Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sinn Fein TD Dessie Ellis linked to 50 IRA murders

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭GRMA

Serious shake of the head at the cabal of fascists trying to concoct a way to get rid of people from the Dail who were fairly and democratically elected by the Irish people to be there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

GRMA wrote: »
    Serious shake of the head at the cabal of fascists trying to concoct a way to get rid of people from the Dail who were fairly and democratically elected by the Irish people to be there.

Its a bit rich when a republican labels people fascists. A lot of republicans dont even recognize this state or the democratically elected government in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Its a bit rich when a republican labels people fascists. A lot of republicans dont even recognize this state or the democratically elected government in it.
    Sinn Fein do,is this who were not talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,856 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Will all the supporters of FF, FG and Labour come out and condemn all those from their parties down the years whom were happy with a system that handed kids over to the Roman church for them to be raped and terrorised?

When they've done that, then they can start having a pop at other parties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

dvpower wrote: »
    That's pretty obvious. In order to stop these criminals from continuing their campaign of murder and mayhem, we've decided to pay the price of not perusing them.

That doesn't wipe away their crimes. Adams is still a terrorist.

That's a serious allegation. :pac:
    Why don't they stay up in the North in the Stormont talking shop. They've no business in our parliament. The fcuking windup of this country altogether would be them getting into government down here. I betcha Arthur Griffth would spin in his grave if he could see what his party has become.

You heard about the Easter rising right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

Ghandee wrote: »
    You heard about the Easter rising right?
    The parliament that sits in Leinster House has no relationship to 1916. It was founded by a British Act of Parliament as part of a counter revolution that overthrew the parliament of the Irish Republic i.e. Dáil Éireann.

The parliament that sits in Leinster House has no relationship to 1916. It was founded by a British Act of Parliament as part of a counter revolution that overthrew the parliament of the Irish Republic i.e. Dáil Éireann.

That's correct obviously.

My post was in a reply to a remark that the Sinn Fein party had 'no business in our parliament' despite the fact he mentions Arthur Griffith in his post.

On the one hand FG get the kicks into Dessie Ellis over something long known to the public - he was in the IRA and made bombs and may have killed people - and demand "truth" and on the other they continue to cover up loyalist bombings.

http://www.thejournal.ie/belturbet-bombing-735795-Dec2012/?utm_source=twitter_self

• Closed Accounts Posts: 930 ✭✭✭poeticseraphim

Zzzzzzzzzzz

Nice to know that SF supporters care so much about human life it's destruction sends them asleep.

And they are pro-life?????? HAHAHAHHAHA...actually no it is just sad really upsetting.....the fact that people in this country support that brutal sadistic murderer.

And yeah the country is on it's knees so lets vote those who used murder to achieve a political goal....Yeah that's clever....lets vote for our violent dictators...lets go the whole hog and REALLY turn this place into a dictatorship..way to kill your own people Dessie..yeah so glad you're in the Dáil representing me....you might kill me if you feel strongly enough about something but hey you're SF your supporters will see you through thick and thin. They are that antipathetic towards other humans they don't care that one of their TD's is connected to 50 MURDERS.......they care so little for law and order yet we have to all vote SF cuz of Dem Banksters!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uZQKr4xE-4

Good program. There's part two and three too goes through how they made bombs, rather flimsy on the political front but thats not what the program is about

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Nice to know (.......)Dem Banksters!

Deep breaths, relax.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭RandomName2

Confab wrote: »
    I don't support Sinn Fein or the IRA at all, but Fine Gael started out as a terrorist organisation too. And Enda Kenny's responses to any of Sinn Fein's legitimate questions with 'ah sure you're just terrorists' is beyond pathetic. They are a legitmate political party with a growing presence in Ireland. It just shows how bad Kenny really is as a leader and also how poor his diplomatic skills really are.

No it didn't. Fine Gael didn't exist before 1933.

Fine Gael members did consist of people who took part in things like the war of independence ... but whatever you feel about that it doesn't really matter: THEY'RE ALL DEAD.

Sinn Fein currently has members who have murdered - and refuse to even talk about it.

That's serious.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,107 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

The only way this country will move forward and grow up in a few areas of our culture is if we just let things go. On all sides. We'll have to sooner or later, may as well be sooner.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

steddyeddy wrote: »
    Tony blair and george Bush are responsible for the deaths of far more people. Politicians responsible for murder are not confined to Ireland.

jesus wept

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

No it didn't. Fine Gael didn't exist before 1933.

Fine Gael members did consist of people who took part in things like the war of independence ... but whatever you feel about that it doesn't really matter: THEY'RE ALL DEAD.

Sinn Fein currently has members who have murdered - and refuse to even talk about it.

That's serious.

Any idea who the bould dessie was involved in murthering?

No?

Bambi wrote: »

No?

Dessie Ellis I presume, and not Dessie O'Hare?

Apparently up to 50 people.

I don't know the details, I'm afraid. He's refusing to discuss the matter publicly.
    Wibbs wrote: »
    The only way this country will move forward and grow up in a few areas of our culture is if we just let things go. On all sides. We'll have to sooner or later, may as well be sooner.

Sure, but although Sinn Fein members have promised to permanently lay down their arms, they refuse to discuss their bloody history, say it was wrong, or even apologise for their behaviour. Most even lie about being part of the IRA unless the evidence is undeniable - and it is frankly embarrassing how McGuinness (for one) says "sure I was a leader of the IRA, but you can't prove who I killed, so I can just say that I did nothing."

I mean, as a very minor example (it involves no bombs, shootings, etc) Fianna Fail making such disastrous mistakes about the economy was bad - but the thing that I can't stand is Bertie saying "sure it was the Lehman brothers". Ffs call a spade a spade: only when you put your hands up and say "we fkd up" can you move on.

And in relation to SF: how can we forget when they are even bare-faced denying what needs to be forgotten? Lie your way to reconciliation? :eek:

No?

My uncle Jimmy worked in bombardier in Belfast for a number of years.
    He was on the production line for components that were fitted to missiles used in the Iraq war.

According to some on this thread, Jimmy is now a murderer too? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

TheDoc wrote: »
    jesus wept

Sorry if you can handle it but they're responsible for far more deaths than the IRA. I'll sum it up by a line from a hero of mine Tony Benn:

“There is no moral difference between a Stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. They both kill innocent people for political reasons.”

steddyeddy wrote: »
    Sorry if you can handle it but they're responsible for far more deaths than the IRA. I'll sum it up by a line from a hero of mine Tony Benn:

A stealth bomber: definition - an aircraft designed to avoid detection by radar and other electronic equipment. Typically designed for localised bomb of installations that are guarded by high density anti-aircraft defences.

Suicide bomber: Person who deliberately kills themselves whilst detonating an explosive or some similar weapon. Typically used in to maximise civilian and/or military casualties by providing close proximity between bomb and target. Predominantly carried out by religious fanatics who believe that such a sacrifice will prove their martyrdom.

Nah, don't worry; Tony Benn isn't being retarded in that comment, just entirely disingenuous.

I mean the funny thing is, that I bet you aren't even saying that "sure, the IRA was wrong, but so was the American Army"... what I really imagine that you are saying is that "war is war".

Because why Iraq? Why not Korea, or WW2, or WW1, or the Crimean war, or the 30 Years' War, or the Mongol Invasions, or Roman conquest of Gaul? What the fup has Iraq got to do with the IRA? Nothing - but sure why not bring in an entirely different subject where we can get bogged down in the moralistic niceties of politics, sectarianism and warfare in the Arabian Gulf?

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭wilson10

Wibbs wrote: »

Hope the scum who planted the bomb under a man's car in Belfast the other day to blow him and his family to pieces are listening and taking note.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Sure, but although Sinn Fein members have promised to permanently lay down their arms, they refuse to discuss their bloody history, say it was wrong, or even apologise for their behaviour.

Shows what you know.
    The IRA last night apologised for the killing of all "non-combatants" who died during its campaign of terror. In an unprecedented statement, the republican terror group offered its "sincere apologies and condolences" to the families of victims during 30 years of violence. At the same time it said it acknowledged the grief and pain of the families of the combatants - police, soldiers and loyalist paramilitaries - killed during the violence.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-128258/IRA-issues-apology-killings.html

Also, any discussion of 'bloody history' should be comprehensive and include all the belligerents and releasing of all the secret documents held by the Irish and British governments. The fact that people attempt to hold SF to a higher standard than other parties to the conflict is just more evidence of the tiresome double standards all too often displayed on these boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

GRMA wrote: »
    "The Brits" doesnt mean British people and it never has. It means the British army, govt or security services.

So who or what serves in the British army, government and security services? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Dessie Ellis I presume, and not Dessie O'Hare?

Apparently up to 50 people.

I don't know the details, I'm afraid. He's refusing to discuss the matter publicly.

Given that dessie ellis is mentioned in the thread title its a safe bet that only a fkin thick would need to ask which dessie, but I'm sure you're just being facetious rather than just thick

Anyway, "apparently" ain't good enough hoss, so lets ask again: who are these 50 people that dessie ellis was involved in murdering. Do you know? Does anyone posting here?

who are these 50 people that dessie ellis was involved in murdering. Do you know? Does anyone posting here?

Nope. And it seems they can't even get him for conspiracy to commit murder so the document is about as useful as a mint-flavoured suppository imo.

Also, we don't know if the people murdered were part of the British/Unionist security apparatus (and it proxies) who were doing a fair bit of murdering themselves.

• Site Banned Posts: 3 KeithAFCs Ghost.

Where To wrote: »
    Hi Keith.
    That wasn't actually me. Its pretty obvious when I post on here.

Anyway, this is no surprise. Happy to see the other Irish parties keep reminding the Irish electorate about Sinn Fein and the dirty past they have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Oh god someone please tell me this isn't Keith AFC oh god no please!!

Shows what you know.

Also, any discussion of 'bloody history' should be comprehensive and include all the belligerents and releasing of all the secret documents held by the Irish and British governments. The fact that people attempt to hold SF to a higher standard than other parties to the conflict is just more evidence of the tiresome double standards all too often displayed on these boards.

Oh so wait... the IRA is Sinn Fein now?
    Given that dessie ellis is mentioned in the thread title its a safe bet that only a fkin thick would need to ask which dessie, but I'm sure you're just being facetious rather than just thick

A facetiousness answer for a rhetorical question.

Oh so wait... the IRA is Sinn Fein now?

D'uh. There are former members of the IRA in SF. What? People in SF who weren't involved in para-militarism should also apologise? Daft.

Try harder. Be better.

D'uh. There are former members of the IRA in SF. What? People in SF who weren't involved in para-militarism should also apologise? Daft.

Try harder. Be better.

Thought you'd offer up that weak counter-argument.

That cursory, anonymous apology was issued in 2002 by a branch of the IRA.

The current members of Sinn Fein, particularly senior members, stem from a time prior to 2002 (significantly prior in fact).

And what did Sinn Fein say on the matter? What did they say about the "you know when we said it was war, and not our fault? Well for the sake of expediency we're now repudiating that position."

Hm?

Not much. Alex Maskey, Sinn Fein's first lord mayor of Belfast, described the IRA's statement as "very significant". Very significant? So was the bombing of Hiroshima. What? Nothing to do with me. As you know, Sinn Fein has no direct connection with the IRA. Blah... Blah... Blah.

So yup. An anonymous apology issued by a terrorist who is still refusing to give up the auld cause (who knows, maybe the same man is the dissident who planted that car bomb yesterday evening?)

I would suggest you try harder... but such endeavours have diminishing returns.

Sinn Fein considers their entering politics apology enough.

• Advertisement

her de derp

That's nice and all but do you think you could address your selectivity as regards holding SF to a higher standard than everyone else or are you quite comfortable flaunting your double standards and bias?

Here it is again below for your second opportunity to try harder and be better with.

Advertisement