Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sinn Fein TD Dessie Ellis linked to 50 IRA murders

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Border-Rat

Free staters hating on Shinners have serious post-colonial issues. We'll get these types of closet Unionists and hangers-on for a generation or two after partition unfortunately, at least. You'd be surprised how many similar self-haters exist in other similar areas like India.

Anglophiles with serious esteem issues.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭gallag

Take the night off lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Border-Rat wrote: »
    Free staters hating on Shinners have serious post-colonial issues. We'll get these types of closet Unionists and hangers-on for a generation or two after partition unfortunately, at least. You'd be surprised how many similar self-haters exist in other similar areas like India.

Anglophiles with serious esteem issues.

Na the ones with self-esteem issues are the knuckle dragging shinners whose lives revolve around fighting an imaginary struggle that no-one no longer cares about against an enemy who barely cares that they exist.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,096 ✭✭✭SoulandForm

Na the ones with self-esteem issues are the knuckle dragging shinners whose lives revolve around fighting an imaginary struggle that no-one no longer cares about against an enemy who barely cares that they exist.

What are you trying to say here exactly? Sinn Fein are one of the largest political parties in Ireland.

No one no longer cares about? Some people do care?

The fact that so much of the British secret service money goes into Northern Ireland should tell you that the British state does care that Republicanism exists in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭RandomName2

That's nice and all

FYP instead of addressing points?

but do you think you could address your selectivity as regards holding SF to a higher standard than everyone else or are you quite comfortable flaunting your double standards and bias?

You are seriously putting the Irish and British governments on a par with the IRA from which the current Sinn Fein members stem (I have to spell out the fact that those militant republican groups are separate from any of the post-GFA militant republican groups so you don't go off on another tangent).

I'm more than willing to flaunt the fact that nobody in the Irish or British governments murdered anyone. As for Sinn Fein: who knows? We know that a significant core were IRA members but they refuse to elaborate on their involvement (Gerry Adams apparently wasn't a member at all! :rolleyes:).

Are they embarrassed? Are they ashamed? Afraid of public backlash? You cannot say that they are afraid of prosecution as crimes committed prior to the GFA are specifically subject to the amnesty. So they don't say what they did was wrong, or right, or even a necessary evil: whatever they say, they say nothing. Sure who'd be asking anyway besides Brits or West-Brit sympathisers, or Free-Staters, or Unionists, or so-called victims.

As for the British Government, they did go to some length to uncover the truth about Bloody Sunday (the worst atrocity committed by the British armed forces) and discredit the lies published by the British Army. They also apologised.

In all honesty I don't really have to try; but your sympathies are obvious, and no argument will dissuade you.

Oh wait, were you waiting to pull the 'But what about Eamon Gilmore?' Chewbacca argument like it was some rhetorical silver-bullet? :pac:

• Advertisement

As for the British Government, they did go to some length to uncover the truth about Bloody Sunday (the worst atrocity committed by the British armed forces) and discredit the lies published by the British Army. They also apologised.

I think you are forgetting the Dublin bombing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,857 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

You are seriously putting the Irish and British governments on a par with the IRA from which the current Sinn Fein members stem (I have to spell out the fact that those militant republican groups are separate from any of the post-GFA militant republican groups so you don't go off on another tangent).

You're right, just look at the blood on the hands of the present and past British governments.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 564 ✭✭✭thecommietommy

Confab wrote: »
    I don't support Sinn Fein or the IRA at all, but Fine Gael started out as a terrorist organisation too. And Enda Kenny's responses to any of Sinn Fein's legitimate questions with 'ah sure you're just terrorists' is beyond pathetic. They are a legitmate political party with a growing presence in Ireland. It just shows how bad Kenny really is as a leader and also how poor his diplomatic skills really are.
    I wish people would just stop racking up our troubled past, its like picking of the scab on a healing wound.

The God damned state was born out of terror for crying out loud.

Leave the fecking past where it belongs and move bloody well on ffs.
    Interesting and good comments, both recieving large Thanks messages. Obviously something VERY, VERY strange has happened to the mods on boards.ie :)I remember a time if anyone expressed anything positive about Sinn Fein they would get an infraction from certain mods !!!!! Changed times indeed, looks like Sinn Fein are the coming force ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭RandomName2

I think you are forgetting the Dublin bombing.

That was not the British army - as for collusion, when people say the 'British Government' they are almost universally referring to Westminster as opposed to the Stormont administration.

In relation to the terrorists who committed the Dublin-Monaghan bombing: I don't think any of them are TDs, are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭wilson10

Sinn Fein do,is this who were not talking about?

If only I still had the local election literature dropped in my door by Sinn Fein many moons ago, I'm talking maybe 30 years, in which they clearly stated that they did not recognise the "Dublin Government" as the legitimate government of the country.

Sorry now I didn't keep it but of course it went straight in the fire or the bin as all subsequent Sinn Fein propaganda has.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭GRMA

wilson10 wrote: »
    If only I still had the local election literature dropped in my door by Sinn Fein many moons ago, I'm talking maybe 30 years, in which they clearly stated that they did not recognise the "Dublin Government" as the legitimate government of the country.

Sorry now I didn't keep it but of course it went straight in the fire or the bin as all subsequent Sinn Fein propaganda has.
    Yes... things have changed, SF changed its policy on that issue decades ago, which led to a minor split, thats were "Republican Sinn Féin" came from

They made the decision to recognize the Republic of Ireland in 1986, previous to that they had a policy of not recognizing the courts. In fairness though this policy was most dear to people in the south and a all of the northerners found it silly. It would be unfair to use this against the Adams faction who are in charge of the Provo movement now seeing as they were prepared to risk seriously splitting the movement over getting rid of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

A whole thirty years ago eh?

Have a read of this.
    July 19th, 2008 Fine Gael Enterprise Spokesman Leo Varadkar TD has called on Taoiseach Brian Cowen to rule out the introduction of a property tax, following the controversial proposal from the National Economic and Social Council (NESC).

“The National Economic and Social Council (NESC) is a Government body under the aegis of Brian Cowen’s Department. The Council consists of the great and the good from the Social Partnership system along with the Taoiseach’s right hand men and women. It is funded by the Department of the Taoiseach and is chaired by Dermot McCarthy, the Secretary General of the Department of the Taoiseach. The Deputy Chairperson, Mary Doyle is also a senior official in the Taoiseach’s Department. Other members include trade union bosses David Begg, Peter McLoone and Jack O’Connor, IBEC’s Turlough O’Sullivan, Fr Sean Healy, Sean Gorman (Secretary General of the Department of Enterprise, Trade and Employment) and the Taoiseach’s special advisor, Peter Clinch.

“Fine Gael in Government abolished the Residential Property Tax and is not in favour of re-introducing it. A property tax would further depress the housing market and would plunge Ireland even deeper into recession.

http://www.leovaradkar.ie/?p=130

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭wilson10

Ghandee wrote: »
    A whole thirty years ago eh?

Have a read of this.

http://www.leovaradkar.ie/?p=130

OK, fair point, but a very different issue.

There's no one accusing Varadker, as far as I know, of being involved in killing anyone.

Advertisement