Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knackers trying to scare people by shouting in faces.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Kirby92

Just fake a Russian accent. Problem solved.

Seachmall wrote: »
    I know! Isn't this discussion great!

Where else on the internet will you come across people arguing in favour of "interfering" with children with trowels as a form of punishment?!

Oh God, I love AH sooooooo much.

But what sort of man's first response is to grab a trowel and think "groiny-stabby! groiny-stabby!"?!

Dear lord, I think I might cry! :D

So you're calling him a pedophile, is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Lelantos wrote: »
    Maybe, but an a teen that has no fear attacking an adult will certainly have none attacking a child.

Ah come on, kicking someone in the rump while it's sticking up in the air is hardly an "attack!"

I'd find that target a little difficult to resist.

Ah come on, kicking someone in the rump while it's sticking up in the air is hardly an "attack!"

Do you get many kicks up the arse during your work day?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Rojomcdojo wrote: »
    So you're calling him a pedophile, is it?

Of course not. I think it's clear there was nothing sexual about what happened but the absolute lunacy of the whole thing has me grinning madly while shaking my head in disapproval.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

I, as a 32yo man am walking down the street & I see an 9 months pregnant woman bending over to pick up her purse & I think, yep! Bishop Brennan time & I kick her up the hole, do I j ust saunter on down the street humming a merry tune or does someone interfere with me with a gardening implement?

I feel I should point out that a few weeks ago I was reading in Eyre Square in Galway when a man who was intoxicated in some manner kicked over a bin, then called me a "rat" as he walked past, then indicated to a passerby that I was a "ratbastard." (For the record, as far I'm aware, I'm neither a "rat" nor a "ratbastard."

A few years ago while walking a quiet road, a man squared up to me as though to fight me.

On a small number of occasions, people driving past have called me names I can never really hear properly, partly due to surprise and the doppler effect.

On none of these occasions have I ever reacted, as I wasn't offended and I didn't see the point.

Was I wrong? Should I have gouged out their eyes with a screwdriver? Stuck a spade up their arses? Worried their ears with a pliers?
    Rojomcdojo wrote: »
    Do you get many kicks up the arse during your work day?

Eh, no, but I've lived a long and full life and have received a few kicks to the posterior in my time, none of which hurt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭Ilik Urgee

Jesus Christ.

Augmerson's the Messiah?:confused:

In fairness, that's "a call to arms" if ever there was one. It's like standing in front of a wild beast- scream as loud as you can and stand as tall as you can-they'll back down.

I, as a 32yo man am walking down the street & I see an 9 months pregnant woman bending over to pick up her purse & I think, yep! Bishop Brennan time & I kick her up the hole, do I j ust saunter on down the street humming a merry tune or does someone interfere with me with a gardening implement?

I don't see the comparison between a 32-year old man kicking a heavily-pregnant woman in the arse while she's bending over and off balance, and a 12-year old with his friends kicking a big, grown man in the arse while he's on his hands and knees.

Am I missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭dutopia

Happened to my wife a few weeks ago in Temple Bar... gave her a fright and she's pregnant too. Wanted to knock the head off him but he'd gone when I got there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭keelanj69

Eh, no, but I've lived a long and full life and have received a few kicks to the posterior in my time, none of which hurt.

So you don't care about the principle of the thing so long as it didn't hurt?

I don't see the comparison between a 32-year old man kicking a heavily-pregnant woman in the arse while she's bending over and off balance, and a 12-year old with his friends kicking a big, grown man in the arse while he's on his hands and knees.

Am I missing something?

Yes, quite obviously

Yes, quite obviously

You're comparing a kid acting the bollix to be a big man on front of his friends to a man potentially causing serious harm to a woman and her unborn child.

That's not like with like.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

You're comparing a kid acting the bollix to be a big man on front of his friends to a man potentially causing serious harm to a woman and her unborn child.

This is what gets me tbh, the fact that most people seem to think that harrasing/abusing etc a pregnant woman is somehow worse than doing the same to any other person :rolleyes:
    Again, correct me if im wrong, but is it not just as bad whether the person is pregnant or not?! Man, woman, pregnant woman, child etc, If you unprovokably and for no real reason cause abuse etc to them then you got to expect some kind of consequence tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

TroutMask wrote: »
    My impression of Dublin is not based on a single anecdote. It has been built up over the 35 years that I have lived and worked in Dublin.

and yet its so bad, you chose to still live in modern day Sodom ??

you are either fiercely unlucky and attract these kind of demonic drug zombies that follow you around,

or.............

you are a drama queen.

funny - constantly gets ranked in the top ten of these must see or live in city's by rough guide and the like.

maybe its just you - i suggest you move - its in everyone's interest.

candy-gal1 wrote: »
    This is what gets me tbh, the fact that most people seem to think that harrasing/abusing etc a pregnant woman is somehow worse than doing the same to any other person :rolleyes:
    Again, correct me if im wrong, but is it not just as bad whether the person is pregnant or not?!
    They're all bad but a pregnant woman is far more vulnerable and far more susceptible to serious injury than a fully grown man.

I really can't believe someone needs to make the point that kicking a pregnant woman is worse than booting a man up the arse.
    Man, woman, pregnant woman, child etc, If you unprovokably and for no real reason cause abuse etc to them then you got to expect some kind of consequence tbh.
    No doubt, but there are limits to what constitutes as reasonable retribution imo.

Unprovoked assault is unprovoked assault. The extreme case was to show that if it's not acceptable or lawful in that case, it isn't in the other..

Unprovoked assault is unprovoked assault.
    That's not true. Not even the law sees it that way. We give the courts the discretion to assign varying sentences depending on the perceived severity or malice of the assault.
    The extreme case was to show that if it's not acceptable or lawful in that case, it isn't in the other..

Nobody suggested it was acceptable or lawful in any case.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

They're all bad but a pregnant woman is far more vulnerable and far more susceptible to serious injury than a fully grown man.

I really can't believe someone needs to make the point that kicking a pregnant woman is worse than booting a man up the arse.

No doubt, but there are limits to what constitutes as reasonable retribution imo.

I agree with you on that tbh, but whether theres a risk of serious injury or not,no -one should randomly just cause that type of hassle and basically assult to anyone for no known reason like that.

If I really wanted to go into it, I could say that being pregnant is a choice so being extra careful is on your own head really, but just going about your daily business on a day to day basis is kinda a basic human right imho.
    But, methinks saying that is going to possibly open up a whole can of worms on this thread, well see! :)

On a lighter note, just noticed this, keep reading the thread title in my head as

Knackers trying to scare people by shouting in faeces.

:):p

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 743 Mod ✭✭✭✭TroutMask

dj jarvis wrote: »

you are either fiercely unlucky and attract these kind of demonic drug zombies that follow you around,

or.............

you are a drama queen.

funny - constantly gets ranked in the top ten of these must see or live in city's by rough guide and the like.

:rolleyes: I'm currently not living in Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Scumbags aren't just found in Irish city centers.I was in Brussels 3 years ago and the amount of tracksuit wearing knacks was unreal.Mind you a lot of them seemed to be of North African extraction rather than native.I witnessed a bunch of them smash a plate glass door of a shopping center on the main bouevard in broad daylight and walk off laughing.

That's not true. Not even the law sees it that way. We give the courts the discretion to assign varying sentences depending on the perceived severity or malice of the assault.

Nobody suggested it was acceptable or lawful in any case.

Point missed. Assault is unlawful. Sentencing is the punishment for the crime, severity is irrelevant

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 279 ✭✭thomur

dj jarvis wrote: »

or.............

you are a drama queen.

Agree mate, Im 44 years in Dublin. A mile from the Phoenix park. Walked home from town at night 100's of times. Walked the dogs in the Phoenix park 100's of times and never seen anything or been remotely frightened. Still, it helps to be alert. In Ballina a few weeks ago and a fight broke out in the pub. Never seen that in Dublin, so it happens everywhere.

Assault is unlawful.
    I'm not disagreeing.
    Sentencing is the punishment for the crime, severity is irrelevant
    Severity is very much relevant. Anyone who has read a newspaper or listened to the news has identified a correlation between severity of a crime and the sentencing received.

I'm not disagreeing.

But you did disagree

But you did disagree

Where did I say that assault was lawful?

keelanj69 wrote: »
    So you don't care about the principle of the thing so long as it didn't hurt?

In the case getting a kick in the arse, yes. I really don't see what principle is being violated, as it's hardly the most painful or humiliating experience.

I see it as a childish nuisance, especially if it comes from an actual child.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

In the case getting a kick in the arse, yes. I really don't see what principle is being violated, as it's hardly the most painful or humiliating experience.
    I'd have to disagree dude on the not that humiliating bit. Leaning over and someone kicked me up the arse? I'd feel well humiliated! It's a c*nty thing to do. I'd put it in the same category as throwing eggs out a moving car window at someone, splashing someone with a massive puddle. Again, not life shattering, not seriously damaging/painful physically, but done to ridicule a person for absolutely no reason. Complete malice of forethought and deserving of a slap, IMO.

I'd have to disagree dude on the not that humiliating bit. Leaning over and someone kicked me up the arse? I'd feel well humiliated! It's a c*nty thing to do. I'd put it in the same category as throwing eggs out a moving car window at someone, splashing someone with a massive puddle. Again, not life shattering, not seriously damaging/painful physically, but done to ridicule a person for absolutely no reason. Complete malice of forethought and deserving of a slap, IMO.

I don't know, I just don't think it's that bad. It's not nice of course, and it is embarrassing, but I think it'd always reflect worse on the kicker than on the kickee.
    If it was an adult doing the kicking it'd be worse because you'd expect more cop on from an adult and it would be more painful.
    But when it's a kid, it just seems like stupid messing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭keelanj69

I see it as a childish nuisance, especially if it comes from an actual child.

My constititional right to have a kick-free arse is being violated.

You wont mind bending over at a boards beers sometime and letting everyone hoof you one in the hole so?

Seeing as its no big deal.

Advertisement