Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Justice Minster Alan Shatter opinions on the man

Options
  • 29-03-2013 8:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭

Remember the case of Pamela Izevbekhai ?
    The Nigerian mother's controversial six-year legal battle to stop her deportation ended yesterday when she was arrested at 1.30am and, with her two daughters, Naomi (10) and Jemima (9), placed on a 6am flight out of Dublin Airport to Amsterdam.

The State has been left with a legal bill of €370,000 for defending the case in the High Court, Supreme Court and the European Court of Human Rights.

Ms Izevbekhai's own legal bill, which her fifth and final solicitor Matthew Ezeani admitted would never be paid, is estimated to be in excess of €700,000, bringing the entire cost of the case to more than €1m.
    The Department of Justice last night said it did not intend to reform the system to prevent a repeat of the Izevbekhai case.
    Ms Izevbekhai enjoyed widespread public support -- including that of Justice Minister, Alan Shatter -- up to two years ago when garda investigators travelled to Nigeria and discovered she was using forged documents in her court case.

Link to the full story from above.http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/1m-legal-bill-after-pamela-and-girls-finally-deported-26753400.html

And then this in the week Detective Garda Adrian Donohoe was shot dead by scum.
    It may be hard to believe, considering the amount of heartfelt concerns we have seen this week, but I have personally witnessed Justice Minister Alan Shatter belittling legitimate gardai and public concerns over the closure of Garda stations.

Not only that but he sneered and scoffed in Leinster House, making a skit of our concerns over the loss of 100 more Garda barracks.

The Minister was on his way into the Senate after the Budget in the run-up to Christmas.

He was due to speak on the insolvency legislation when an unexpected vote on a prior matter was called.

To my astonishment he turned around to two Department officials and joked: “Oh my, we’re delayed, we have another 10 minutes.

“I wonder how many more Garda stations I could close down in 10 minutes.”

Link to that story.http://www.thestar.ie/star/alan-shatters-appalling-joke-about-garda-stations/

This man seems to get way more air time then even Enda.

Then we have this.
    Meet our man in the Dail

March 10, 2011
    Follow The JC on Twitter

The new prime minister, Enda Kenny, has appointed Mr Shatter in his coalition of the centre-right Fine Gael and the Irish Labour Party. Mr Shatter is MP for Dublin South, where most of Dublin's Jewish community live.

Just 60, Mr Shatter was first elected to the Dail, the Irish parliament, in 1981, but lost his seat at the 2002 general election. He was re-elected in 2007.

He is the author of many Private Member's bills which were subsequently enacted into law in Ireland, particularly in the areas of health, sport and justice. He is also former president of the Irish Council Against Blood Sports.

A staunch supporter of Israel, Mr Shatter clashed repeatedly during the Gaza incursion in 2009 with the Sinn Fein MP Aengus Ó'Snodaigh, who claimed that Mr Shatter and the Israeli ambassador to Ireland had exposed Parliament's foreign affairs committee to "propaganda, twisted logic and half truths".

And then this gem from two years ago.
    GARDAI caught short while protecting Justice Minister Alan Shatter’s home were refused the use of his toilet, it was claimed yesterday.

Independent TD Mattie McGrath made the allegation in the Dail while accusing Mr Shatter of failing to show any respect for the Force’s members.

Link to that story.http://www.thesun.ie/irishsol/homepage/news/4865105/Alan-Shatter-on-his-own-doorstep.html

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 99 ✭✭Spanish Harlem

I'll be very surprised if AH can have this discussion without the anti-semites bringing up his religious background.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭razorgil

probably the most arrogant td i have ever seen enter dail eireann

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭HondaSami

Don't worry about it OP he will soon be shifted/transferred to some other department.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

razorgil wrote: »

Racist

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭razorgil

HondaSami wrote: »
    Don't worry about it OP he will soon be shifted/transferred to some other department.

we can but hope, i'm so sick of seeing his smarmy face smirking and laughing every time hes questionned about anything in the dail

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

Ugh, I can't be dealing with two threads about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

He promised me last year he would be looking into the good Friday licencing laws last year, this year he refuses to answer simple questions on it. Not going near him or the party again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

He is a droll, incompetent nincompoop. He should be ejected from government. He has no idea about departments he is responsible for and I believe he couldn't care less about them either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

I'll be very surprised if AH can have this discussion without the anti-semites bringing up his religious background.
    Lets all keep our opinions to ourselves.

Being labelled an "anti-Semite" is right up there with sex offender and paedophile these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Chop Chop

Minister shítter, wouldn't let the gardaí shíte in his bog?

What a racist.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Ranicand

Chop Chop wrote: »
    Minister shítter, wouldn't let the gardaí shíte in his bog?

Apparently the Garda on duty made a log of the incident.

However no charges could be brought as the evidence was quite a mess. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

GarIT wrote: »
    He promised me last year he would be looking into the good Friday licencing laws last year, this year he refuses to answer simple questions on it. Not going near him or the party again.

Its the big issues that motivate you, clearly.

Ranicand wrote: »
    Apparently the Garda on duty made a log of the incident.

However no charges could be brought as the evidence was quite a mess. :)

Thought the evidence disappeared :p

HondaSami wrote: »
    Thought the evidence disappeared :p

Yes there were at the time suggestions the evidence was buried but this was denied.

But I am convinced the officer involved hands were dirty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

I wonder what the OP thinks of Jews.....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,710 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

probably the most arrogant td i have ever seen enter dail eireann since P Flynn, who fronted up on his first day in a white suit. Jack Lynch on seeing him was overheard asking "who the hell is that?"
    FYP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

He should be thanking rather than scathing the Gardai for the prompt response and arrest in connection with the burglary on his home.

gurramok wrote: »
    He should be thanking rather than scathing the Gardai for the prompt response and arrest in connection with the burglary on his home.

I hope the burglars did not mess up his crapper.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Anyone hear Myles Dungan who was presenting the Pat Kenny show this morning? He refereed to Shatter as "Minister Shafter" when asking the Garda representative if he would be invited to the conference LOL.

gurramok wrote: »

He is a bitter little man who should not be left in the job. He thinks it's perfectly ok for him to have gardai 24/7 outside his house but he wants to pay them less for doing this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

Not so sure, I think Richard Bruton would give him a run, I have met him in his constituency a few times, muck savage comes to mind.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

He's currently being vilified by the media at the moment at the behest of Garda spindoctors. Seriously, a story about not allowing some mucker garda from up the country destroy his jacks??

He is one of the most competent politicians in the dail at present. He has a sharp legal mind. He has the courage of his convictions and is carrying out genuine reform of the justice system. His character is being assassinated at the moment in a vain attempt by the GRA and AGSI to keep the Gardai's inflated salaries intact.

I'm actually a little bit shocked at the solidarity that the gardai are receiving now that they've suddenly sprang into action. The boys in blue were no where to be seen when others salaries and conditions were being cut, or when people in the private sector were losing their job.

Also, not sure what his stance on Israel has to do with anything?

Though I must say the gardai and the far-left make unusual bedfellows....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

He's currently being vilified by the media at the moment at the behest of Garda spindoctors. Seriously, a story about not allowing some mucker garda from up the country destroy his jacks??

He is one of the most competent politicians in the dail at present. He has a sharp legal mind. He has the courage of his convictions and is carrying out genuine reform of the justice system. His character is being assassinated at the moment in a vain attempt by the GRA and AGSI to keep the Gardai's inflated salaries intact.

I'm actually a little bit shocked at the solidarity that the gardai are receiving now that they've suddenly sprang into action. The boys in blue were no where to be seen when others salaries and conditions were being cut, or when people in the private sector were losing their job.

Our resident Blueshirt, rising to the defence!

Alan Shatter is, in a word, a cunt.

Seriously, a story about not allowing some mucker garda from up the country destroy his jacks??

Seriously no dubs working there at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Interesting,given the name,that you are the first to actually defend Mr Shatter.

Nodin wrote: »
    I wonder what the OP thinks of Jews.....

If your that interested why don't you start a thread?

You have plenty of time with your 12 posts a day average.

I would say you have seen some amount of people here come and go.

Anyway it's Good Friday and the pubs are closed hopefully there will be less alcohol related crime for the overstretched Garda to deal with tonight.

However with the Easter public holiday the pubs will once again be in busy mode.

If you have that much free time to spend on the boards why not see if you can get one of those moderator jobs and sit in the front seat for a change?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

Vizzy wrote: »
    Interesting,given the name,that you are the first to actually defend Mr Shatter.

What are you insinuating?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Ranicand wrote: »
    If your that interested why don't you start a thread?

No, sure I'll just ask you - What do ye think of Jews?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 388 ✭✭Truncheon Rouge

Made an unwarranted apology on Irelands behalf for being neutral in WW2, solely because of his own religious background. At the same time keeps conveniently quiet on Israel.

I for one don't see anything wrong with Ireland's stance during WW2 and think there was no better strategy possible. So I reject his personally motivated needless apology on my behalf.

Ill be only too happy to see him go, and will help in any small small way that I can, for this reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭Vizzy

What are you insinuating?

Not insinuating anything !!

Paranoid much ???

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement