Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 17 Transfers

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭RB100

bit of help here plz

Bego or Jaas
    and
    Mcauley or Shorey

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

RB100 wrote: »
    bit of help here plz

Bego or Jaas
    and
    Mcauley or Shorey
    Begovic and McCauley for me

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭RB100

Steel Dog wrote: »
    Begovic and McCauley for me

FFS have shorey in their team of the week??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

The West Ham defender situation, while not having a major impact on my overall score, has become an incredible pain in the balls. I've had Demel and McCartney and somehow keep ending up with the one who is injured or dropped, while the train that is Joey O'Brien sailed by at another platform.

I'm thinking of doing Cuellar and Ba to Nelsen and Suarez and taking a 4-point hit. I never usually take 4-point hits but I think it might be worth it here, and it's a move I was planning on doing in the long run anyway.

This will give me a front 8 of Sterling, Michu, Fellaini, Bale, Mata; with RVP, Tevez and Suarez up top.

I'd say most people have something very similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Steven81

Have Walcott on team too, problem is i would have bought Mata/ Bale but as both arent playing this week may keep him, Arsenal have good fixtures but i wouldnt be relying on anything.

Lets hope Walcott plays and we get a scoreline of 7:5 again

• Advertisement

RB100 wrote: »
    FFS have shorey in their team of the week??
    I would fancy West Brom to keep a clean sheet over Reading but then again West Broms form has dropped.

If Reading vs Arsenal is anything like the last time they played there will be no clean sheets but good chance of Shorey getting assist/goal points.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

need to get rid of sess! wanted to do sess > bale this week but bales still injured. should i let sess play v man united and do sess > bale next week??

or do sess > dempsey/snodgrass/someone else this week and get bale in, in a few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

Johnny Evans out, Glen Johnson in for a 4 point hit.

Then with my 1 free transfer tomorrow, I'll have just enough money left to get rid of Ba and get Tevez in.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Would bringing in Sagna be ok or should I just go for Gibbs at .3 more just for peace of mind? Getting rid of Wisdom and have enough to fund both. My preference would be Sagna.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

Gibbs is a gauranteed starter at left back while Sagna and Jenkinson have started 2 of the last 4 games each at right back.

I sold Sagna for Gibbs a few weeks ago so i'd say go with Gibbs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

after the most agonising amount of time i've spent thinking of my transfer all season i've pulled the trigger on defoe in for fletcher.

I may need a 4 point hit next week to trim my defence to afford crouch to torres if torres continues his hot streak v corinthians but i'm hoping that by bringing defoe in now he'll earn those extra 4 points this weekend.

now any thoughts on which 1 of these i should start, nolan away to wba, crouch at home to everton or mertesacker at away to reading.

i'm leaning towards nolan because everything good west ham do usually goes through him, crouch didn't start last week so possibly may only get 1 point although i do feel he'll start tomorrow and i think reading will score v arsenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Any thoughts on this one?

Pienaar and Lambert to Snodgrass and Defoe for -4, or just do one? If one, which one would you recommend?

Have Everton cover, but no Spurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Finally pushed the button on Defoe out for Suarez! Dont think ive ever been so torn over a transfer! Nearly went with Tevez out for Suarez so i could have both for this week but i've already been burned once this season shipping Tevez out... fool me twice, shame on me!:pac:

Cue Defoe running riot tomorrow and Suarez missing out on all the goals in Liverpools game!;)

darego wrote: »
    need to get rid of sess! wanted to do sess > bale this week but bales still injured. should i let sess play v man united and do sess > bale next week??

or do sess > dempsey/snodgrass/someone else this week and get bale in, in a few weeks
    If you plan on getting Bale in next week i would bank the transfer and play Sess, he mite get something against Man Utd. Would be mad really to get someone in for only 1 gameweek when the player you are replacing is not injured/suspended and will play.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Finally pushed the button on Defoe out for Suarez! Dont think ive ever been so torn over a transfer! Nearly went with Tevez out for Suarez so i could have both for this week but i've already been burned once this season shipping Tevez out... fool me twice, shame on me!:pac:

Cue Defoe running riot tomorrow and Suarez missing out on all the goals in Liverpools game!;)

Couldn't afford Suarez & have a feeling that Villa will shut him out,went for Fletcher to Defoe hoping for a 3-3 draw between Spurs & Swansea with hime & Michu to get all the goals.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

Here's hoping!

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Skippy44

b7c6d1ae0340708059a290b6ede10c4f.png?1355566093

Normally I'd have several ideas of which transfer(s) to make; stumped this week tho :( Does anyone have any ideas or words of wisdom please? Not averse to taking a points hit, 1 FT and 4.8m in the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭cardwizzard

Skippy44 wrote: »

Normally I'd have several ideas of which transfer(s) to make; stumped this week tho :( Does anyone have any ideas or words of wisdom please? Not averse to taking a points hit, 1 FT and 4.8m in the bank.

I'd think about getting some Man City cover in there. Maybe Tevez, but up top u look ok. Maybe Silva?

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭amber69

Skippy44 wrote: »

Santi for Sess next week try to get in Mata or Bale

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Skippy44

I'd think about getting some Man City cover in there. Maybe Tevez, but up top u look ok. Maybe Silva?

Ideally I'd like to get rid of Sessegnon, but may have to hang onto him in order to field a team today. If I was sure Bale was fit I'd do Sess to Bale and Tettey to Snodgrass. Silva is an option too. Thinking Sess to Silva and Tettey to Kacaninlic maybe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

did sess > dempsey

team for the week:

f1077eb406cc97fffcbb85f882e7ed89.png?1355568180

Advertisement