Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shops/Businesses opening/closing down

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭flazio

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭ratracer

flazio wrote: »

This is very welcome, a brilliant quality brand that will shake up the crap overpriced sports store offerings currently here!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,011 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

ratracer wrote: »
    This is very welcome, a brilliant quality brand that will shake up the crap overpriced sports store offerings currently here!!

Gonna be a good couple of years waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭ratracer

Gonna be a good couple of years waiting.

Yep, true, but sure I’ll have another few holidays in France before that. It makes a change filling the car with sports kit and not wine ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

The Galmont.............:confused::confused: Christ...who thought this was a good name.. Reminds me of the Belmont near Knock years ago...:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Mearings

UsBus wrote: »
    The Galmont.............:confused::confused: Christ...who thought this was a good name.. Reminds me of the Belmont near Knock years ago...:D:D

I misheard the radio ad. I thought the new name was Gaumont as in Gaumont Cinema.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

Mearings wrote: »
    I misheard the radio ad. I thought the new name was Gaumont as in Gaumont Cinema.

It's a crazy name.

I asked in there and the intention is that the Gal bit should be pronounced as in Galway i.e. Gawl with a broad a.

However, I think most people will pronounce it as Gal rather than Gawl.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,768 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

?Cee?view wrote: »
    I asked in there and the intention is that the Gal bit should be pronounced as in Galway i.e. Gawl with a broad a.

That's be easily sorted out by few ads and vids from "influencers" (blech!) and a bit of staff training.

Pronouncing it Gawlmont sounds a lot more G4 anyways, which is what they'd be aiming for I suspect.

?Cee?view wrote: »

That's be easily sorted out by few ads and vids from "influencers" (blech!) and a bit of staff training.

Pronouncing it Gawlmont sounds a lot more G4 anyways, which is what I suspect they'd be aiming for.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,036 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

I heard the name has been influenced by the success of the iconic Burrenmount in Salthill. They are soon to change the decor to reflect this.*

*May not be true.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I misheard as gowl-mount initially :o

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

• Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

You won't be the only one!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Harvey Norman in talks to open two new stores

https://www.independent.ie/business/irish/harvey-norman-in-talks-to-open-two-new-stores-36584363.html

Planning Galway and Sligo stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

#metoo

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Tartare opened yesterday on Dominic St.
    Only happened upon this yesterday and thought it was brand new but apparently it's been open a few months since your post is a while back. Nice food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭45mhrc7evo1d3n

Wilde’s on the Bay has opened in the refurbished Fisherman premises. Fisherman signage still up outside. Wilde’s FB page says “brunch menu running from 10am-5pm” but when we tried to give it a go yesterday we were told the kitchen was closed at 4:30. Might be wise to ring to check opening hours before paying them a visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭westgolf

Kind of a new opening. The coffee bus guys - orange vw van with coffee machine in rear- seem to be establishing a regular stall on that small square of land at ocean wave / ocean towers opposite the prom wall. Same two guys who were outside Murray's at Nile lodge for a while last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

westgolf wrote: »
    Kind of a new opening. The coffee bus guys - orange vw van with coffee machine in rear- seem to be establishing a regular stall on that small square of land at ocean wave / ocean towers opposite the prom wall. Same two guys who were outside Murray's at Nile lodge for a while last year.

How much is a coffee ?
    I've a feeling it will be pricey ...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,036 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

D Trent wrote: »
    How much is a coffee ?

I don't think they can complain if you BYO. Just change your style of funny walk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 mick.canny

I know you're not supposed to post gossip/rumours here (and I'm not) but I'm trying to find out if it's true that somebody has started a galway-based satire website, kind of like waterford whispers or the onion kinda thing??

I've searched online but didn't find anything but a couple of people have told me one has just started up. I don't even have an idea of the name.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,769 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Been done, and closed.
    http://www.galwaydailynews.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭xckjoo

D Trent wrote: »
    How much is a coffee ?

If it's the guy who was in the market beside Arus na Gael, then it's about the same as you'd pay in most coffee places. Can't remember exactly, but I know it didn't put me off. There was a discount for bringing your own cup too.

Seriously good coffee. If you like espressos, then I'd definitely recommend.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Pálás Galway, the new cinema is opening Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mick.canny

Thanks Zell12 but that's not it. I found that one but it was obviously closed. What I'm looking for is a fairly new satire website. Probably less than six weeks old.

Just to recap for anyone who's interested or might know...

I'm trying to find out if it's true that somebody has started a galway-based satire website, kind of like waterford whispers or the onion kinda thing??

• Registered Users Posts: 17,888 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Pálás Galway, the new cinema is opening Friday.
    Google Maps sending people out to Portumna for a bit of go-karting :D

Thargor wrote: »
    Google Maps sending people out to Portumna for a bit of go-karting :D

It's on Google Maps as Palace Pictures.

https://goo.gl/maps/ZHRw8r7J41r

I'm sure a local guide will submit a correction as soon as they have a good picture to prove the point.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

New place open where the Big O office was on Dominick Street, called IT Fix. Walked past it this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

New place open where the Big O office was on Dominick Street, called IT Fix. Walked past it this morning

Did they used to be on the Headford Road?

On a side note, I passed Phone Doc beside Supermacs on the Newcastle Rd opposite hospital Sat Night and all the signage is gone, anyone know if they closed?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,042 ✭✭✭Guffy

Did they used to be on the Headford Road?

On a side note, I passed Phone Doc beside Supermacs on the Newcastle Rd opposite hospital Sat Night and all the signage is gone, anyone know if they closed?

Been closed for a couple of weeks anyway. Was all taped off a week or two ago

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement