Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nice HTC one billpay deal (IMO)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Cheers, im already paying 4€ p/m I think with ulster bank, plus theres a few other extras with UFirst.

So for an extra €6 you'll get the insurance, well worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

I got almost 4 days out of the battery in London this week! (2-2.5 at home)
    I love this phone!
    The O2 service is crap, will be having a row about the roaming charges when I get back, they said it was set up after me asking 3 times and it wasn't, have a screen shot of the chat assuring me it was.
    Anyone roaming beware!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭billbond4

@O2IrelandShop: Fancy 20% off your next prepay or post pay upgrade? Simply use promo code PRIUP20 on purchase http://t.co/yKNWTRkW11

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

billbond4 wrote: »
    @O2IrelandShop: Fancy 20% off your next prepay or post pay upgrade? Simply use promo code PRIUP20 on purchase http://t.co/yKNWTRkW11

Tried the code just there and its not giving me any discount. When I click apply the page just refreshes with the same balance to be paid. Damn you 02:(

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    Tried the code just there and its not giving me any discount. When I click apply the page just refreshes with the same balance to be paid. Damn you 02:(

And are you an existing o2 Customer?

• Advertisement

And are you an existing o2 Customer?

No, that must be it.

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    No, that must be it.
    Yeah that's it.
    But if you switch to o2 prepay first then you should be able to get discount,check previous posts on this

Yeah that's it.
    But if you switch to o2 prepay first then you should be able to get discount,check previous posts on this
    Good idea, might look into that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Tried to order HTC one and everything went fine until the last page when it said order cancelled . My card was still charged though and when I went to the help chat the guy suggested I "borrow someone else's card and try again" . Are these guys for real? O2 are now saying it could be up to ten days for a refund .

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

Tony wrote: »
    Tried to order HTC one and everything went fine until the last page when it said order cancelled . My card was still charged though and when I went to the help chat the guy suggested I "borrow someone else's card and try again" . Are these guys for real? O2 are now saying it could be up to ten days for a refund .

Been through all that rubbish with you. They can never tell you exactly what the problem is, and everyone tells you a different story. I have also had the "try someone else's card and try again" speech as well.

If you're lucky, you might be able to get through to somebody that can help you out. A couple of people here suggested calling and asking to be put through to the security team.

• Advertisement

Indeed . I accept credit cards myself so I know for sure that a refund takes nothing like ten days, in fact if you cancel a transaction before midnight it does not go through at all. I'd call the security team but don't have the spare cash right now but thanks for the suggestion and sorry for the off topic post.

Basil3 wrote: »
    Been through all that rubbish with you. They can never tell you exactly what the problem is, and everyone tells you a different story. I have also had the "try someone else's card and try again" speech as well.

If you're lucky, you might be able to get through to somebody that can help you out. A couple of people here suggested calling and asking to be put through to the security team.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

I gave up and took out a Vodafone contract instead. I did this yesterday evening. My new HTC One M7- was delivered this afternoon. Its more expensive, but thank God I don't have to deal with these jokers.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭delboy76

54kroc wrote: »
    So for an extra €6 you'll get the insurance, well worth it.

The only thing with the ufirst insurance is the €90-95 excess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

delboy76 wrote: »
    The only thing with the ufirst insurance is the €90-95 excess.

I'm pretty sure you have to pay an excess with most of the alternatives as well, granted it's never as much but the excess with ufirst is only €20 more than the last crowd I was with.
    I'm not saying it's the best out there but my ufirst account is certainly saving me money.

As it happens I talked with a very helpful guy called Michael in customer care who came up with the workaround of an upgrade change which means I can collect and pay in store at the same price . Hopefully the refund comes through soon.

Basil3 wrote: »
    If you're lucky, you might be able to get through to somebody that can help you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Issac

Tony wrote: »
    As it happens I talked with a very helpful guy called Michael in customer care who came up with the workaround of an upgrade change which means I can collect and pay in store at the same price . Hopefully the refund comes through soon.

Hi Tony, I was just about to point you in the direction of a thread dedicated to these cancellations. Glad you got it sorted! It was actually a guy called Michael that sorted the problem for me in there too. I wonder if it was the same guy?
    Did they tell you why the original order was cancelled? My order got caught in a ridiculous catch 22 - I needed to put down a security deposit before buying the phone but couldn't put a deposit down before I created an account - which wasn't possible through the on-line store. That and the fact that my security documents (bank statement and i.d. scan) got caught up in the wrong department.
    Anyway, enjoy the phone, it's a cracker.

Issac wrote: »
    Hi Tony, I was just about to point you in the direction of a thread dedicated to these cancellations. Glad you got it sorted! It was actually a guy called Michael that sorted the problem for me in there too. I wonder if it was the same guy?

Thanks for the kind words. There's a good chance it was the same guy, his accent was not Dublin, more like Cork or nearby. Hes the first one I have talked to that was about solutions and seemed to know the workarounds to solve problems.
    Issac wrote: »
    Did they tell you why the original order was cancelled?

No just said technical problems. What really annoys me is that the first order was refunded right away but not the second and the guys in the online chat insisted this could not happen, my online bank says otherwise:-) I'll think long and hard before using the online service again to upgrade the phone but more likely O2 will be Three by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭BigAl81

Ordered up yesterday for in store collection, just waiting to pick it up now ;o) Thanks for the tip OP.

BTW, I could only get 10% off by chatting to the online agent, still a good deal though!

Go Team!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,860 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Bought this phone Sunday night. Got it delivered yesterday (Tuesday) to my job.
    The size will take some getting used to, but I'm happy with the deal.
    Was painless porting from Meteor.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 1059007

Just singed up on the 12 month contract of 55 euro and convinced o2 to give me the HTC One for free.... I is a very happy person right now. €660 for unlimited calls and texts with a free HTC One worth over €500... Thanks O2 :D

PS Any wants a 10% discount on phones online, type "Chat10", so HTC One on a 6 month contract at €55, works out to be €179.90 instead of €199.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,462 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

1059007 wrote: »
    Just singed up on the 12 month contract of 55 euro and convinced o2 to give me the HTC One for free.... I is a very happy person right now. €660 for unlimited calls and texts with a free HTC One worth over €500... Thanks O2 :D

PS Any wants a 10% discount on phones online, type "Chat10", so HTC One on a 6 month contract at €55, works out to be €179.90 instead of €199.

How'd you do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭oxygen

1059007 wrote: »

Jaysus, thats allright. Honestly, I was thinking about it, and I think I'd personally rather pay €179 to be out of a contract in 6 months and be able to start shopping around for the latest greatest model.

I signed up over lunch as well. Spoke to a fello named John on chat but I have a sneaking suspicion he was Indian. He was fairly helpful, I asked him for a discount code and he gave me the Chat10 %10 discount code. As mentioned above, porting was painless.

Hopefully on Friday Ill have a shiny new HTC One.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Payton

My contract is finished with meteor next month so hopefully the offer will still be available. :-\

• Registered Users Posts: 38 redsovine

Thanks for posting this

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭oxygen

Jaysus, thats allright. Honestly, I was thinking about it, and I think I'd personally rather pay €179 to be out of a contract in 6 months and be able to start shopping around for the latest greatest model.

I signed up over lunch as well. Spoke to a fello named John on chat but I have a sneaking suspicion he was Indian. He was fairly helpful, I asked him for a discount code and he gave me the Chat10 %10 discount code. As mentioned above, porting was painless.

Hopefully on Friday Ill have a shiny new HTC One.

Phone arrived to work yesterday, posting from it now. Great phone and really good deal. Cheers OP!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Im guessing one would need to buy out of existing emobile contract before availaing of this offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Quick question on the monthly billing by DD. When did people pay their first monthly installment and how much (assuming on the 55)as im curious about what came out of my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,417 ✭✭✭✭cson

Ordered Tuesday night, got the phone yesterday and ported this morning. Completely painless process. Phone's a bit bigger and bulkier than my One S which I'm not delighted with and I'm still getting the hang of it but seems like a solid piece of kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭SteM

cson wrote: »
    Phone's a bit bigger and bulkier than my One S which I'm not delighted with......

Don't mean to be rude but what exactly did you expect? The first thing I do when I'm upgrading is go and look at the phone I'm upgrading to in a shop and see if I'm happy with it's size and weight. If I can't find one to look at I go on the internet and find at its size and weight specs compared to my current phone.

The One is night and day to the One S. The One X was bigger and bulkier than the One S and the One is an upgrade to the X.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

Just ordered this today, the earliest I could port my number over was next Friday, can they not just port my number over in store when I pick it up?

Advertisement