Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Justice Minster Alan Shatter opinions on the man

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

strongback wrote: »
    Maybe during your high standard of education they didn't explain what the word arrogant means.

I never understand the Irish need to self-deprecate? Yes I am very intelligent. Its an objective fact, and I don't see how me acknowledging that makes me arrogant.

Anyway, this is not about me. Lets move on and get back to discussing Alan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭joe swanson

I never understand the Irish need to self-deprecate? Yes I am very intelligent. Its an objective fact, and I don't see how me acknowledging that makes me arrogant.

Hello Alan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭brimal

Ranicand wrote: »
    Edit what those this text say anyway?

יהודה המכב

Maybe if you copy and paste the whole thing instead of leaving out the last yod (those are not apostrophes) then you will get better results :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

Acknowledging your intelligence does not make you arrogant. I'm also very intelligent by any objective measure.

What is arrogant is assuming that those who disagree with you only do so because they are begrudging or suffering an inferiority complex.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

Hello Alan

Great stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Yes I am very intelligent. Its an objective fact

Lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Ranicand

brimal wrote: »
    Maybe if you copy and paste the whole thing instead of leaving out the last yod (those are not apostrophes) then you will get better results :rolleyes:

Hebrew Heroes?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭joe swanson

Sergeant wrote: »
    Great stuff.

Indeed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Absolutely no issues with Mr. Shatter.

Indeed I have the utmost respect for him.
    I believe he is hardworking , honest, does a very good job in what is a very difficult Ministerial role. He is a vey able ,articulate ,highly intelligent and respectable gentleman who takes criticism on the chin from his detractors.

I see no reason why he should not continue in his role , despite the unfair criticism pointed in his direction. As a nation we should be proud to have a Man of Mr. Shatters background and education in the role of Minister of Justice and Defence.

To hell with the begrudgers !

I wont even ask you about the image next to your name.:rolleyes:

Edit what those this text say anyway?

יהודה המכב

Its irrelevant to the topic at hand. PM me and I will gladly discuss both. :)

• Advertisement

Absolutely no issues with Mr. Shatter.

Indeed I have the utmost respect for him.
    I believe he is hardworking , honest, does a very good job in what is a very difficult Ministerial role. He is a vey able ,articulate ,highly intelligent and respectable gentleman who takes criticism on the chin from his detractors.

I see no reason why he should not continue in his role , despite the unfair criticism pointed in his direction. As a nation we should be proud to have a Man of Mr. Shatters background and education in the role of Minister of Justice and Defence.

To hell with the begrudgers !

Bravo.:):)

By the way how is the book on Irish sarcasm going you seem to be in form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Hebrew Heroes?

Back to the jew stuff again. You're coming across as very anti-Semitic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭Vizzy

The usual petty, nasty and sneering Irish begrudgery masked as social justice.
    Don't be so hard on yourself,some of your posts asctually make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭strongback

Do you live in Ireland? that's a fair question in relation to this discussion.

BTW most people who harp on about their intelligence usually aren't that intelligent. Intelligence is generally fairly apparent, it doesn't take a genius to recognise an intelligent person. As most of your arguments don't hold water I would say you are either not intelligent or more likely you are an unapologetic lobbyist.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

Mr Rabin ,, I never cross over between threads but I'm compelled to do so on this occasion .. Remember the auld debate we had a week or so ago where you said that because Enda Kenny was praised by Obama on paddy day , that automatically meant that Kenny is a world class leader and his skills are unmatched.
    And remember I posted back that Obama says the same thing every year , he even praised Cowen when he was our leader !!! You disappeared from that debate after that.
    Well now , are you really as intelligent as you make out here.
    Please back in your box mr Rabin ..

Back to the jew stuff again. You're coming across as very anti-Semitic.

It must be just because I am less intelligent like the majority of the population.

I started this tread about Alan Shatter and it has been hijacked trolled and baited.

I think it is only fare to question the motivation of those flooding and pulling the thread off point.

Alan Shatter is not very popular right now.

Also those defending him come out with this bile.
    How about we try politicians who are intelligent and competent, even if they come across as arrogant and aloof to people less intelligent than them?

Take a good look in the mirror before trying to smear others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

The usual petty, nasty and sneering Irish begrudgery masked as social justice.

This 'Irish begrudgery' claim is intellectually lazy. I understand this discussion has broken down so much as to be rendered farcical but not all criticism of people with perceived success is 'Irish begrudgery'.

This thread is a joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

It must be just because I am less intelligent like the majority of the population.

I started this tread about Alan Shatter and it has been hijacked trolled and baited.

I think it is only fare to question the motivation of those flooding and pulling the thread off point.

Alan Shatter is not very popular right now.

Also those defending him come out with this bile.

Take a good look in the mirror before trying to smear others.

Yeah, it's everyone else's fault you keep referring back to Shatter's beliefs and ethnicity.

Yeah, it's everyone else's fault you keep referring back to Shatter's beliefs and ethnicity.

Point to any post in this thread were I have done so.

All out the people defending him are the ones that have done that.

As regards offensive comments nobody can hold a cup to some of the clangers Minster Shatter had dropped himself over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭brimal

I think it's obvious what Ranicand's motive is by starting this thread, and it has been pointed out several times already by experienced posters on this thread

• Advertisement

hawkelady wrote: »
    Mr Rabin ,, I never cross over between threads but I'm compelled to do so on this occasion .. Remember the auld debate we had a week or so ago where you said that because Enda Kenny was praised by Obama on paddy day , that automatically meant that Kenny is a world class leader and his skills are unmatched.
    And remember I posted back that Obama says the same thing every year , he even praised Cowen when he was our leader !!! You disappeared from that debate after that.
    Well now , are you really as intelligent as you make out here.
    Please back in your box mr Rabin ..

This thread is already way off topic. I have no intention of indulging you and taking further on a tangent. I will return to the other thread and address that point at a later stage.

I am bowing out. Things are too heated here at the moment. I'll return when cooler heads prevail. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

Everything.
    Don't the Jews run U.S. politics.

http://www.ihr.org/leaflets/jewishlobby.shtml

ihr are holocaust Revisionists - you cant trust those buffoons.

brimal wrote: »
    I think

You might what to try doing a little bit more of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Maudi

Chop Chop wrote: »
    Minister shítter, wouldn't let the gardaí shíte in his bog?

What a racist.

id feel dirty if i used any toilet he'd used ugh..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Pappa Charlie

This thread is already way off topic. I have no intention of indulging you and taking further on a tangent. I will return to the other thread and address that point at a later stage.

I am bowing out. Things are too heated here at the moment. I'll return when cooler heads prevail. :(

First sign of intelligence so far!!!

Bravo.:):)

By the way how is the book on Irish sarcasm going you seem to be in form.

Perhaps you could clarify please? Are you complimenting me or making a statement?

What exactly is your problem with Mr. Shatter? I think you are being grossly unfair and indeed extremely disrespectful to a Government Minister, who is trying to do his job in very difficult times.

Have you any positive suggestions as to how he may improve on whatever issues you are concerned about?

It is dreadfully unfair to attack an individual, for simply doing their job.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

Disgusting series of posts by Tayto Lover including

1) links to holocaust denial websites
    2) claims of Jewish control of America
    3) attacks on Shatters ethnoreligious background unrelated to this thread topic.
    4) claims of greater loyalty to Israel than Ireland because the minister is Jewish.

3) attacks on Shatters ethnoreligious background unrelated to this thread topic.
    4) claims of greater loyalty to Israel than Ireland because the minister is Jewish.

I think it is absolutely disgusting and unfair that our Minister for Justice & Defence, Mr. Shatter should be treated with the total contempt and disrespect shown on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

I think it is absolutely disgusting and unfair that our Minister for Justice & Defence, Mr. Shatter should be treated with the total contempt and disrespect shown on this thread.

LOL... You make it sound as if we are living in North Korea !!!!!
    You saying we shouldn't speak our views about auld Alan???
    Alan is a plank. Tell me your thoughts on Alan ......
    I beginning to think that most of the cabinet lurks around here the way some people are going on!!! Defend FG at all costs...
    People have the right to their opinion you know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Ah come off it.
    Those websites are freely there if you google.
    All you are doing is attempting to circle the wagons and get all the shills to thank you.
    Shatter is no angel and spins plenty of pro Israeli stuff himself.
    Did you all forget his his feeble reaction to the murders of the Turks on the relief ship?
    I'm actually surprised you only got a few thanks for your post. The others must have missed the signal.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement