Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Squats the Story MkII- Off topic thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

Where the hell did this guy come out of??!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BNmxIzNBN_I/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,783 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

https://www.instagram.com/p/BNmxIzNBN_I/

Can't see the numbers lifted in kg

• Registered Users Posts: 39,192 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Somewhere in the pacific islands by the look of him.
    They build them big out there
    Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Can't see the numbers lifted in kg

470kg
    1036lb

• Registered Users Posts: 24,584 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Where the hell did this guy come out of?

He was 2nd to Ray Williams at the IPF Worlds a few months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭CWF

Natty lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

If he fails are those spotters going to do anything other than get crushed?

Zillah wrote: »
    If he fails are those spotters going to do anything other than get crushed?

They'll probably also scream

Is Hanley really banned?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

CWF wrote: »
    Is Hanley really banned?

Well he's still marked as banned, so yeah. I doubt he's terribly upset over it though tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

All part of his plan....your gonna see RevFit gyms opening up everywhere, overnight 1000s

• Advertisement

JJayoo wrote: »
    All part of his plan....your gonna see RevFit gyms opening up everywhere, overnight 1000s

"Boards.ie mods hate him, all because of his one weird tip. Subscribe to this email list and find out why."

"Boards.ie mods hate him, all because of his one weird tip. Subscribe to this email list and find out why."

sterling-archer-meme-generator-just-the-tip-10e54b.jpg

Hahaha, brilliant!!!!

Anybody know what happened!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

CWF wrote: »
    Hahaha, brilliant!!!!

Anybody know what happened!?

Scroll back a couple of pages; there was a good bit of discussion on it. TLDR; loada bollocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭CM24

Any chance the Ben Dunne gyms will go to 24 hours? I'm currently a member of the Carlisle. Has everything I want, but the opening hours are a pain, especially at the weekends. They start asking people to leave half an hour before the advertised closing hours too.

Would go to Flyefit but parking seems to be a bit of a mare in any of the ones nearest to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

I assume RAW still does day-passes? Want to check out the new sandyford setup while I'm back in Ireland for xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,119 ✭✭✭COH

Sangre wrote: »
    I assume RAW still does day-passes? Want to check out the new sandyford setup while I'm back in Ireland for xmas.

Free 5 day trial on the website

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭dashoonage

COH wrote: »
    Free 5 day trial on the website

Pimping Raw......tut

#hanleylives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

CM24 wrote: »
    Any chance the Ben Dunne gyms will go to 24 hours? I'm currently a member of the Carlisle. Has everything I want, but the opening hours are a pain, especially at the weekends. They start asking people to leave half an hour before the advertised closing hours too.

Would go to Flyefit but parking seems to be a bit of a mare in any of the ones nearest to me.

Yes the closing times are a royal pain in the arse in Ben Dunnes gyms. But in Northwood you're left alone and not hassled out early.

I can't ever see them go 24hrs like FF.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭kevpants

COH wrote: »
    Its mad ... I have a really large circle of friends that exists as a direct result of the health and fitness forum here going back years. It used to be such a fun place but sadly 99% off them no longer post here (most of them check in from time to time though lol).

There were of course always a few w*nkers too... but thats life I guess and it kept things interesting in a shared enemy kind of way.

Used to be that aside.from banter and exchanging ideas here we'd organise nights out, group meet ups and training sessions etc. Ive been to more than one wedding of people I met from here, many have been oit for my birthdays etc. Hell two of my friends who I met through here met each other and got married as a result of one of the free lifting workshops a few years back.

But it really has changed for the worse - I dont contribute in the open forum much myself anymore (I do mostly by PM if someone genuinely needs help etc) , theres next to zero good discussion anymore and I often think about shutting down my log as well as theres just zero banter or cammaraderie even in that section anymore.

Anyway I'm not talking about Hanleys ban specifically - Nice work there though *insert slow sarcastic clap* and I'm sure none of you will really care... but what Im trying to say is that this place is a shadow of what it was and should be.

PS - I rode all yer ma's and I'd like to take this opportunity to apologise to absolutely f*cking nobody

How do I downvote this?

• Advertisement

kevpants wrote: »
    How do I downvote this?
    You're alive!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Did my first rack squat & deadlifts this week, had been told to steer clear of weighted squats due to APT but had been getting on fine with goblet squats the past few weeks so chucked a mere 40kg up and got on grand, hoping to keep up that weight for a few sessions - get the form right before trying heavier....unless you guys think I should just go straight to 200 or so kg?? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,536 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

D'Agger wrote: »
    Did my first rack squat & deadlifts this week, had been told to steer clear of weighted squats due to APT but had been getting on fine with goblet squats the past few weeks so chucked a mere 40kg up and got on grand, hoping to keep up that weight for a few sessions - get the form right before trying heavier....unless you guys think I should just go straight to 200 or so kg?? :pac:

Why just 200? Go for 300. And post the video up here so we can, umm, assess your form.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Why just 200? Go for 300. And post the video up here so we can, umm, assess your form.
    Dead right, may as well challenge myself, squatting 300 while taking a video on my phone sounds tough....but do-able

https://www.instagram.com/p/BN4ZyDbh_9H/?taken-by=hookgrip&hl=en

Just in case you thought there was only one middleweight 16yr old american kid clean and jerking weights most would be happy to deadlift.

CJ Cummings did 183, unoffically beating his own WR which he set just a month ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Oh, I see they have a limited edition Gingerbread flavour whey at MyProtein for Xmas - I know I am such a sucker for marketing :o, but, but, but, but gingerbread! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 36,261 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

https://www.facebook.com/USAWeightlifting/videos/10155180291455139/

Kid is unreal. Shame weightlifting is currently imploding at an elite level.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Some great advice here for any new females (or males for the vast majority of the content, though a couple are probably more relevant for females!) looking to get started in the gym - might be of interest to any new year resolutionists :D

32 Beautiful Badass Strength Training Tips and Principles - Nia Shanks
    http://www.niashanks.com/beautiful-badass-strength-training-tips-principles/

A few I like in particular:
    9. Do your best on any given day
    15. Consistency is still the most important factor for success
    30. There’s nothing wrong with changing your goals
    32. Your ability to adapt will determine your success

I don't even...

160kg (double.bodyweight) squat...goes hands-free at the bottom...and has a 35s pause to solve a Rubik's cube....

...ad you do.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BOGhh2GhqEp/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,261 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I don't even...

160kg (double.bodyweight) squat...goes hands-free at the bottom...and has a 35s pause to solve a Rubik's cube....

...ad you do.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BOGhh2GhqEp/

His instagram generally is just crazy. Sick athlete - lots of crazy jumps and unbridled explosiveness on show.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement