Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 17 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭AwayWithFaries

Played my wildcard this week. Needed to tighten up my defense. Hoping for a good return off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Nolan to Cazorla for me I think, but will prob replace him with Mata or Hazard in the next few weeks.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

bohsman wrote: »
    Nolan to Cazorla for me I think, but will prob replace him with Mata or Hazard in the next few weeks.

If you have a more pressing transfer, I'd do that instead and just go Nolan straight to either Bale or Mata the following week.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

FutureGuy wrote: »
    If you have a more pressing transfer, I'd do that instead and just go Nolan straight to either Bale or Mata the following week.

I'm reasonably happy, think my defence will take a pounding this week but ok for the long run, Defoe is a must have this week but may sell soon, opinions welcome. 4m in the bank.

Begovic Jussi

Shorey Cuellar Cameron Clyne Clark

Bale Fellaini Michu McCarthy Nolan

Defoe Tevez Van Persie.

Not 100% sure of which top tier mfs to have, think Bale and Mata longterm but the likes of Hazard, Cazorla, Young and Valencia could take a spot if they hit form. My biggest problem is whether to play McCarthy against Norwich, seems he had a great game last week but who to drop for him?

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭orkkukunkku

Lemlin wrote: »
    Wait until the team news Friday and see. Bale, Enrique and Ridgewell could all be back.

For example, Rodgers said Enrique only had a slight strain.

Might be stupid question but what is the best site for those news? BBC football? FFS?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Might be stupid question but what is the best site for those news? BBC football? FFS?

FFS have an injury page which is updated regularly. I have Enrique also, he played in the Europa league a few days before the West Ham match and his hamstring was still tight so he should be ok for this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Arsenal have a great bunch of fixtures coming up in their next five, you would be mad not to have either Carzola or Walcott in your team for the next few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Arsenal have a great bunch of fixtures coming up in their next five, you would be mad not to have either Carzola or Walcott in your team for the next few weeks

I'd consider Walcott but you can never be sure he'll play until he's on the pitch, I felt Giroud would be a good bet a few weeks ago but not so sure now, If Cazorla can pick up handy points like he did at the weekend he'll be grand but he's the weakest of the premium midfielders at the moment IMO. I'm happy enough with Mertesacker myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

FFS is very good, their twitter feed always has the latest most relevant team news for ff managers (generally on a Friday), their team news section is good too, compiling (generally) all that into one place ahead of fixtures...

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭NN215

berbatov is killing me
    should i stay with him since petric is back ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

NN215 wrote: »
    berbatov is killing me
    should i stay with him since petric is back ?

Martin Jol said in an interview last night that while Bryan Ruiz is out, Berbatov has been tasked with providing creativity and linking with the midfield. Gary Neville had him MOTM because of all the work he did all over the park despite not scoring or assisting.

So since Ruiz will prolly be out till the new year
    I'd expect Berbatov to not be scoring as many goals in the medium term.

He is a slick bástard though, so could prove me wrong! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭NN215

Martin Jol said in an interview last night that while Bryan Ruiz is out, Berbatov has been tasked with providing creativity and linking with the midfield. Gary Neville had him MOTM because of all the work he did all over the park despite not scoring or assisting.

So since Ruiz will prolly be out till the new year
    I'd expect Berbatov to not be scoring as many goals in the medium term.

He is a slick bástard though, so could prove me wrong! :pac:

damn.
    who do you think i should replace him with ?
    i've got 1.6 mil in the bank.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

damn.

Defoe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Green Brigade

Does anyone know what the story with Walcott is? I see he's not starting tonight against Bradford, be ready for Monday?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Begovic/Jaas
    Rafael-Clyne-Shawcross-Gibbs-Demel
    Fellaini-Mata-Walcott-Michu-Sterling
    Berbatov-RVP-Giroud

I have 2 million in the bank and was thinking of doing Giroud to Suarez ? I know people will say upgrade Demel but I've only played with 3 defenders so far this season and think I have good enough options with the other 4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

Begovic/Jaas
    Rafael-Clyne-Shawcross-Gibbs-Demel
    Fellaini-Mata-Walcott-Michu-Sterling
    Berbatov-RVP-Giroud

I have 2 million in the bank and was thinking of doing Giroud to Suarez ? I know people will say upgrade Demel but I've only played with 3 defenders so far this season and think I have good enough options with the other 4

get rid of walcott. when he's back from injury he will be rotated a lot unless he signs that contract

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

darego wrote: »

get rid of walcott. when he's back from injury he will be rotated a lot unless he signs that contract

I thought he'd be played a lot to keep him sweet and make him sign a contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,084 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I thought he'd be played a lot to keep him sweet and make him sign a contract?
    Hasn't worked that way upto now.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

CSF wrote: »
    Hasn't worked that way upto now.

He's been injured has he not?

Im going to stock up on Stoke defenders. I have Begovic and Cameron already but i'm going to get Shawcross as well and play all 3 when they are at home. Feck it.

Also, not sure if I should get rid of Berbs for Tevez. Tevez is a rotation risk but even when he comes on for a few mins he does unreal. berbatov is great but hasnt done anything for me in weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,084 ✭✭✭✭CSF

He's been injured has he not?
    Sometimes but even when fit Wenger has let him know who is boss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭anirishlad

Bringing in aguero, now that man city are out of europe he should be the main man up front and hopefully he will begin to bang them in.

damn.

I dunno. I have Tevez RVP and Shane Long at the moment, although Long might be getting the boot. I'm holding off on making any transfers for a day or two...

Tevez is a good bet. He's playing well whenever he gets on the Pitch. Sorry if that's a bit obvious.

Ba is another option.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,542 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Fletcher > Berba methinks

Anyone else tempted by Gerrard -

12 chances, 8 goal attempts and 105 touches in the last 3rd in the last 4 games.

He's the top player currently outperforming the points he's getting, if that makes any sense.....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Shane732 wrote: »

12 chances, 8 goal attempts and 105 touches in the last 3rd in the last 4 games.

He's the top player currently outperforming the points he's getting, if that makes any sense.....

Gerrard isn't the player he used to be. avoid

• Registered Users Posts: 39,542 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Shane732 wrote: »

If I didnt already have 2 Liverpool players then maybe, but even then not as his price.

I have Sterling already and I wouldn't bring in a second player from the same team without serious reason to do so. Plus at the price difference I couldn't have Gerrard over Sterling. Just wondering if anyone was considering taking the risk.

I took the risk of bringing Giroud in last week and making him captain - result 2 points! Still, assuming he's not out injured Arsenal have an ok run of fixtures so I'll keep him for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

What do people think of bringing in sagna. Only 5.1 and as mentioned befor arsenal have a decent run. Will he defo start the next couple of fixtures or better off bringing in a sure starter liker metersacker?

• Advertisement

What do people think of bringing in sagna. Only 5.1 and as mentioned befor arsenal have a decent run. Will he defo start the next couple of fixtures or better off bringing in a sure starter liker metersacker?

I had Sagna in for 2-3 weeks when he first came back form injury but got rid of him as he did ****e all really. Look like he's hitting a bit form now though, but not yet back to the level he was at before the second leg-break.

I'd stay well away from Mert anyway, zero assist potential.

Advertisement