Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Squats the Story MkII- Off topic thread

Options
1324325326327328330»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

He hasn't competed since 2013 cause of injury and subsequent decision to not compete, presumably possibly cause he's on dat dere supplements.

He's not a powerlifter, he's a weightlifter so there is no 'competition depth' for him, there's just squat how low you can.

Is Clarence on the juice?? I thought he was just a freak!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

TRS30 wrote:
    Is Clarence on the juice?? I thought he was just a freak!

How many people in the world pause squat 300 at 100kg bw?

Now tell me how many of those were caught doping.

Hint: A lot

How many people in the world pause squat 300 at 100kg bw?

Now tell me how many of those were caught doping.

Hint: A lot

Not doubting you at all. Just never heard that, not that I follow him much other then what I see on here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Not super cool to drop accusations about the guy doping, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Not accusing him at all, just saying that he is in all likelihood. Don't get the impression that this takes anything away from though, I respect the hell out of him and he's a million times the athlete I'll ever be. I'd just rather not be naive about these things.

Pat mendes put up WR numbers in training, squatted 800lbs but got nabbed twice and now his career is over. Not saying Clarence will end up like him, but you can be damn sure he's aware that lifts in training/on the internet are just that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Not cool and against the rules. No more doping speculation please.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭Thud

TRS30 wrote: »
    When doing dips have been getting a pain right between my pecs. Normal or doing something wrong?

How severe is it?
    Could be costochondritis, I got it a few years back, takes ages to get rid of.
    Look into other tricep exercises

Thud wrote: »
    How severe is it?
    Could be costochondritis, I got it a few years back, takes ages to get rid of.
    Look into other tricep exercises

As an another poster suggested I tried making sure I was staying vertical and didn't get any pain. Thanks anyway, sounds painful btw!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Meridian peanut butter 5 euro in Supervalue, have seen it in two diff Supervalue stores in Sligo so it might be a countrywide deal.

On a side note is peanut butter addiction a thing? I need help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,568 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

JJayoo wrote: »
    Meridian peanut butter 5 euro in Supervalue, have seen it in two diff Supervalue stores in Sligo so it might be a countrywide deal.

How's the cut going?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭caviardreams

JJayoo wrote: »

Had to walk past a big dump bin of it in my local SV repeating *must not buy* to myself. Probably would have had the whole tub devoured before I even got to the till :o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

How's the cut going?

I just started back at it properly last week, would guess I'm about 14%. This peanut butter situation may scupper my plans

• Registered Users Posts: 39,133 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

One thing that never ceases to amaze me with the gym is the sheer craziness of some people.
    The other day, a women was using calf raise machine that was loaded to the hilt with plates. Tried to do a few reps, struggled immediately and blew her ankle. I don't know if it was a broken bone, or a torn ligament. I'd guess it was one or the other though. Stupid behaviour leads to accidents, the gym is no acceptation.
    Then her lawyer contact the gym to let them know she is sueing them for damages. WTF?

I'm sorry she was hurt of course. But you you try to lift a weight that's too heavy for you, and you hurt yourself, that's your fault imo.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Thread limit almost met. I am going to have to lock it and we'll move on. I'll copy the posts from the last page over to the new thread.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement