Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knackers trying to scare people by shouting in faces.

Options
  • 05-06-2013 12:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭

What's this new thing knackers are doing whereby they are jumping unexpectedly at people and shouting in their face to try scare them?

Happened to me and the gf in Phoenix park today by some howiya wagon with a can of bulmers and an iphone blaring out techno crap.

I nearly decked her when she jumped in our faces...lucky I didn't. Firstly because I don't like the idea of hitting a woman but secondly because she was with a large group of mates (all head the balls with obligatory t-shirts...scumbags basically). If I had hit her I definitely would have made things worse...for me and my gf.

what angered me though is the girlfriend is pregnant and a sudden shock can't be good for her. Also my instinct was to deck her...and would I have really been responsible if I did hit her?

Anyway my mate said he's noticed it's a new thing or on the increase...jumping out in front of people to try scare them. He also said they love to do it to older tourists. Is that true? And if so can we pass on the message to the scumbags via bebo or something that it's not cool and they should expect a punch if they do it...because that's a natural reaction.

Admittedly it's not as bad as that tango thing from years back but it's hardly the most inventive way of getting kicks.

I know if that howiya hadn't been with a big group of mates she wouldn't have tried it on. It really angered me because although my gf was fine, she got a shock and people don't know what jumping out on people like that can do.

Anyone else notice it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Phill Ewinn

Did you get the ride after all?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Did you get the ride after all?
    Not nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

One of them is bound to get a serious slap with that kind of dick acting. I know my right fist tends to get very jumpy in the direction of people who try that sort of ****.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Hit them, regardless of sex. Hit them and hit them ****ing hard as you can, and as soon as the nearest one comes for you, pull your keys out of your pocket and bury it in their face. Deep in the eye socket. Be screaming while you do this too. I mean really screaming, like Braveheart or something.

Scumbags are scumbags because ordinary people don't do anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Knackers Unchained. The 'k' is silent.

• Advertisement

Augmerson wrote: »
    Hit them, regardless of sex. Hit them and hit them ****ing hard as you can, and as soon as the nearest one comes for you, pull your keys out of your pocket and bury it in their face. Deep in the eye socket. Be screaming while you do this too. I mean really screaming, like Braveheart or something.

How's the ol' keyboard doing after typing that? I'm imagining the S C U and M are shattered :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

In the city all day Monday-Fri and never noticed anything like that.

Only thing I've noticed recently is increased arguing between bf/gf addicts,the hot weather must be annoying them.

Pretty bad one on Grafton Street the other day when a couple were loud and agressively arguing over who owned 4 cans of Pratsky while their toddler was looking on terrified in her buggy.Pretty sure that the fella was going to hit the woman until two massive foreign lads came to her aid and he scarpered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Jesus Christ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

You need a hand gun and you need to use it. Get a gun and blast the next person who gives you a fright... blast them in the fucking face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

You need a hand gun and you need to use it. Get a gun and blast the next person who gives you a fright... blast them in the fucking face.

and turn it sideways when your doing it- like a badass

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

I keep to myself but if some scumbag jumped out in my face giving it loads like that my left fist would be imprinted in their face, i might need Dublin fire-brigade to un-attach my fist before i can move on keeping myself to myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

That is what happens when you have someone from the west in the big house.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,964 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

Start singing back at them. They'll be too shocked and confused to do any real harm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,549 ✭✭✭maryishere

While driving in a car within 2 minutes walk of O'Connell St in Dublin I saw someone innocent getting slapped on the back of the head just for the fun of it, last week, while the slappers scumbag mates looked on and laughed. Not nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

totally right! and then set their house on fire and kill their family pets

scumbags are scumbags because ordinary people don't become idiot scumbags themselves and sink to violent thuggery far worse than what the original "scum" did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

I usually carry a guitar so i would probably do an El Kabong

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Arpa wrote: »
    (all head the balls with obligatory t-shirts...scumbags basically).

T-shirts you say...fecking scumbags!

Links234 wrote: »
    totally right! and then set their house on fire and kill their family pets

scumbags are scumbags because ordinary people don't become idiot scumbags themselves and sink to violent thuggery far worse than what the original "scum" did.

Ah now come on have you not seen Django yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Arpa

petes wrote: »
    T-shirts you say...fecking scumbags!

yeah you get me...lack of t-shirts is what I meant to type

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

What's this new thing knackers are doing whereby they are jumping unexpectedly at people and shouting in their face to try scare them?

Happened to me and the gf in Phoenix park today by some howiya wagon with a can of bulmers and an iphone blaring out techno crap.

I nearly decked her when she jumped in our faces...lucky I didn't. Firstly because I don't like the idea of hitting a woman but secondly because she was with a large group of mates (all head the balls with obligatory t-shirts...scumbags basically). If I had hit her I definitely would have made things worse...for me and my gf.

what angered me though is the girlfriend is pregnant and a sudden shock can't be good for her. Also my instinct was to deck her...and would I have really been responsible if I did hit her?

Anyway my mate said he's noticed it's a new thing or on the increase...jumping out in front of people to try scare them. He also said they love to do it to older tourists. Is that true? And if so can we pass on the message to the scumbags via bebo or something that it's not cool and they should expect a punch if they do it...because that's a natural reaction.

Admittedly it's not as bad as that tango thing from years back but it's hardly the most inventive way of getting kicks.

I know if that howiya hadn't been with a big group of mates she wouldn't have tried it on. It really angered me because although my gf was fine, she got a shock and people don't know what jumping out on people like that can do.

Anyone else notice it?

Something similar happened to me a little while ago on Parnell st. Some scumbag walking towards me on the footpath suddenly jumped into my path and started screaming at me. I instinctively pushed him away without thinking. He got all agitated and started hurling abuse at me and telling me that he was going to call the guards to get me done for assault. I told him to go ahead and call them so we could find out who they would believe.

He then called me a fucking bollocks and walked off.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

In the city all day Monday-Fri and never noticed anything like that.

Only thing I've noticed recently is increased arguing between bf/gf addicts,the hot weather must be annoying them.

Pretty bad one on Grafton Street the other day when a couple were loud and agressively arguing over who owned 4 cans of Pratsky while their toddler was looking on terrified in her buggy.Pretty sure that the fella was going to hit the woman until two massive foreign lads came to her aid and he scarpered.

But,as usual,there was nobody to come to the aid of that Toddler.

All the high-sounding guff we currently have to wade through about the "Right to Life" etc etc,means sweet FA,when the State,with our connivance,stands back,whilst infants are dragged around our streets by the likes of the pair described by starviewadams.

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

RTÉ's new hidden-camera programme sounds alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

Anyone else notice it?

Sounds like a touch of autism or ADHD, unfortunately there's a lot of children/teenagers undiagnosed roaming our streets,, more than likely some of them will end up in the prison system,,
    In saying that the majority of kids seem pretty well behaved and respectful.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

RTÉ's new hidden-camera programme sounds alright.
    Jaysus, you could be right. If I knee every one of them in the balls chin, the show may get cancelled, though?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

ardle1 wrote: »
    Sounds like a touch of autism or ADHD, unfortunately there's a lot of children/teenagers undiagnosed roaming our streets,, more than likely some of them will end up in the prison system,,
    In saying that the majority of kids seem pretty well behaved and respectful.

Are you for real?
    Autism?!
    No. It's a case of being a knobhead. The last thing they need is an excuse. "Oh I'm only being a little bollox because I have mild ADHD." No, you're just a little prick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭ONeill2013

I've experienced a lot of similar things to that, the opening of the parked car door and screaming, obviously they close it straight away as they are afraid of someone attacking them. Another example is being asked by a group of girls in a car 'where is the nearest shop?....i need to buy tampons', and then they drive on, this was all in england though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,364 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

The only way to stop these people is to gently run your fingers through their hair and caress their face. Gestures of love tame the beasts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Recently moved house to an area with a rather rough reputation and literally there about 2 hours and some kid, couldn't be any older than 10 or 11 punched the back of the car we were in and called us "Fu*king Queers" then proceeded to walk across a ridiculously busy road in front of traffic that had to slam on the breaks to avoid hitting this infant coffin dodger, who then decided the driver of the car deserved abuse and started effin and blinding towards them whilst also giving them the finger.

Scumbags raise scumbags and they in turn will breed with other scumbags to produce hybrid scumbags.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

I think schools need a self-awareness class or something. If they could dig deep enough to question their own need to act out, they'd be too embarrassed to do it.
    In my school, if you acted the bollox, you'd be given some crap to write, like an essay or write out the index of a book. A punishment that doesn't actually teach you anything or give you any insight. It doesn't matter what punishment you get if you're still a legend among your peers. I went through a phase of being a piss-taking smart-arse to teachers in second year, they couldn't have given me enough essays to make it not worth the social rewards.
    That's the problem I have with school as an environment, the whole social order consists of children and their dumbass values.
    I guess some people take a long time to grow out of it... using members of the public as surrogate targets when teachers are no longer available.

Advertisement