Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 17 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Villa are playing Liverpool this weekend, or was that a typo?

Indeed it was. Basically means the same though, can't see them holding Suarez.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭John83

roryc wrote: »
    I'm still struggling to see any transfer other than Fletcher to Berbatov.

My defence worries me though, with Enrique doubtful and Azpilicueta missing a game (and didn't get a game last week) I'm thinking perhaps I might need to look at strengthening up this week. Rafael isn't guaranteed a start, so I may be stuck with just Cameron and Clark (who faces Liverpool!).

I've already made my transfer - getting Fellaini in for Bale because of prices. Planning on taking a 4 point hit to get Berbs in as well. Can't see Sunderland or Fletcher for that matter doing much against Utd.

However like yourself it will probably be Enrique's fitness that will decide it. He tweeted this morning that he was on the way in for treatment - what level of treatment he's getting is anyone's guess.

I have Rafael, Cameron and Enrique ready to start. Not too confidant of my backups in defense - Clark and Demel (was subbed off against Liverpool last week at HT).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

John83 wrote: »
    I've already made my transfer - getting Fellaini in for Bale because of prices. Planning on taking a 4 point hit to get Berbs in as well. Can't see Sunderland or Fletcher for that matter doing much against Utd.

However like yourself it will probably be Enrique's fitness that will decide it. He tweeted this morning that he was on the way in for treatment - what level of treatment he's getting is anyone's guess.

I have Rafael, Cameron and Enrique ready to start. Not too confidant of my backups in defense - Clark and Demel (was subbed off against Liverpool last week at HT).

Firstly, the Fellaini -> Bale transfer was probably premature, Bale could start this weekend. Secondly, I can't see how taking a 4 point hit to get in Berbs is good. Points hits are rarely worth it, especially not in this situation.

What you really need to look at is your defence, you're in a similar situation to me and fixing that could be more important than anything (including your Fellaini transfer).

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

@roryc wait on Enrique news maybe, but my advice to you would be to ditch Azpilicueta, no game this week and like you said his spot might not be guaranteed any more, less so with Terry back any time now. Gibbs for 5.4 is what i'd recommend, guaranteed starter, nice run, and even picked up some bp last game if i remember correctly (he's Arsenals best def attacking-wise anyway imo). i'd wait a couple of weeks to do fletch->berbs, fletch has S'hampton next week and Sunderland look to have found their shooting boots, Fulham's nice run doesn't start til the week after anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Suarez or Defoe this week??? If i Bring Suarez in i will captain him, if i keep Defoe i will Captain RVP... any opinions?

• Advertisement

Suarez or Defoe this week??? If i Bring Suarez in i will captain him, if i keep Defoe i will Captain RVP... any opinions?

Rooney

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

manual_man wrote: »
    Rooney

Madness doubling up on United up front. Liverpool and spurs both have a run of good games coming up, no harm to have either as attacking cover.
    I'd plum for Suarez if it was a choice between him and Defoe. I have both in my team

Madness doubling up on United up front. Liverpool and spurs both have a run of good games coming up, no harm to have either as attacking cover.
    I'd plum for Suarez if it was a choice between him and Defoe. I have both in my team

I have Suarez, but he's hit and miss. Defoe has done well but with Ade back rotation looms. With Rooney and Rvp though you're morealess guaranteed returns. Delighted i have the both of them

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Explain. Please.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

FutureGuy wrote: »

Explain. Please.
    It wasn't me who daid it but they're two very expensive eggs in the one basket. Neither are guaranteed starts over xmas, and worst of all, how would you feel if the weather cancels a Utd game?

• Advertisement

It wasn't me who daid it but they're two very expensive eggs in the one basket. Neither are guaranteed starts over xmas, and worst of all, how would you feel if the weather cancels a Utd game?

Ronnie Stam will be subbed in. I'll be fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Fritzl Funderland

yep agree, look at ferguson's team selections over the xmas period the last few years he always changes and with Manu having tough Cup tie at West Ham first week in Jan, Rooney RVP may play in that so welbeck hernandez could start some of the league games before that

• Registered Users Posts: 18,524 ✭✭✭✭kippy

yep agree, look at ferguson's team selections over the xmas period the last few years he always changes and with Manu having tough Cup tie at West Ham first week in Jan, Rooney RVP may play in that so welbeck hernandez could start some of the league games before that

I'd agree as well, plus the fact that Kagawa is due back shortly and he can play in the Rooney position if required.

It's a risky tactic (which a few people have already outlined) and for it to be beneficial, in my opinion youd want both players scoring/assisting/starting.

Yes, a basket made of iron that could clatter the ****e of teams.

Rooney

Do you really think bringing Rooney in is the answer? I have the money for that move but it would leave me with very little to play with after! I was planning on bringing Suarez in as he hasn't played in a fortnight now so should be raring to go, plus Villa are shit, so i would imagine there will be goals!

If i bring Rooney in i wont have the funds to transfer Walcott out for Bale next week which is what i had planned since i took him out over his injury!

Do you really think bringing Rooney in is the answer? I have the money for that move but it would leave me with very little to play with after! I was planning on bringing Suarez in as he hasn't played in a fortnight now so should be raring to go, plus Villa are shit, so i would imagine there will be goals!

If i bring Rooney in i wont have the funds to transfer Walcott out for Bale next week which is what i had planned since i took him out over his injury!

One man's team is not the same as another. I can afford to get Bale in for Cazorla if i so wish, if you're concerned about that then don't get Rooney. If i didn't have Suarez, i probably would have transferred him in rather than Rooney, but i had Suarez already so...

One man's team is not the same as another. I can afford to get Bale in for Cazorla if i so wish, if you're concerned about that then don't get Rooney. If i didn't have Suarez, i probably would have transferred him in rather than Rooney, but i had Suarez already so...

So you reckon Suarez over Defoe this weekend is the right move then! Thats what i was planning all week but i see some people on here reckon Defoe will do well against Swansea, i (maybe being biased as a Pool fan) think Liverpool will do far better against Villa!

So you reckon Suarez over Defoe this weekend is the right move then! Thats what i was planning all week but i see some people on here reckon Defoe will do well against Swansea, i (maybe being biased as a Pool fan) think Liverpool will do far better against Villa!

Yeah i'd punt for Suarez, another thing he's guaranteed to start all the festive fixtures so long as he's available

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I have Suarez, but he's hit and miss. Defoe has done well but with Ade back rotation looms. With Rooney and Rvp though you're morealess guaranteed returns. Delighted i have the both of them

I think rooney and rvp is a good shout for the next few gws but theres no way both will start every game over the xmas period. Utd play swa (23rd), New (26th), WBA (29th), Wig (1st) 4 games in 9 days. As a previous poster mentioned they have a tough cup game after wigan where rvp and roo will probably start aswell. If I was getting the two in it would only be for the next two/three GWS. Assuming no injuries wellbeck hernandez kagawa will all get game time.

I think rooney and rvp is a good shout for the next few gws but theres no way both will start every game over the xmas period. Utd play swa (23rd), New (26th), WBA (29th), Wig (1st) 4 games in 9 days. As a previous poster mentioned they have a tough cup game after wigan where rvp and roo will probably start aswell. If I was getting the two in it would only be for the next two/three GWS. Assuming no injuries wellbeck hernandez kagawa will all get game time.

RVP, ROONEY and SUAREZ as a front line is a short term option but fits perfectly into a plan until the Christmas wildcard.

I'd like to see if Mancini starts settling on his attacking options and how Torres does over the next few weeks before breaking up that combination.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Just to give you some perspective, Villa have conceeded 1 goal in the last 4 games. Suarez hasn't scored in that same time (though he didn't play 1 of those obviously).

I'm not saying Suarez won't score, I'm just saying I don't think I'd bank on him bagging a hat trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭jolim24601

Going to laugh my a** off when I leapfrog the fools that doubled up on Rooney and RVP

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

jolim24601 wrote: »
    Going to laugh my a** off when I leapfrog the fools that doubled up on Rooney and RVP

Can't have a great deal of self-confidence if you're assuming you're starting off behind them. Maybe that's why you seem to be lashing out on the internet?

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭jolim24601

8b703161-bff6-4ade-a145-1763b717feb0.jpg

Over the next 2 weeks should I go with:

Bale and Berbatov or
    Nolan and Tevez?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Pacly

Will Bale be fit?

Want to take sessegnon out and put bale back in. Not sure if I should risk it though, with Mata already not playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,046 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Defoe back in for LeFondre is my only change this week

Whats the craic with Walcotts injury? It says on the FPL site he should be back for the match on Monday yet he is still on red, not even orange or yellow?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

I have Fletcher/Suarez/RVP up front. This week I'm debating Feltcher->Berbatov

However the only thing that's holding me back is, keeping my transfer for next week whereby if i downgrade a defender i can then do Fletcher-Torres (home to villa with decent enough fixtures coming up).

What does everyone think? Then I'd have Torres/Suarez/RVP with a midfield of Fellanini/Michu/Carzola/Bale/Sterling.

All I'd be missing then potentially is city coverage so maybe Silva->Bale/Carzola.

Thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Captain Bob

Whats the craic with Walcotts injury? It says on the FPL site he should be back for the match on Monday yet he is still on red, not even orange or yellow?

Holding him myself, it is actually 4 days more.
    I'd say chances for Walcott to get back by Monday night much higher then to get injured over weekend for everyone else;)

Advertisement