Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Squats the Story MkII- Off topic thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Elverys have a buy one get one half price deal on ADIDAS POWERLIFT.3

Normal price 125

You can buy from their website, free delivery over 50

• Registered Users Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Best Fitness articles of 2016
    https://www.theptdc.com/2016/12/best-fitness-articles-of-2016/

Not picked by me :D But looks an interesting enough round-up.

On adverts, guy just sold two 50kg dumbbells for 60euro

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

JJayoo wrote: »
    On adverts, guy just sold two 50kg dumbbells for 60euro

Jesus christ he got lucky with that one

It's been there for weeks, in Bray. Always so much good stuff on adverts over Eastsideeeeee fook all Westside :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

saw a bit of this odd cartoon on RTE this morning, promoting leg day

end of the second one is the weirdest bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=As1rWx2IiV4

• Registered Users Posts: 24,584 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

rubadub wrote: »

"Oh. My. Quad.

Dem legs."

:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Teen Titans GO!

My kids are addicted to it. We're watching it right now in fact.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Brian? wrote: »
    Teen Titans GO!.

I wondered if it was someones response to, or "having an issue" with johnny bravo.

"buns are for burgers bro"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Guys, has anyone ever used a leg extension machine for hip thrusts?? Saw it on insta the other day and it seems to be a thing. Looks way more comfy than trying to squeeze under a heavy bar and having to bring a squat pad thing, but I really don't want to be that person who gets funny looks/lols/ends up in a youtube clip of people mis-using gym equipment* :o:o:o

*I have a feeling this is inevitable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,584 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Guys, has anyone ever used a leg extension machine for hip thrusts?? Saw it on insta the other day and it seems to be a thing. Looks way more comfy than trying to squeeze under a heavy bar and having to bring a squat pad thing, but I really don't want to be that person who gets funny looks/lols/ends up in a youtube clip of people mis-using gym equipment* :o:o:o

I saw it once....in that episode of McGuyver.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,783 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

I wouldn't even know how approach the movement on that machine

• Registered Users Posts: 6 compeatingpear

I've done it a few times. Upper back on the seat, pad thing at the hip crease. It takes some fiddling to get the position set up right (best done when the gym is quiet, I'm sure I looked like a right eejit :D) but it's defiantly worth the effort. Only two barbells in my gym & its a pain using the little studio bars & their tiny, tiny weights.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

I wondered if it was someones response to, or "having an issue" with johnny bravo.

"buns are for burgers bro"

It wouldn't surprise me, that show is mental.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Does anybody know where to get tape for sensitive skin?
    I have an ankle injury at the moment and I've developed a pain in my foot. After talking to my physio the sesamoid bones (I think that's what he called them!) and tendons below my big toe are tender and I've obviously changed how I'm walking slightly to compensate for my ankle. The physio showed me how to tape it to take the pressure off it, but the tape he gave me has given me a bad rash. I've had this issue with some plasters in the past too. So I'm looking for tape that is good for sensitive skin. Does anybody know where I can get some? Preferably south city centre

• Registered Users Posts: 31,832 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

BDJW wrote: »
    I have an ankle injury at the moment and I've developed a pain in my foot. After talking to my physio the sesamoid bones (I think that's what he called them!) and tendons below my big toe are tender and I've obviously changed how I'm walking slightly to compensate for my ankle. The physio showed me how to tape it to take the pressure off it, but the tape he gave me has given me a bad rash. I've had this issue with some plasters in the past too. So I'm looking for tape that is good for sensitive skin. Does anybody know where I can get some? Preferably south city centre

Oh boy. You're in for a treat!!
    I damaged my sesamoid nearly 5 years ago and I'm still suffering and under the care of an orthopaedic surgeon.

Sorry I can't answer your question. I do remember the pain of pulling off the tape. It's a sensitive area!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Oh boy. You're in for a treat!!
    I damaged my sesamoid nearly 5 years ago and I'm still suffering and under the care of an orthopaedic surgeon.

Sorry I can't answer your question. I do remember the pain of pulling off the tape. It's a sensitive area!

For the couple of days that I had the tape on, it provided huge relief. But seeing as I can't use the tape I have at the moment, I'm back to being sore :(

• Registered Users Posts: 31,832 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

For the couple of days that I had the tape on, it provided huge relief. But seeing as I can't use the tape I have at the moment, I'm back to being sore :(

Yeah the tape helps. Mine was actually broken so I should have been on crutches but nobody noticed that. Was told it was turf toe. The physio messed around with my pelvis and spine and the amount of pressure that was taken away was unreal and I had some extra movement straight away but it was still insanely painful.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭TheSegal

Gave up smoking mid way through December, not feeling any cravings and was able to get through Christmas nights out without smoking. The weird part of it all though is I feel like my lung capacity is worse since giving them up! I know that sounds strange but did anyone else here who gave up ever get that feeling? I know it should go away when my body starts repairing itself but it's a pain in the ass at the minute

Cookie dough Quest bars half price in H+B because best before is coming up........Also in the buy one get one for 1cent deal :)

Two bars for 1.88 NICE.

H+B on shop street Galway

Thy also have grenade carb killer bars 3 for 5 euro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

anyone ever bring protein on a plane as carry on? Obviously legality wise I know its ok but I'm wondering how likely I am to be asked about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,783 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

anyone ever bring protein on a plane as carry on? Obviously legality wise I know its ok but I'm wondering how likely I am to be asked about it?

If they spot it I'd imagine they'd ask about it. But if it's protein you've nothing to worry about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

You're looking for Mueller tape, and you can get it in Physio Needs in Irishtown

We use it all the time for injured feet and fingers in Judo & BJJ.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

I did last year, AerLingus and only had carryon, it was just in a ziploc bag, no questions asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Good few times. No hassle. Brought a lacrosse ball once and that had security scrambling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Has anyone had a look at that thread over on After Hours titled "The truth about obesity"? Jesus what a car crash, only flicked through a few pages and it smacks of "oh if you're into fitness/nutrition, you're obviously some sort of up your own arse expert" and "I stopped reading when people talked about "macros"..."

Some load of bro science and fatlogic being spouted as well, apparently it's all about your metabolism and genetics that determines your weight and it seems weight is not an indicator of health....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

after hours nuff said

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    If they spot it I'd imagine they'd ask about it. But if it's protein you've nothing to worry about.

They have drug test machines at the security check points. So even if they do notice it, they will just do a quick test and you will be on your way in 60 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

TheSegal wrote: »
    Gave up smoking mid way through December, not feeling any cravings and was able to get through Christmas nights out without smoking. The weird part of it all though is I feel like my lung capacity is worse since giving them up! I know that sounds strange but did anyone else here who gave up ever get that feeling? I know it should go away when my body starts repairing itself but it's a pain in the ass at the minute

Its likely that your lungs are just becoming sensitive to what you're breathing rather than capacity decreasing.

It will take months to recover your lung capacity but exercise will help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Killgore Trout

I have brought whey powder on holidays. Along with baby milk, talcum powder and assorted stuff that could be "suspicious". I've been bringing coffee mate powdered milk stuff away for years without a problem.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement