Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shops/Businesses opening/closing down

Options
1104105106107108110»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Mostly Harmless

Sounds like a pretty shambolic operation in the kitchen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭45mhrc7evo1d3n

Wow :eek:. It defies logic that someone would spend a large sum of money to renovate what was a semi-derelict premises to turn it into a restaurant and then not install hot water in the kitchen or implement a food safety management system :confused:. I’m also quite shocked that it appears this was the first time the premises was inspected, otherwise the lack of hot water would have been spotted earlier. Ideally all new restaurants would be inspected soon after opening. Given that Salthill Social was open for two years it stands to reason some customers must have suffered an adverse reaction due to lack of food safety measures.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,693 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Wow :eek:. It defies logic that someone would spend a large sum of money to renovate what was a semi-derelict premises to turn it into a restaurant and then not install hot water in the kitchen or implement a food safety management system :confused:. I’m also quite shocked that it appears this was the first time the premises was inspected, otherwise the lack of hot water would have been spotted earlier. Ideally all new restaurants would be inspected soon after opening. Given that Salthill Social was open for two years it stands to reason some customers must have suffered an adverse reaction due to lack of food safety measures.

Chill a bit.

I'd be pretty sure that there was hot water everywhere except at the separate basin for handwashing (and nothing but handwashing) that commercial kitchens need to have.

And that food safety systems came and went with chefs.

The real problem was likely the one with keeping staff.

Chill a bit.

I'd be pretty sure that there was hot water everywhere except at the separate basin for handwashing (and nothing but handwashing) that commercial kitchens need to have.

And that food safety systems came and went with chefs.

The real problem was likely the one with keeping staff.

Thanks for the advice but I’m fine.

IMO, hot water at the “hand washing (and nothing but handwashing)” sink would be crucial. Otherwise staff are washing their hands in the food prep sinks which is pretty yuck.

Restaurant owners should ensure that food safety systems are adhered to at all times and not rely on their staff.

Not sure what keeping staff are, but again, responsibility rests with the owner. It’s his name on the closure order.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭westgolf

Thanks for the advice but I’m fine.

IMO, hot water at the “hand washing (and nothing but handwashing)” sink would be crucial. Otherwise staff are washing their hands in the food prep sinks which is pretty yuck.

Restaurant owners should ensure that food safety systems are adhered to at all times and not rely on their staff.

Not sure what keeping staff are, but again, responsibility rests with the owner. It’s his name on the closure order.

Keeping staff = managing to retain staff and keep turnover of staff to a minimum.

• Advertisement

westgolf wrote: »
    Keeping staff = managing to retain staff and keep turnover of staff to a minimum.

Ah, retaining staff. I see. I’m not aware whether Salthill Social experienced mass turnover of kitchen staff. Yes, they advertised for staff occasionally but so do lots of restaurants. They did have a manageress type person who was there since day one.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Closed for review

Edit - this thread got too messy with rumours and off-topic discussion. It will stay closed

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement