Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shops/Businesses opening/closing down

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Hostys on Bohermore has re opened as Harry's. Very nice place was in there last night

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭the_galway_fry

did salt and pepper in salthill change hands? ate there tonight all awful now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Did you have a fry??

Did you have a fry??

no my dear boy i had 2 cheesburgers and a cheese garlic chips.
    used to be best cheeseburgers imo in galway.
    used to be...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,062 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

As you were in there would you not have asked?

• Advertisement

As you were in there would you not have asked?

twelveteen pints and numerous captains last night decreed that a no .head down in and out few words as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,389 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

twelveteen pints and numerous captains last night decreed that a no .head down in and out few words as possible.

Would the "twelveteen pints and numerous captains" have had any bearing on your dissatisfaction with the establishment and its food?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Would the "twelveteen pints and numerous captains" have had any bearing on your dissatisfaction with the establishment and its food?

i don't think so ,it may have effected my judgement on where to go but not my taste buds...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,031 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

If anything it would have made the food taste amazeballs!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,842 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Muse by Dee botique in Middle St is closing.

Sign in the window says that vouchers and credit notes are redeemable until closure date. Proof of vouchner and credit note must be provided.

It also says that the closure date is 16 December, but they were still open when I walked past just now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭pure.conya

There used to be a great reggae night in there. Good times!

Ernie and Jay Q drum and bass night was a hectic affair, as was the hard dance sessions on bank holiday sunday nights

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

no my dear boy i had 2 cheesburgers and a cheese garlic chips.
    used to be best cheeseburgers imo in galway.
    used to be...

That was well over a decade ago when they were awesome. They changed hands a long time ago. No good place for post-pub grub in Salthill.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭howyanow

That was well over a decade ago when they were awesome. They changed hands a long time ago. No good place for post-pub grub in Salthill.

The same family still own and run it so no it hasn't changed hands

• Registered Users Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Guffy

S&P is woeful now, has been for a number of years. Genuinly surprised they are still open, they are that bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

That Head record shop is gone now in Corbett Court. Windows blacked out and stock taken out.

Seem to be gone in Dublin and Belfast too

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

QikBax wrote: »
    That Head record shop is gone now in Corbett Court. Windows blacked out and stock taken out.

Ah crap..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

Royal villa Chinese (above aquarium in salthill) closing on Saturday evening Jan 6th. Source- their own Facebook page.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,397 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

The fcuk?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,394 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Wha? It just opened a couple of months ago?

Edit: looks like all their stores are gone. That was fast!

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭StonedRaider

Royal villa Chinese (above aquarium in salthill) closing on Saturday evening Jan 6th. Source- their own Facebook page.

Papa rich going in.

The fisherman in salthill is finished. New owners taking over. Was speaking to the manager couple of days ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Ruben Remus

Really disappointed by this. Enjoyed browsing here and picked up a number of CDs and DVDs from them in the last few months...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,397 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Really disappointed by this. Enjoyed browsing here and picked up a number of CDs and DVDs from them in the last few months...

Few months exactly, 3 months was it open? Very very strange and dissapointing. Had planned on buying some late christmas gifts today until I saw the news.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Disappointed in that, I only bought a load of stuff there before Christmas! Are we back to OMG as the only place to buy physical CDs in the city?

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭smurf492

Strange considering how active they were on social media up until Wednesday... Pity

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

While it was fantastic to have another ship selling new vinyl it was way overpriced. The guys working there seemed nice and to know their stuff. But for records it had to be almost like a treat getting something in there! Hopefully we'll get another record shop soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,389 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

On a side note, does anyone know who has the new musical instrument shop at the bottom of the hill beside the new GoBus office near Forster St, it's called "IT"?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

On a side note, does anyone know who has the new musical instrument shop at the bottom of the hill beside the new GoBus office near Forster St, it's called "IT"?

The same people that have the Castlebar store. I find the staff very friendly and knowledgable. They did a set-up on a guitar of mine recently and I was very happy with the work they did. The location is a bit of a balls but it’s great to see a proper music shop in Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,991 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Disappointed in that, I only bought a load of stuff there before Christmas! Are we back to OMG as the only place to buy physical CDs in the city?

Tesco down the back of Galway Shopping Centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

There is still Bell Book and Candle up by the Crane Bar. Lots to browse up there.

• Advertisement

Papa rich going in.

The fisherman in salthill is finished. New owners taking over. Was speaking to the manager couple of days ago

I take it they'll move out of Woodquay now so.

Folly having two places so close when one is about as small as can be.
    They've proven they can fill bigger so closing that would make sense.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement