

This is terrible. Have you contacted Comreg, surely this is something they can look into for you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 MrCbee

dodzy wrote: »

I very recently switched from the 4S to the HTC One. I have been an Iphone user for almost 31/2 years and all I can say is wow! It is one seriously slick piece of kit.

I had my doubts at first about the battery but after some tweeking and configuring I am getting up to 1.5 days with moderate use.

Everything else has been perfect,

Favorite feature has to be how easy it was to import all my Iphone stuff to the One over bluetooth, that and the camera, and the Sound, and the Blinkfeed......................I could go on!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,443 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

SteM wrote: »
    This is terrible. Have you contacted Comreg, surely this is something they can look into for you?

Haven't contacted them yet about the non return of the deposit as I stupidly thought their acceptance of a deposit amounted to a contract which O2 would have to fulfil. Unfortunately I can't reason with them and just get fobbed off with excuse after excuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

On this deal with O2. Had them on yesterday trying to get me signed up for another 6 months. Offering same package but 4gb and 60 mins international calls and 100 international texts, something like that. I am only 3 months into my contract, so effectively trying to get me for another 3 months.

Told them I wasn't interested, but just wondering if they are calling around everyone and if anyone was getting any decent offers from them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

RIALTO1 wrote: »
    On this deal with O2. Had them on yesterday trying to get me signed up for another 6 months. Offering same package but 4gb and 60 mins international calls and 100 international texts, something like that. I am only 3 months into my contract, so effectively trying to get me for another 3 months.

Told them I wasn't interested, but just wondering if they are calling around everyone and if anyone was getting any decent offers from them?

Ive missed numerous calls from the same number in the past 2 weeks. My voicemail sounds like Im answering the phone so a couple of them let rip with the spiel to my voicemail before realising they were talking to my voicemail. The calls have been from O2. Im about 3 months into the contract too - so presumably thats why they were calling me. Thanks for the heads up - I try to never answer unsolicited sales calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭oxygen

Honesly the only contract for this phone I can see being worth while for me is all you can eat data or possibly 4G if its available and not too expensive. Cant wait for the end of my six months.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

The data allowance on this plan is a joke, I have to turn it off unless I really need it, I'm using it up in 2 weeks!
    Can't wait for contract to end, I love the phone, just need to swap networks!
    No call from O2 for me yet and it's gone 3 months in for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,417 ✭✭✭✭cson

Yeah I find 2GB on the sharp end myself.

It's a pity because if I got a ~€30 plan with a decent chunk of internet I'd stay with them. As it stands I think 3 will be getting €20 a month from me once this contract is up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Anyone elses HTC One speaker acting up since the latest update during the week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

mymo wrote: »
    The data allowance on this plan is a joke, I have to turn it off unless I really need it, I'm using it up in 2 weeks!

What has you using it up so quick? How do you know how much you've used?

I do like the phone but it's a bit too big for me. It drives me mad when I'm going out for a run trying to find a pocket for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,114 ✭✭✭dinneenp

was looking at getting this phone for my wife for Xmas but prices are expensive compared to what 'we' paid.
    If I could get one for same price & 6 months same contract I'd get one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭oxygen

dinneenp wrote: »
    was looking at getting this phone for my wife for Xmas but prices are expensive compared to what 'we' paid.
    If I could get one for same price & 6 months same contract I'd get one.

Ah yea, sure who wouldn't, it was a great deal. My sister bought this phone and had to pay full price for it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Are people finding the data is used up quickly with this phone? I'm on a 1gb a month plan which although ain't really enough, I never struggled with that badly when I had a Samsung S2. However with the HTC One I'm struggling badly to keep to 1gb a month and I'm barely touching youtube or any streaming services. No idea what it's doing to eat up that much data.

Tesco finally have high speed data now so going to move to them. €10 a month for 5gb.

What has you using it up so quick? How do you know how much you've used?

I do like the phone but it's a bit too big for me. It drives me mad when I'm going out for a run trying to find a pocket for it.

I'm just using email, Google, Facebook, Twitter, couple or news services, Dropbox for documents etc, internet messaging services and skype.
    I'm getting less time out of the battery since the last update too, hope it was just the update, not the battery going. I was getting almost 2 days (48 hrs) with lighter usage, 1.5 with heavier use, now I'm lucky to get 6am-10pm!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

I'm just using email, Google, Facebook, Twitter, couple or news services, Dropbox for documents etc, internet messaging services and skype.
    I'm getting less time out of the battery since the last update too, hope it was just the update, not the battery going. I was getting almost 2 days (48 hrs) with lighter usage, 1.5 with heavier use, now I'm lucky to get 6am-10pm!

Turn back on the powersave mode- I'm getting about a day and a half easily.

Vis-a-vis getting new HTC ones- the mini is on offer on O2 and Vodafone- but not the One itself (and its unlikely to be- given limited stock).

Turn back on the powersave mode- I'm getting about a day and a half easily.

Using power save, keeps the internet usage down too. (But not enough)

Using power save, keeps the internet usage down too. (But not enough)

Turn off App location sharing- prevents a lot of background updating (powersave doesn't disable it for some reason).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Do O2 have any more billpay deals like this one at the moment?

I just rang to complain about their crappy website not allowing me to view bills for last 3 months and was offered a Christmas special, free calls, free texts and 5gb data for the same €55pm I'm paying now. I said no, as it would extend my contract and I can't wait to get away from O2. (No 3G in my area and it's even poor in Kilkenny City)
    Might be worth asking about offers if you're interested.

Thanks the_conductor, will look at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,294 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

What happens when the contract is up. Do they notify you or how does it work?

I'll be moving back to PAYG as I don't use the phone a huge amount. €20-30 a month credit would be enough for me

• Advertisement

rarnes1 wrote: »
    What happens when the contract is up. Do they notify you or how does it work?

I'll be moving back to PAYG as I don't use the phone a huge amount. €20-30 a month credit would be enough for me

You automatically go on a 30 day month-to-month contract- and you have to give at least 30 days notice to cancel it (e.g. if you cancel it day 2 of one of the 30 day rolling contracts- you are actually giving them 58 days- aka 28days + 30 days- i.e. you have be a nazi watching exactly when to give your notice).

Advertisement