Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Justice Minster Alan Shatter opinions on the man

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

He hasn't a hope of re election, he got shafted before by the public even while in opposition and certainly will next time!

The FG core vote in South Dublin is one of the most politically engaged groupings in the country. If he does decide to run (which is in doubt), and based on current opinion poll and by-election results then he would get in without difficulty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Thank jaysus...when I saw more posts on the thread, I started thinking he might have told another joke......O The Horror....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Pappa Charlie

Sergeant wrote: »
    The FG core vote in South Dublin is one of the most politically engaged groupings in the country. If he does decide to run (which is in doubt), and based on current opinion poll and by-election results then he would get in without difficulty.

Oh! Sure he would !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

Why wouldn't a politician be interested in re-election? On the one hand you've pundits on here criticising the man for making cuts, but on the other that he's only looking to secure re-election.

Which is it?
    I can't speak for others' opinions, only my own.

My opinion is that politicians, when in government, will make decisions which will garner the votes they need for reelection in their own constituencies. I'm sure an intelligent individual like you does not need someone like me to cite instances of ministerial decisions that prove this.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭strongback

How do I report a post to the moderators.

I want to report Yitzhak Rabin for spreading racist bile about Palestine. He is worse than any Jew hater. A very nasty individual.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

strongback wrote: »

I want to report Yitzhak Rabin for spreading racist bile about Palestine. He is worse than any Jew hater. A very nasty individual.
    Just press the red triangle on the left of your post. That'll have the desired result.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Why report it?
    Just slate him back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭hyperborean

What you talkin about willis?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Why report it?
    Just slate him back.
    Don't engage with him.
    You will only get yourself in trouble(possibly banned).
    Report him to the Mods and let them take action.

Vizzy wrote: »
    Don't engage with him.
    You will only get yourself in trouble(possibly banned).
    Report him to the Mods and let them take action.

I think he feels he's immune due to being a mod in hairdressing!

• Advertisement

I think he feels he's immune due to being a mod in hairdressing!

He's in perfume as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Mod: Use the triangle at the bottom left panel of any posts you find objectionable, its a pretty serious thing to say about somebody so I hope you do.

Everybody else, back on topic.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

Pretty baffled by the last few responses. Not sure where all the anger is coming from? Anyway, just want to clear the air, and have it on the record that I have no racist tendancies whatsoever, and haven't a clue what that poster was on about.

Anyway, back on topic....

I see Minister Shatter isn't the only one receiving the ire of his department employees. Minister for Education Ruairi Quinn was heckled as he addressed the teaching unions today. Another poor showing from the public service if you ask me. The man was trying to deliver a speech on his vision for the department, and he was shut down mid speech.

It is unfortunate for Deputy Quinn that doesn't have the same clout as Alan, and can't issue disciplinary action against his subordinates. Although that isn't something I would be in favour of. However, I do agree that Gardai who show insubordination, like the ones who walked out on their Minister, should be subject to disciplinary action.

Pretty baffled by the last few responses. Not sure where all the anger is coming from? Anyway, just want to clear the air, and have it on the record that I have no racist tendancies whatsoever, and haven't a clue what that poster was on about.

I see Minister Shatter isn't the only one receiving the ire of his department employees. Minister for Education Ruairi Quinn was heckled as he addressed the teaching unions today. Another poor showing from the public service if you ask me. The man was trying to deliver a speech on his vision for the department, and he was shut down mid speech.

It is unfortunate for Deputy Quinn that doesn't have the same clout as Alan, and can't issue disciplinary action against his subordinates. Although that isn't something I would be in favour of. However, I do agree that Gardai who show insubordination, like the ones who walked out on their Minister, should be subject to disciplinary action.

I hope you are not reported, personally I think you are inspiring and thought provoking! I can see how you became a mod in hairdressing!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

I hope you are not reported, personally I think you are inspiring and thought provoking! I can see how you became a mod in hairdressing!

Thank you. I appreciate the kind words. :)

However, I believe you have me confused with someone else?

