Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shops/Businesses opening/closing down

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,062 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

testtech05 wrote: »
    Has wooza been closed for long? Just walked by for first time in a while yesterday but seen it was all closed up. Pity, I was only there once but it was very nice!

A month at least I think. Not as nice as Dough Bros so no real miss in my opinion. The Sea Rd one is still there too.

There has been some recent changes in the Mervue Industrial Estate.

Penn Engineering / PEM have moved into most of the former Beckman Coulter building and are having a launch today. They still have the other unit near FAS AFAIK.
    When they were powerhosing the parking area you could make out the Digital stencil from decades ago.

Their former building has been sold.

Dawnlough Precision Engineering have moved into the rest of the Beckman building and have fenced off the area beside it in advance of building a two storey extension.

The former Nortel manufacturing unit has been given a face-lift to look like Avaya but is still empty.

The former Cambridge Diagnostics unit is being cleared out - it has been empty for ten years.

Galway Tool and Mould added an extension recently too.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,842 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Anyone know what's happened to Massimos? A friend said it was closed when she walked past last Tuesday evening. I went past last night, also closed. There's a sign outside saying "bar still operating as usual, new gastro pub opening soon" - but the bar definiitely wasn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭b.gud

Anyone know what's happened to Massimos? A friend said it was closed when she walked past last Tuesday evening. I went past last night, also closed. There's a sign outside saying "bar still operating as usual, new gastro pub opening soon" - but the bar definiitely wasn't.

This may not answer your question but JP McMahon was running the food part of Massimos and he has stopped as he is opening up a new cafe/wine bar in the Domicks st area

b.gud wrote: »
    This may not answer your question but JP McMahon was running the food part of Massimos and he has stopped as he is opening up a new cafe/wine bar in the Domicks st area

As bgud says. Eat is gone, Massimo will be launching there own gastropub to replace it. Tartare opened yesterday on Dominic St.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Yeah, I was in the day of the all Ireland football final, and it was the last day for the food. They're expecting to have food available by mid October. The pub should still be open, but I know they've been opening later because they don't have food at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,842 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

The pub should still be open, but I know they've been opening later because they don't have food at the minute.

It was 6pm one day and 10pm the next that we spotted it closed. Can't open too much later than that!

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Areas

Can anyone in town shed some light on what is going in where the old Dough Bros Pop-up was?
    They put a snapchat up and the name of the new place is Beanz Meanz Heinz.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭boardzz

Areas wrote: »
    Can anyone in town shed some light on what is going in where the old Dough Bros Pop-up was?

Free beans related food for one week

http://galwaybayfm.ie/sneak-peak-menu-heinz-beans-pop-cafe-looks-incredible/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,991 ✭✭✭✭flazio

So we move from having odour less gas in the network to this.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Massimo was open last night.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

kefir32 wrote: »
    anyone hear about potential Nando's coming to Galway???

Was in Nandos in Blanchardstown last week, chatting to someone I know working there. Plan is to have staff training in Dublin by mid November for a Christmas open!

Was in Nandos in Blanchardstown last week, chatting to someone I know working there. Plan is to have staff training in Dublin by mid November for a Christmas open!

That's unfortunate. Plenty of locally owned fast food places already open in town. Don't see the need for another chain.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

That's unfortunate. Plenty of locally owned fast food places already open in town. Don't see the need for another chain.

As long as it's not another ice cream parlour or coffee shop I don't really care! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Redo91

Any idea where?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

People, please read the OP again about posting rumours and hearsay.
    Last time was in 2014 and it didn't happen then

• Registered Users Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭serfboard

Areas wrote: »
    Passed this place yesterday and couldn't believe what I was seeing. They've a twitter page as well (https://twitter.com/HeinzBeanzCafe).

Needless to say I didn't chance lighting up a cigarette as I walked by ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭h2005

I'd have Nandos over any of them, chain or no chain.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Moomintroll99

Anyone know what happened to Tosnu restaurant? They were happily posting invites to brunch on Facebook a week or two ago.

Walked past last night and seems they're gone without a trace.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

There's a new shop going in on Mainguard st where the leather shop was opposite bank of Ireland. Boxes on the window say "Foxford" ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Celestial12

Are they ever going to do anything with the former Taffe's building? It's such an eyesore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

Are they ever going to do anything with the former Taffe's building? It's such an eyesore.
    http://connachttribune.ie/watchdog-expresses-concerns-taaffes-building-099/

Falling apart by the sounds of it...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Can't help but see the irony in the fact that the building is falling apart due in large part to its protected status.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭westgolf

Cooke's corner shop in shantalla seems to be closed any time I pass lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    Can't help but see the irony in the fact that the building is falling apart due in large part to its protected status.

And that An Taisce objected to it being developed in the first place and are objecting to the state it's in due to its not being redeveloped!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,389 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

westgolf wrote: »
    Cooke's corner shop in shantalla seems to be closed any time I pass lately.

Where's Cooke's corner shop in Shantalla?

Do you mean the offices that used to be a shop years ago at the traffic lights?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Where's Cooke's corner shop in Shantalla?

Do you mean the offices that used to be a shop years ago at the traffic lights?

Exactly, the shop (Cahills) is gone for years

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭westgolf

?Cee?view wrote: »
    Exactly, the shop (Cahills) is gone for years

No. It's further up shantalla road. On the left after you pass Higgins's hardware place. Small local type corner shop..not the place opposite the school that was formerly a mace

No. It's further up shantalla road. On the left after you pass Higgins's hardware place. Small local type corner shop..not the place opposite the school that was formerly a mace

Ah right, so Cookes' Corner Shop rather than a shop at Cookes' Corner. I was lost ... now I'm not ... I think :D

Dunno about that shop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,389 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Ah I have you now, yes, it has been closed for over a week now, The name over that shop was Cooke's and it is way further up Shantalla Rd. and on a corner too with the tarmac ramp at the front of it.

Crazy how much confusion that caused..... :)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement