Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knackers trying to scare people by shouting in faces.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

keelanj69 wrote: »
    My constititional right to have a kick-free arse is being violated.

You wont mind bending over at a boards beers sometime and letting everyone hoof you one in the hole so?

Seeing as its no big deal.

Exaggerations like this don't help your case. I never once stated that I'd welcome a large group of mostly men kicking me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭keelanj69

Exaggerations like this don't help your case. I never once stated that I'd welcome a large group of mostly men kicking me.

My case doesnt need help. Arse kicking is not on. What if he burst a colostomy bag? Or he was holding on a big log? These situations are why society in general has a no arse kicking policy, however young.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭wesf

Greentopia wrote: »
    The only lesson he probably learned is in future to pick on people more his own size or those who look smaller, weaker or more vulnerable than him.

Violence begets violence and solves nothing.

It's all some of this scum understand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

I never once stated that I'd welcome a large group of mostly men kicking me.
    Oh, so you wouldn't mind a few buxom comely maidens doing it, eh...? Eh? :rolleyes:

Oh, so you wouldn't mind a few buxom comely maidens doing it, eh...? Eh? :rolleyes:

Frankly, I'd assumed that's what's going to happen at the next Beers. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

I don't know, I just don't think it's that bad. It's not nice of course, and it is embarrassing, but I think it'd always reflect worse on the kicker than on the kickee.
    If it was an adult doing the kicking it'd be worse because you'd expect more cop on from an adult and it would be more painful.
    But when it's a kid, it just seems like stupid messing.

Can I ask you what would be the correct way to react to this? Did you want him to call the Gardai or to just simply do nothing?

The kid wasn't harmed either but was taught a lesson. I can guarantee you that if more people decided to react in this manner we'd see a lot less of this yob culture on the streets.
    Little scumbag Johnny wouldn't think he was untouchable if more people stood up for themselves and that poster was more than entitled to give the little s*it a scare.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭crockholm

Getting a wry smile from all the advocates of arse-kicking.

Little background info........working beside a busy road,cars passing at 50-60 kmph,at a high kerb.

loving the discription of tap on the bottom,actually closer to taking a penalty. Had to put the hands out to stop myself falling onto the road. Jumped up straight away and attacked the facker.

A pointing trowel has a rounded top too for those who don't know.

Seachmall and moo,there might come a day when something like that happens to you,but your inner fear and cowardice will probably best you. All I gave was an anecdote of a bad experience I had,not a vigilante,or a superhero who beats up teenage boys for sexual kicks. Wait till the shoe is on the other foot

• Registered Users Posts: 12,796 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

To be honest I've been in Dublin city centre working this last week and there does seem to be a high level of knacker/scumbags knocking about.

I moved from the country in northern ireland to Australia and then to Dublin 12 years ago. I love the city - i love that I can do so many things every day....however...I am worried at the amount of useless good for nothing w*nkers that parade about like the world owes them a living. Pricks who enjoy seeing others humiliated, scared and in fear of their surroundings.

There is a phone booth beside o'connell bridge being used as a toilet on Friday by a scumbag. This morning it had a huge puddle of yellow vomit in it. The boardwalk on the Liffey has been overrun by knackers drinking, roaring at each other and by one guy openly dealing drugs.

I love living in Dublin but I'm afraid of the image that tourists will bring home with them of our capital city.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

crockholm wrote: »
    Seachmall and moo,there might come a day when something like that happens to you,but your inner fear and cowardice will probably best you.

I've had far worse done to me than a kick in the arse by people a tad older than 12, but I didn't resort to fiddling with a kids junk as retribution.

I guess that makes me one of those bleeding heart liberal types.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

TroutMask wrote: »
    :rolleyes: I'm currently not living in Dublin.

well your original post states "after 35 years of living and working in dublin"

it does not state you have left - so on the info you provided its fair to assume you still lived in this filthy aids ridden hell hole.

nice rolleyes - real classy,

Dublin's loss indeed.

• Advertisement

Seachmall wrote: »
    I've had far worse done to me than a kick in the arse by people a tad older than 12, but I didn't resort to fiddling with a kids junk as retribution.

I guess that makes me one of those bleeding heart liberal types.

And it will keep happening,you are rather fixated on the kids junk too, are you worried that I may have damaged that what you covet?

And it will keep happening,you are rather fixated on the kids junk too, are you worried that I may have damaged that what you covet?
    No. Just the idea of a grown man pinning a 12 year old against a wall and prodding his balls with a trowel is pretty disturbing (and hilarous, granted).

The fact that this seems to be a point of pride in your tale is as sad as it is odd.

"Crockholm, sorting out Ireland's scum one child at a time". You should get it printed on a t-shirt.

ColeTrain wrote: »
    Can I ask you what would be the correct way to react to this? Did you want him to call the Gardai or to just simply do nothing?

The kid wasn't harmed either but was taught a lesson. I can guarantee you that if more people decided to react in this manner we'd see a lot less of this yob culture on the streets.
    Little scumbag Johnny wouldn't think he was untouchable if more people stood up for themselves and that poster was more than entitled to give the little s*it a scare.

Pinning kids against a wall and jabbing them in the groin with a trowel is yob culture!

A more natural reaction would have been to grab the kid's collar, curse him a blue streak, shake him up a bit, or maybe shake one's fist and shout at him. Maybe, if one were really mad, give him a little smack across the face or a kick up the arse for himself. You know, normal reactions.
    Getting a wry smile from all the advocates of arse-kicking.

Little background info........working beside a busy road,cars passing at 50-60 kmph,at a high kerb.

loving the discription of tap on the bottom,actually closer to taking a penalty. Had to put the hands out to stop myself falling onto the road. Jumped up straight away and attacked the facker.

A pointing trowel has a rounded top too for those who don't know.

Seachmall and moo,there might come a day when something like that happens to you,but your inner fear and cowardice will probably best you. All I gave was an anecdote of a bad experience I had,not a vigilante,or a superhero who beats up teenage boys for sexual kicks. Wait till the shoe is on the other foot

Your reaction was still grossly disproportionate, and I'm quite sure that the roundness of a trowel is pretty academic when you're "stabbing" (your word) a child in the groin with it. And hoping that an old man trying to help the boy gets robbed by him is absolutely horrible. You can't even use the excuse that you had that thought in the heat of the moment.
    I can't condone your actions or sentiments at all, and I know if I was in your situation I wouldn't react in the same way. Thankfully, most people probably wouldn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Dont blame those people blame their parents who didnt raise them well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

mfceiling wrote: »
    To be honest I've been in Dublin city centre working this last week and there does seem to be a high level of knacker/scumbags knocking about.

I moved from the country in northern ireland to Australia and then to Dublin 12 years ago. I love the city - i love that I can do so many things every day....however...I am worried at the amount of useless good for nothing w*nkers that parade about like the world owes them a living. Pricks who enjoy seeing others humiliated, scared and in fear of their surroundings.

There is a phone booth beside o'connell bridge being used as a toilet on Friday by a scumbag. This morning it had a huge puddle of yellow vomit in it. The boardwalk on the Liffey has been overrun by knackers drinking, roaring at each other and by one guy openly dealing drugs.

I love living in Dublin but I'm afraid of the image that tourists will bring home with them of our capital city.

but its ALL capital city's , not just Dublin , have you been to London recently ?

i was in Helsinki last year , and out side the main train station was like a casting for the walking dead , also got shouted at by some drunk on the tram , so loads of " Dublin " scum bags , but they were Finnish ones.

The day i moved to Frankfurt in the early 90's , i was waiting for someone to collect me , again out side the main train station , some track suited drug addict , slurred something in German , and proceeded to pull her track bottoms down , reached around her knickers and retrieved a strip of pills from her snatch , and then offered them to me , i politely declined.

in that same city i got chased with a friend of mine down Frankfurt's grafton st by a Turkish drug dealer waving a gun.

i hate seeing the center of Dublin like that , or cork for that matter,
    but i also know most capital city's have issues with this, and probably will most tourists who come to visit.

i have yet to visit anywhere that has not got its issues

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Pinning kids against a wall and jabbing them in the groin with a trowel is yob culture!

It's a reaction to yob culture, it wasn't the poster that instigated the confrontation - big difference.

A more natural reaction would have been to grab the kid's collar, curse him a blue streak, shake him up a bit, or maybe shake one's fist and shout at him. Maybe, if one were really mad, give him a little smack across the face or a kick up the arse for himself. You know, normal reactions.

In your opinion they're normal reactions. Surely you can see that people will always react differently and there was no written law to deal with this situation.
    Your reaction was still grossly disproportionate, and I'm quite sure that the roundness of a trowel is pretty academic when you're "stabbing" (your word) a child in the groin with it. And hoping that an old man trying to help the boy gets robbed by him is absolutely horrible. You can't even use the excuse that you had that thought in the heat of the moment.
    I can't condone your actions or sentiments at all, and I know if I was in your situation I wouldn't react in the same way. Thankfully, most people probably wouldn't.

You're being over dramatic there in my opinion. It was just a flippant remark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Wait till the shoe is on the other foot

Or up the other arse, so to speak.

You don't really think what is the correct level of sanction,you like to think im some kind of thug,i'm not,I was doing my job in a dangerous situation,and it happened.The kids went away laughing,but I had no more trouble from them after.
    As for the old man,when he shouted at me to stop I protested that he(old man) had seen the entire incident,he responded by saying "I don't care,you're too big for him" so even if you had responded with your clip across the ear,it wouldn't have mattered,the size discrepancy was all that mattered.So,frankly,I don't give a hoot about the old man.

I'm not claiming to be a poster-boy for anything,i'm not advocating anything,just sharing an unfortunate episode I had.

dj jarvis wrote: »
    but its ALL capital city's , not just Dublin , have you been to London recently ?

i was in Helsinki last year , and out side the main train station was like a casting for the walking dead , also got shouted at by some drunk on the tram , so loads of " Dublin " scum bags , but they were Finnish ones.

The day i moved to Frankfurt in the early 90's , i was waiting for someone to collect me , again out side the main train station , some track suited drug addict , slurred something in German , and proceeded to pull her track bottoms down , reached around her knickers and retrieved a strip of pills from her snatch , and then offered them to me , i politely declined.

in that same city i got chased with a friend of mine down Frankfurt's grafton st by a Turkish drug dealer waving a gun.
    M
    i hate seeing the center of Dublin like that , or cork for that matter,
    but i also know most capital city's have issues with this, and probably will most tourists who come to visit.

i have yet to visit anywhere that has not got its issues

Yes I was over for 3 days last year and I worked there for 2 months a couple of years ago....I witnessed nothing like the wasters that populate the centre of Dublin.

I feel I should point out that a few weeks ago I was reading in Eyre Square in Galway when a man who was intoxicated in some manner kicked over a bin, then called me a "rat" as he walked past, then indicated to a passerby that I was a "ratbastard." (For the record, as far I'm aware, I'm neither a "rat" nor a "ratbastard."

A few years ago while walking a quiet road, a man squared up to me as though to fight me.

On a small number of occasions, people driving past have called me names I can never really hear properly, partly due to surprise and the doppler effect.

On none of these occasions have I ever reacted, as I wasn't offended and I didn't see the point.

Was I wrong? Should I have gouged out their eyes with a screwdriver? Stuck a spade up their arses? Worried their ears with a pliers?

Eh, no, but I've lived a long and full life and have received a few kicks to the posterior in my time, none of which hurt.

This is all grand for you, but the point is, the knackbags do this to EVERYONE. How would you like it if your heavily pregnant wife had some scummer jump in front of her and shout in her face? Or your elderly grandparent?

You might think that poster overreacted, but the very reason there are so many scumbags in Dublin is that too many natives write off their behaviour as 'kids being kids'. Kicking a stranger in the backside is not being a kid, it's being a little kunt who deserves a fitting punishment. Maybe not a trowel in the balls, but something to make him think twice before doing it again. The reason people behave like this in Dublin is that there are no consequences. Try throwing a box of eggs at someone or kicking a stranger up the arse in certain countries and you'll be beaten to a pulp. Hence, there are fewer of these sorts of problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Yes I was over for 3 days last year and I worked there for 2 months a couple of years ago....I witnessed nothing like the wasters that populate the centre of Dublin.

Again I'm going to have to say Dublin is no worse than most other capital cities in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mocha Joe

I'm gonna carry a trowel with me from now on. Fair play to you OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Aced_Up

Reminds me of this:

http://youtu.be/HjW_8tuO3jw

A Brazilian friend of mine was racially abused in Spain for having very dark skin, a friend of mine was pistol whipped in Boston, a work colleague seen a guy beat to a pulp in Poland. As opposed to that we have people shouting in peoples faces and kicking their backsides in Dublin! (not to mention the ball massaging). For capital city we're not doing that bad. Granted we do have problems in our country we policing and the courts but we do not stand out as the most dangerous kip in Europe.

steddyeddy wrote: »
    Again I'm going to have to say Dublin is no worse than most other capital cities in Europe.

Probably isn't but I've been to quite a few of them and you don't see that many wasters in the city centres.

O'connell street seems to be populated by a cast of night of the living dead!!

Probably isn't but I've been to quite a few of them and you don't see that many wasters in the city centres.

Well being a waster isn't against the law unfortunately. I agree I do think there are some bad elements in town but I don't think we're the worst.

In fairness Irish people have a sixth sense when it comes to spotting scumbags among our own. We spot them very easily where people who weren't raised here, or at least hadn't spent a large portion of time here, wouldn't.

I'm sure it's the same in other countries where the locals can identify the trouble a mile off while we'd be oblivious not having lived there for years.

And the opinion of how dangerous your city or capital is seems to be a common theme among people I've met from around Europe. I remember having to listen to 3 Norwegian girls go on about how Oslo was the rape capital of Europe (I've no idea if that's true). And I've heard the same about the Netherlands from Dutch, and similar things from a Belgian girl.

No matter the country people like to focus on, even brag about, how shite everything is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

I don't agree anti social behaviour levels are the same throughout every western city. I think that's a disingenuous view. Up to the early 90s NYC was extremely rife with crime. In Ireland, obviously Limerick has more dangers overall than Galway.
    In Britain, Glasgow is obviously more dangerous overall than Oxford.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭NS77

steddyeddy wrote: »

So does that mean we should put up with what goes on?

Or should we strive to be able to say: "Dublin is much better than most other capital cities in Europe".

It's time for high civic standards in this country!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Hoop66

In Britain, Glasgow is obviously more dangerous overall than Oxford.
    Ever been to Blackbird Leys in Oxford?

It is slightly depressing, especially for the more liberally minded amongst us, that there is an underclass with little fear of authority who can make life miserable for more law-abiding citizens.

I don't offer any solutions, I'm afraid. But I will be buying a trowel at the weekend.

Advertisement