While I do happen to have a fantastic head of luxurious locks, my interest in hairdressing is merely from a customers point of view. Wouldn't know how to style or cut it myself. I leave that up to Alenka. She's fantastic, and quite easy on the eye too, truth be told.

Anyway, don't want to go off topic talking about my glorious head of hair. Best stick to the topic at hand.

Mr. Alan Shatter, T.D. and what the folks of AH think of the man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭razorgil

he's still the most arrogant td i have ever seen enter dail eireann

Absolutely Yitzhak. Quinn is yet another true liberal and one of the finest minds we've had in that portfolio in generations. They heckled him because he has to cut their pay rates, which are extraordinarily generous by international standards. How about the chalk merchants agree to ongoing reviews of their performance in deciding their salary? For every truly inspiring and gifted teacher, there is a three slackjaws who got their pass Arts degree and decided that this teaching malarkey sounded like a good way to ensure long summer holidays.

Thank you. I appreciate the kind words. :)

However, I believe you have me confused with someone else?

While I do happen to have a fantastic head of luxurious locks, my interest in hairdressing is merely from a customers point of view. Wouldn't know how to style or cut it myself. I leave that up to Alenka. She's fantastic, and quite easy on the eye too, truth be told.

Anyway, don't want to go off topic talking about my glorious head of hair. Best stick to the topic at hand.

Mr. Alan Shatter, T.D. and what the folks of AH think of the man.

Don't be shy now yitzhak! I know you like talking about yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,180 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

'Shatter' has to be the worst surname to have in the english speaking world :pac:

Absolutely Yitzhak. Quinn is yet another true liberal and one of the finest minds we've had in that portfolio in generations. They heckled him because he has to cut their pay rates, which are extraordinarily generous by international standards. How about the chalk merchants agree to ongoing reviews of their performance in deciding their salary? For every truly inspiring and gifted teacher, there is a three slackjaws who got their pass Arts degree and decided that this teaching malarkey sounded like a good way to ensure long summer holidays.

Have you proof of that or is it just more waffle from a Govt shill?

• Advertisement

I bet you wanted to be a sergeant in real life but this is the next best thing having failed the entrance exam to the army and Gardai! Thank god for second chances on boards.ie

good grammar there dude

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Sure the Government is packed with "true liberal and fine minds",between Shatter and Burton(according to Yitzak) and now Quinn.
    Next you'll be adding in Reilly and Hogan-examples to us all.

razorgil wrote: »
    he's still the most arrogant td i have ever seen enter dail eireann

No offence, but you musn't have seen many.

He doesn't need proof, just talk to anyone educated to secondary level in this country over the last 50 years....the standard of teachers is atrocious in Ireland, especially since they are still the highest earning teachers in the EU

That is not proof though. It is opinion and not everyone's.
    I think we have the poorest politicians in the whole world and the worse Justice Minister ever :D

'Shatter' has to be the worst surname to have in the english speaking world :pac:

As opposed to Mike Hunt?

Have you proof of that or is it just more waffle from a Govt shill?

Would you consider what we get from primary and secondary education to be worth the massive wodge of money we fire at it?

Of the 34 OECD countries profiled, we spend the fourth most on pay and pensions.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/education/who-earns-what-in-teaching-1.538121

71% of all money fired at primary and secondary education is spent on paying the teachers.

I think good teachers should be paid well, and that it is a career that should instill pride in those who choose it.

But we aren't getting the returns.

Illiteracy is on the increase, and we've plummeted down the rankings in many surveys focused on measuring skills in mathematics, science and foreign languages.

The clout of the unions means that even their most decrepit and useless members are protected.

I don't really see where you are going with this thread. On the one hand, you don't advocate cuts to anything; but on the other hand you complain about tax increases. We cannot have both at the moment.

Feel free to come up with an alternative.

Nodin wrote: »
    No offence, but you musn't have seen many.

i've seen a few over the years, but mostly ignorant as opposed to arrogant. shatter is different, as, if we're to accept his alleged superior intelligence, it makes it all the more sinister the way he addresses people, talking at them, rather than speaking with them

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

The thread has now gone to teacher bashing and nothing to do with Shatter, and there wasn't much of value before that. Locked.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement